TraciC's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thank you for submitting your Connect Live application

Googler

Photo Caption: Connect Live 2018 branding which includes a global skyline and fireworks.Photo Caption: Connect Live 2018 branding which includes a global skyline and fireworks.

Update, 6/13/18: All 151 selected applicants have been notified about their status and all remaining Local Guides will hear about their status by June 20th.

Over the coming days everyone who applied for this year’s Local Guides event, Connect Live 2018, will receive an email about whether or not they have been selected to attend. I wanted to take a moment to thank everyone for submitting their applications and let you know how much fun the team had in reviewing the thousands (yes, THOUSANDS) of applications.

We have selected 151 Local Guides to represent the global community at Connect Live 2018. That’s right: you heard it here first that we selected an extra Local Guide to share information back with the community!

Every person selected was carefully reviewed by the team and chosen for a very special reason. While some may not share their status just yet, we ask you to be patient as they work through their excitement — and the details.

Overall, it was inspiring to see how committed many of you are to the Local Guides community on top of making fantastic contributions to Google Maps: helping your local community by adding new places, creating lists to help others exploring your area, and hosting meet-ups to connect locally, just to name a few. It was fun learning about your specific passions, too. Whether you were one of the vegan foodies, accessibility champions, or rappers (yes, there were rappers!), you help to keep Connect a warm and welcoming place for Local Guides no matter where in the world you may call home.

I’m proud to be a Local Guide and I look forward to seeing our global community grow over the coming weeks, months, and years, especially here on Connect.

Keep an eye on #LocalGuidesConnect here on Connect and on social media to hear what folks are saying about this year’s event!

Note: Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!.
3,148 Comments
Level 7

Always welcome bro 🙂  

Vasudeo

@NareshDarji wrote:

Thank you so much @Vasudeo bro.

@Vasudeo wrote:

Congrats @NareshDarji you deserve this 🙂

Cheers 

Vasudeo

Aa

Vasudeo
Level 7

thank you for your response

Level 8

I made the cut!  Walking the classes and seeing the email "you made the cut" couldn't contain my excitement for the rest of the day.  I'm excited for the experience and to meet local guides like me!  Congratulations to everyone!  

Level 7

Congo man! :)) @AidenWorth

Cheers 

Vasudeo

Vasudeo
Level 5

@jing_12 Congratulations, so happy for u!!!!!

Connect Moderator

Hi @Smey - Looking at the Connect Live website, you can see these statements from the FAQ:

When will the selected applicants be notified?

Selected applicants will be contacted privately by June 20.

Will I be told if I haven't been selected?

Yes. We will let you know by June 20 privately via email. Keep an eye out for future events and announcements by keeping in touch with Local Guides on Connect, Facebook, Twitter, Google+, and YouTube.

That basically means applicants can be started to be contacted before June 20th, and not exactly on June 20th only.

Level 8

Thanks @iyudhi for you information. I can see new hope 😀😁

Level 8
Connect Moderator

Congrats @AidenWorth!  Be sure to click the Register Now button on your invite email and complete the online registration form. 

Will this be your first trip to San Francisco?

Look forward to meeting you in October.

Cheers,

Karen

Level 8

@iyudhi wrote:

Hi @jing_12 - Connect Live invitations are still being distributed, until the deadline of June 20th. Keep an eye on your inbox until then 🙂

Also, I will be moving this post to the Connect Live mega thread we have going on so you can share the discussion with others!

Thanks Iyudhi :))

Some LG's have already said they have no hope. But I have been saying we all have to wait till 20th and till we get an email saying Y or N. 

Cheers for the assurance once again.

Level 8

@iyudhi wrote:

Hi @Smey - Looking at the Connect Live website, you can see these statements from the FAQ:

When will the selected applicants be notified?

Selected applicants will be contacted privately by June 20.

Will I be told if I haven't been selected?

Yes. We will let you know by June 20 privately via email. Keep an eye out for future events and announcements by keeping in touch with Local Guides on Connect, Facebook, Twitter, Google+, and YouTube.

