TraciC's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thank you for submitting your Connect Live application

Googler

Photo Caption: Connect Live 2018 branding which includes a global skyline and fireworks.Photo Caption: Connect Live 2018 branding which includes a global skyline and fireworks.

Update, 6/13/18: All 151 selected applicants have been notified about their status and all remaining Local Guides will hear about their status by June 20th.

Over the coming days everyone who applied for this year’s Local Guides event, Connect Live 2018, will receive an email about whether or not they have been selected to attend. I wanted to take a moment to thank everyone for submitting their applications and let you know how much fun the team had in reviewing the thousands (yes, THOUSANDS) of applications.

We have selected 151 Local Guides to represent the global community at Connect Live 2018. That’s right: you heard it here first that we selected an extra Local Guide to share information back with the community!

Every person selected was carefully reviewed by the team and chosen for a very special reason. While some may not share their status just yet, we ask you to be patient as they work through their excitement — and the details.

Overall, it was inspiring to see how committed many of you are to the Local Guides community on top of making fantastic contributions to Google Maps: helping your local community by adding new places, creating lists to help others exploring your area, and hosting meet-ups to connect locally, just to name a few. It was fun learning about your specific passions, too. Whether you were one of the vegan foodies, accessibility champions, or rappers (yes, there were rappers!), you help to keep Connect a warm and welcoming place for Local Guides no matter where in the world you may call home.

I’m proud to be a Local Guide and I look forward to seeing our global community grow over the coming weeks, months, and years, especially here on Connect.

Keep an eye on #LocalGuidesConnect here on Connect and on social media to hear what folks are saying about this year’s event!

Note: Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!.
3,148 Comments
Level 7

Hey! @Nghia-Vo, Congrats man, Applied 1st time and got selected, don't you think you forgot to apply last year :)))

Cheers 

Vasudeo

@Nghia-Vo wrote:

This is the forst time I apply for thos event and hell yeah, I get selected 😍😍😍😍

It's unbelievable ~~~~~♡

Vasudeo
Level 7

Great to read your thoughts @ChamnanMuon, thanks for sharing :))

Cheers 

Vasudeo

@ChamnanMuon wrote:

Thanks for your update @TraciC!!! Again, congrats & all the best for all selected friends 🙏! For all (included me), who haven't selected this year, please keep your community passion to help build a better map for everyone in the world. Next year, it could be your chance!

Vasudeo
Level 7

If it is a poem, enjoyed reading mate :)) @Rcostaval

Cheers 

Vasudeo

@Rcostaval wrote:

As time passes the more my heart beats.

One glance on  e-mail.

Another check on Local Guides Connect. 

Seeing the Local Guides selected. Their happyness, the excitation. Happy for them, also.

Well, for certainty some kind of information all will receive. For while why not:

"Still dreaming"

Yours,

Ricardo Rosário

Vasudeo
Level 7

I can understand mate, I am sure you going 1st time :)) @BudiFXW

Good luck and complete the documentation soon possible 🙂

Cheers 

Vasudeo 

@BudiFXW wrote:

Thank you @Vasudeo.

Need some effort to fullfil the documentations.

Regards

Budi.

Vasudeo
Level 10

Who else has been selected. Has anyone realized the heat on the plateform has reduced?

Sheriff Sammo
Level 8

Good day @Vasudeo

Live is a poem, isn't It?

Thank you for your comment.

Yours,

Ricardo Rosario

Ricardo Costa Val do Rosário
Level 7

Depend how you sings it! you are right bro

yours too :)) Cheers !

Vasudeo

Vasudeo
Level 8

Dear all, do not lose your spirit of your goal & global service. Perks & funs are only secondary.

They come by  in recognisance & Honour of Good work done by the most deserved. Of course all cannot be accommodated at the summit.

Find pleasure & fun in your routine travels &  in virtual travel  to continue mapping.& contributing.

Let us wait for better chances with better performances in 2019.

- Dhanasekaran M

Dhanasekaran
Level 9

@tinhuang Thank you. If you will miss this year (there is a chance too) your will get next year. 

Level 9

@RashmiM Thank you very much 

I was just about to board on a boat for 3 hours of sailing then go camping in the forest of Canada for a few days, no internet, no WiFi.

I refresh my phone mailbox one very last time with the last bar of the free WiFi available in range, and I get a mail from Google...

"You made the cut" 😄

I just couldn't believe it, and I had to wait to go back to connected life to read the mail again and to realize that it was REAL.

Thank you so much Google Maps for this opportunity, can't wait to meet you all!!!

Level 6

@MarineSergent Congratulations. It is now up to you to decide whether to go fishing or do the necessary preparation for the big event

Level 9

@MarineSergent

Congratulations!!!

