TraciC's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thank you for submitting your Connect Live application

Googler

Photo Caption: Connect Live 2018 branding which includes a global skyline and fireworks.Photo Caption: Connect Live 2018 branding which includes a global skyline and fireworks.

Update, 6/13/18: All 151 selected applicants have been notified about their status and all remaining Local Guides will hear about their status by June 20th.

Over the coming days everyone who applied for this year’s Local Guides event, Connect Live 2018, will receive an email about whether or not they have been selected to attend. I wanted to take a moment to thank everyone for submitting their applications and let you know how much fun the team had in reviewing the thousands (yes, THOUSANDS) of applications.

We have selected 151 Local Guides to represent the global community at Connect Live 2018. That’s right: you heard it here first that we selected an extra Local Guide to share information back with the community!

Every person selected was carefully reviewed by the team and chosen for a very special reason. While some may not share their status just yet, we ask you to be patient as they work through their excitement — and the details.

Overall, it was inspiring to see how committed many of you are to the Local Guides community on top of making fantastic contributions to Google Maps: helping your local community by adding new places, creating lists to help others exploring your area, and hosting meet-ups to connect locally, just to name a few. It was fun learning about your specific passions, too. Whether you were one of the vegan foodies, accessibility champions, or rappers (yes, there were rappers!), you help to keep Connect a warm and welcoming place for Local Guides no matter where in the world you may call home.

I’m proud to be a Local Guide and I look forward to seeing our global community grow over the coming weeks, months, and years, especially here on Connect.

Keep an eye on #LocalGuidesConnect here on Connect and on social media to hear what folks are saying about this year’s event!

Note: Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!.
3,148 Comments
Level 8
Level 8

Thanks for information. 

@TraciC

Nityananda Mishra

Screenshot_2018-06-14-16-58-47-441_com.android.chrome.png

Update, 6/13/18: All 151 selected applicants have been notified about their status and all remaining Local Guides will hear about their status by June 20th.

Over the coming days everyone who applied for this year’s Local Guides event, Connect Live 2018, will receive an email about whether or not they have been selected to attend. I wanted to take a moment to thank everyone for submitting their applications and let you know how much fun the team had in reviewing the thousands (yes, THOUSANDS) of applications.

We have selected 151 Local Guides to represent the global community at Connect Live 2018. That’s right: you heard it here first that we selected an extra Local Guide to share information back with the community!

Every person selected was carefully reviewed by the team and chosen for a very special reason. While some may not share their status just yet, we ask you to be patient as they work through their excitement — and the details.

Overall, it was inspiring to see how committed many of you are to the Local Guides community on top of making fantastic contributions to Google Maps: helping your local community by adding new places, creating lists to help others exploring your area, and hosting meet-ups to connect locally, just to name a few. It was fun learning about your specific passions, too. Whether you were one of the vegan foodies, accessibility champions, or rappers (yes, there were rappers!), you help to keep Connect a warm and welcoming place for Local Guides no matter where in the world you may call home.

I’m proud to be a Local Guide and I look forward to seeing our global community grow over the coming weeks, months, and years, especially here on Connect.

Keep an eye on #LocalGuidesConnect here on Connect and on social media to hear what folks are saying about this year’s event!

Subham
Level 10

@AdnanSami70

Well said Bro.

Keep contributing not after 20th but always as LG for betterment of community.

Don't lose hope and will meet surely next year.

True said to @TraciC Have a wonderful event with all 151 LG's.

@AdnanSami70 wrote:

Many Many Congratulations to those Lucky Ones 

who got selected for Connect Live 2018 At SF

All you Guys Deserve that Invitation...

You all worked hard,You performed better ...Stay Blessed!

Best of Luck to those who missed this great opportunity 

Never Lose Hope ...Even after 20th  June keep up good work

Keep Contributing for the betterment of Humanity

For your Community,for your Country,for your Region and for the Whole World...

@TraciC Have a wonderful Event Ahead...

Cheers,

BM63
Level 8

Hi @BakulMehta you are selected or not ?

Level 8

Hi @Juvienai don't worry, may Allah help you. Best of luck.

Level 10

@Vasudeo

Ohhh. That's the problem.

I always start from the page where I had left last night.

Thats's OK.

@Vasudeo wrote:

Yes you are right, couldent noticed as I am posting 8 pages behind, yet to reach on current page no 180 :))

Cheers 

Vasudeo 

BM63

Thank you @BakulMehta

Ishmeal Lamptey
Level 7

That's the true spirit @RashmiM great to hear your words :))

Cheers 

Vasudeo

Vasudeo
Level 9

Yup True

@Shermill829

Level 8

Hi @Local_subhamguide what about you? You are selected or not ?

Thanks a lot @Shermill829

Ishmeal Lamptey

Thank you @Vasudeo

Ishmeal Lamptey
Level 10

@DapsonIshmeal Go and make our motherland Ghana and Africa as a whole proud.

I say ayekoo! (Well done in one of the native language) and this is strictly Ghanaian

Sheriff Sammo

Thank you @RashmiM

Ishmeal Lamptey
Level 10

@bdmafuz

No. Bro. I am not in.