Level 8

Hey @TraciC

I would say that all remaining local guides have already “heard” about their status, no?

I think it would be only fair not to draw it out until the 20th

Update, 6/13/18: All 151 selected applicants have been notified about their status and all remaining Local Guides will hear about their status by June 20th.

Connect Moderator

@RashmiM

Thanks a lot, I really appreciate that

Level 7

Oh god! saved from a near miss, isn't it :)) happy to know about 🙂 @MarineSergent thanks to free wi fi :))

Congrats !You made the cut!

Cheers 

Vasudeo

@MarineSergent wrote:

I was just about to board on a boat for 3 hours of sailing then go camping in the forest of Canada for a few days, no internet, no WiFi.

I refresh my phone mailbox one very last time with the last bar of the free WiFi available in range, and I get a mail from Google...

"You made the cut" 😄

I just couldn't believe it, and I had to wait to go back to connected life to read the mail again and to realize that it was REAL.

Thank you so much Google Maps for this opportunity, can't wait to meet you all!!!

Vasudeo
Connect Moderator

Amazing job as always @RobAo! 😂😁 Very true and entertaining lol

Miami, FL | My Profile | #LGMiami | #TeamPixel | #ShopSmall
Level 7

@BakulMehta

Hey, 

What do you mean by "Still some of LG's have yet not seen their Final Cut to SF"

I think i'm in the Final Cut?

Level 10

I already have my flight tickets...!!! So only thing left to do is wait 🙂

Well actually I have a loooot of plans to do, but the biggest step has already been taken!! I'm so happy, I feel so honored.

Happy guiding!

Can't wait to see you @TraciC  @KarenVChin @ErmesT @Sagir @SalmaanN @Surendra @RupendraNeupane 🙂

Argentina | Follow me on Maps! | IG
Former Google Contributor

@arielko The delay allows for selected attendees to complete the registration process and make travel arrangements. In the event that one of the 151 selected attendees cannot come, his or her spot will be filled with another Local Guide.

Connect Moderator

I'm happy for you @ValeriaA_ 

I can't wait to see you too...

NO to PLASTIC, Together, we can Achieve

Connect Moderator

Congratulations @MarineSergent

Can't wait to see you in SF

NO to PLASTIC, Together, we can Achieve

Level 8

@MarineSergent wrote:

"You made the cut" 😄

Congratulations MarineSergent

👏👏👏👏👏

Cheers

Level 7

@brittym many thanks for clarification! :))

Cheers 

Vasudeo

Vasudeo
Level 10

@PatQQ

Hey. Final Cut means You are in.

See your email of invitation.

I don't mean to say you are out.

Sorry if you heart by this.

@PatQQ wrote:

@BakulMehta

Hey, 

What do you mean by "Still some of LG's have yet not seen their Final Cut to SF"

I think i'm in the Final Cut?

BM63
Level 10

@brittym

Thanks for this information..

@brittym wrote:

@arielko The delay allows for selected attendees to complete the registration process and make travel arrangements. In the event that one of the 151 selected attendees cannot come, his or her spot will be filled with another Local Guide.

BM63
Level 10

@MarineSergent

Congratulation for getting in.

@MarineSergent wrote:

"You made the cut" 😄

@PatQQ Please see also above post where @MarineSergent also get message of "You made the cut" 

Thanks @PatQQ

BM63
Level 10

@Dhanasekaran_Muthu

Well said Bro.

Keep it up....

@Dhanasekaran_Muthu wrote:

Dear all, do not lose your spirit of your goal & global service. Perks & funs are only secondary.

They come by  in recognisance & Honour of Good work done by the most deserved. Of course all cannot be accommodated at the summit.

Find pleasure & fun in your routine travels &  in virtual travel  to continue mapping.& contributing.

Let us wait for better chances with better performances in 2019.

- Dhanasekaran M

BM63
Level 10

@Dhanasekaran_Muthu

True.

You might be in.

Hope..that...

@Dhanasekaran_Muthu wrote:

Keep contributing without losing hope.

Some of the deserving 7th level applicants have been selected. You have a few more days to go.

If some selected candidates withdraw from attending possibility is that even after 20th june some may be nominated in lieu of them.

Let us improve our status to be an eligible selection in 2019 with California Dreams!

BM63
Level 10

@PaulPavlinovich

Thanks for the clarification to all LG's who lost hope.

Motivating to all of us.... Hope so....

@PaulPavlinovich wrote:

Hi @raviranjan9973 @bdmafuz the first round of invitations have gone out as Googler Traci announced on 13/06. Don't lose hope though as some of those people may not be able to attend because their circumstances have changed or they are not able to get a visa. 