Sorry for you also.

We can hope for the next year.

@bdmafuz wrote:

Hi @BakulMehta you are selected or not ?

BM63
Level 8

How I hope for next year? Who knows next year I am alive. @BakulMehta

Former Google Contributor

Hey @Local_subhamguide,

I have moved your topic here - Thank you for submitting your Connect Live application.

Please consider reading this post before sending me a Private Message - Private Messages and Google Moderators

Thanks a lot bro @Shermill829 

I am hoping to see more Ghanaians  be a part of it. Go Ghana!

Ishmeal Lamptey
Level 10

@bdmafuz

No. No. Bro.

You will live long.

Don't say that.

Better luck next time.

@bdmafuz wrote:

BM63
Level 7

Thanks a ton! @JNGitau for mentioning, I adore your spirit :))

Cheers 

Vasudeo

Vasudeo
Level 7

Very well said @Shermill829 :))

Cheers 

Vasudeo

Vasudeo
Level 7

Inspiring words @AdnanSami70, thanks for sharing! :))

@AdnanSami70 wrote:

Many Many Congratulations to those Lucky Ones 

who got selected for Connect Live 2018 At SF

All you Guys Deserve that Invitation...

You all worked hard,You performed better ...Stay Blessed!

Best of Luck to those who missed this great opportunity 

Never Lose Hope ...Even after 20th  June keep up good work

Keep Contributing for the betterment of Humanity

For your Community,for your Country,for your Region and for the Whole World...

@TraciC Have a wonderful Event Ahead...

Cheers,

Cheers 

Vasudeo

Vasudeo
Level 6

Hi @TraciC

Excellent. Guiding ! Very informative and educative !  Let's make Google a better place for the Global Cummunity .

Good luck !

Best regards,

Thokchom DS

Level 10

Any estimate of number confirmed so far?

Sheriff Sammo
Level 8

Hi Mrs. @Shirley

This is a very nice information not only fof me, but also for many, I am sure.

Many thanks for your prompt and kindly answer.

Yours,

Ricardo

Ricardo Costa Val do Rosário
Level 8

Hi @Shermill829 nobody confirm any estimated number? So we should wait for 20 Jun.

Level 10

@bdmafuz wrote:

Never lose hope the best is yet to come. Just have patience!

Sheriff Sammo
Connect Moderator

Hi @OmerAli Google will not share a list of attendees. Shortly all of the invitees who confirm their attendance will get invited to a private board here on Connect to enable interaction. In past years industrious souls have created Hangouts too (both the 2017 and 2018 hangouts are still active!).

I will merge this with the main post to keep Connect tidy.

Regards Paul

Level 8
Connect Moderator

A nice thought @trasiKR I will merge this with the main post to keep Connect tidy.

Connect Moderator

No worries @bdmafuz I will merge this with the main thread to keep Connect tidy.

Connect Moderator

Hi @Rcostaval yes if a person cannot come their spot will be offered to another candidate.

Level 8

Thanks for information that 151 lgs selected. 

@TraciC

Nityananda Mishra
Level 10

Congratulation @KarenVChin

https://plus.google.com/+GolamAgamAzam
Level 8

Hallo @N4speed77 what about you ? You are selected or not?

Level 10

Congratulation on your Hat Trick Attend In S/F as a Best L/G. @SumaiyaZafrin 

https://plus.google.com/+GolamAgamAzam
Level 8

@AnitaAO Yes the storm is over and we can all just congratulate the ones that made it and pray that we can go next year.

Also, we can just be thankful like you said that we have a home to go to,a bed to sleep in, food to eat, clean water to drink, computers, phones, and friends all over the world that we can talk to.

Level 8

@AnitaAO wrote:

Hahahahahaha @Badruddeen, and you definitely don't need a hair growth, now a loan, maybe you need a PhD in how to apply next year.... 

You are really funny, I can't just get enough of Connect. What can I do without you guys? 

A laugh a day keeps the doctor away. :)))

Cheers

Level 8

@bdmafuz no, I was not selected to go. The closest I will get to SF this year is the new wallpaper I put on my phone's display....lol

Level 9

@DanielTh Thank you!! 

Level 8

@ProfArunCM

My wish and pray come true

My word for you, I am happy you got invitation this year.My word for you, I am happy you got invitation this year.

Level 7

😂🌵💛💙💓🌻🌺💜🌼

@Vasudeo I will look for it!!!

🌺💜🌼😂🐩🐶🎵💚🐱🌸

@BakulMehta thank you buddy...

SAM

Im new in local guide connect so plz tell me how to apply?????

Level 8

Thank you @PaulPavlinovich. Nice of you to rectify it

Level 10

@Harjeet_sandhu

The application for LG connect live is closed.

So you have to wait for next year.

Keep Contributing.

Thanks

@Harjeet_sandhu wrote:

Im new in local guide connect so plz tell me how to apply?????

BM63

Oh no its very bad for my google connect newly ideas 😢😢😢

Level 8

This year its over. Next year maybe they will announce a date and a level you should be in for participating a Local guide connect 2019 

Oh my god Team google localguidesconnect announces the date of the results for June 20th and people say they have received a notification