I will merge this with the announcement post to keep Connect tidy.

Regards Paul

BM63
Level 10

@Nghia-Vo

Many many congratulation for being selected...

Enjoy your connect live 2018.

@Nghia-Vo wrote:

This is the forst time I apply for thos event and hell yeah, I get selected 😍😍😍😍

It's unbelievable ~~~~~♡

BM63
Level 10

@ChamnanMuon

You are right by saying this.

Thanks.

@ChamnanMuon wrote:

Thanks for your update @TraciC!!! Again, congrats & all the best for all selected friends 🙏! For all (included me), who haven't selected this year, please keep your community passion to help build a better map for everyone in the world. Next year, it could be your chance!

BM63
Level 10

@--Ricky--

Please wait till 20th June and hope also....

@--Ricky-- wrote:

Buenas noches a todos, espero que estén bien. Alguien sabe si los que no fueron seleccionados para Summit 2018 también reciben un mail? En las bases del concurso decía que todos recibirían un mensaje sean seleccionados o no. Pero me extraña que no haya recibido ningún mensaje aún. Siempre miro incluso el correo no deseado y las otras carpetas del correo electrónico. Hay alguien que haya recibido un mensaje que diga que no fue seleccionado? Y algo más: hay alguna lista para conocer a los seleccionados? 

BM63
Level 10

@Lin0

That's right.

Everybody hoping and waiting and excited.....

@Lin0 wrote:

I really hope I could be the selected one of 151 local guides! so excited!

BM63
Level 10

@mannanrko

"EID MUBARAK" to all.....

@mannanrko wrote:

Hi LG's

How are you all doing.

May the day delight
and the moments measure all the special joys
for all of you to treasure.
May the year ahead
be fruitful too,
for your home and family
and especially for you.
Eid Mubarak !

Once again Eid Ul Fitr 2018 Mubarak to everyone out there.

Keep smiling and spread love.

🙂

BM63
Level 10

@RobAo

WOWWWW. Lovely.

Thanks for sharing these beautiful GIFt series, Episode -1.

Thanks.

Waiting for next series.

BM63
Level 7

@BakulMehta

Oh, No Problem!

Thought you meant that I am still waiting for my Final Cut haha

I already got the email and Registered. Guess i'm all set ~

Level 10

@PatQQ

I know that you are in and congratulation for that.

Congrats for registration also.

Enjoy you connect live at SF.

@PatQQ wrote:

@BakulMehta

Oh, No Problem!

Thought you meant that I am still waiting for my Final Cut haha

I already got the email and Registered. Guess i'm all set ~

BM63
Level 10

Congrats @GabrieleDAmbrosio for being selected among the 151 luckiest. 

Keep updating us about your tour. Is this first time you flying to SFO?

Level 10

Hiiiii @RobAo

Your GIFs are really amazing. God, it is so relatable and true at this point of time.

Waiting for your next sets of GIF eagerly. 

Connect Moderator

Woww @ValeriaA_! That was fast! Remember to pace yourself. = ) October is a long way from now!

What are you going to do with all your free time?! = ) Btw, I like your enthusiasm.

Cheers,

Karen

Level 7
  • Hi @brittym,
  • Thanks a lot for explaining .
  • So, we can still keep the ray of hope.
  • Best wishes to all those who are selected .
  • Enjoy the event.
  • Kind regards,
  • Shiva. 
Connect Moderator

Congrats @MarineSergent. Isn’t it amazing how life just happens?

Be sure to register online via your Connect Live invite email to reserve your spot.

See you in October.

Cheers,

Karen

Level 6

@ValeriaA_Congratulation and wish you all the best. Pass my regards when you arrive to the event.

Connect Moderator

@RobAo, you crack me up with your humorous creativity! 

Thanks for taking king the time and sharing what is in your mind to us here in the Local Guides Connect Community.

Cheers,

Karen

Level 10

Congratulations @Nghia-Vo for your selection.

You are so lucky. Keep updating about your tour. 

Are you traveling first time to the states. 

Level 7

congratulations to those who were selected ❤️

I hope you have a good time there , to learn new  things and share them to us 🙂 for  the rest we will be positive and  wait for 20 june !! but it does not matter if we where not choosen,we will wait until  2019 !! we have the time and the opportunity until then to become more creative, to contribute more and to improve ourself!

good luck to all!

Connect Moderator

Congrats @GabrieleDAmbrosio. Persistence pays off.

There are 2 fellow countrymen who also received Connect Live invites - @ErmesT @davidhyno

Look forward to finally meet you this October.

Be sure to register online from your invite email to reserve your spot.

Cheers,

Karen