That basically means applicants can be started to be contacted before June 20th, and not exactly on June 20th only.

Local Guides / In case .... 

Please relax. 🙂 Thanks Iyudhi

May i know the selection criteria, i didn't receive mail from Google. Did they send all invitations or what is happening

THIRUMURUGAN N,
ASSISANT PROFFESSOR IN PHYSICS,
ERODE SENGUNTHAR ENGINEERING COLLEGE,
PERUNDURAI, ERODE, TAMILNADU, INDIA
Level 8

Hi @jing_12

Welcome to Local Guides Connect and I am very happy to meet you.

As this seems to be one of your first post in here and you are new here, May I take this opportunity to give you some information about Local Guides Community Forum Connect:

• The Help Desk Check this section as lot of questions are answered here.

As an extra tips, i would suggest you to Search the community before posting as the same subject can be already being discussed.

Hi @iyudhi - jing _12 registered on Connect tonight so I do not think she even applied to Connect Live 2018. So there is a misunderstanding I believe. (I am referring to your earlier response to her). This is just for your information. Tx

Happy guiding - Badruddeen

Level 10

Thanks @Vasudeo

@Vasudeo wrote:

Many congratulations Bro @FazeelUsmani you have made it :))

Cheers 

Vasudeo

Level 10

Thank you @ShaikMohammed

@ShaikMohammed wrote:

Dear Mates,

Congratulations! You Deserve It. I am not selected this time. Still I am waiting for the email. I want to meet you guys. Out of 151 I gathered 50 user names. I want to see name as well in the list.

@ProfArunCM,

@Tula

@StephenAbraham

@Sagir

@SumaiyaZafrin

@KinWanGoGo

@WaweruM

@FazeelUsmani

@JensG

@NickOmondi

Level 10

@AidenWorth

Ohhh. Wow.

Congratulations....

💐💐💐

@AidenWorth wrote:

I made the cut!  Walking the classes and seeing the email "you made the cut" couldn't contain my excitement for the rest of the day.  I'm excited for the experience and to meet local guides like me!  Congratulations to everyone!  

BM63
Level 8

Congrats @Shirley from New Zealand and Well Done!!  You have achieved the trifecta! Unfortunately I didn't make it this year , but my thoughts will be with you all. Enjoy!

Level 7

I can't wait for the day!!! @MiaMaria@TraciC, meanwhile I just have to say congrats again and feel blessed, this will be a perfect experience and

will be my first time in San Francisco too!

Love! 🌸💜🌼💙🐱💚

Level 8

@Alana74 Congrats and have a great time.

Level 9

Are there still people left for confirmation or every one got  noticed,  because 

Level 8

Congrats @NareshDarji

Level 8

@TraciC

Thanks for the update. 

Congrats for all entrants.

👏👏👏

Level 8

Congrats @NickOmondi

Level 4

@AidenWorthCongratulations! Do not forget Register now button!

Level 8

Thanks @trasiKR

Level 8

Congrats @Julien44 have a great time 

Level 8

Thanks @N4speed77

Level 8

Earned my 27th badge tonight, im still hoping to get one of the golden tickets to SF....

Capture.PNG

Level 8

Thanks @BakulMehta

Level 8

Congrats @FazeelUsmani

Level 10

@N4speed77

Wish you all the best for getting in.

👍🏻👍🏻

@N4speed77 wrote:

Earned my 27th badge tonight, im still hoping to get one of the golden tickets to SF....

Capture.PNG

BM63
Level 9

Brother @N4speed77, please do not start again tonight! 😁

The storm is over! 

A-Beta
Level 8

Congrats @HeyJoe

Level 9

Hey @Safdarrai:

It is definitely an exciting time!!! I'm going to merge your post to the mega-thread for Connect Live to keep all of the excitement and news together! Thanks 🙂

Please post publicly so others can benefit as well. I do not have private messages. Thanks!
Level 5

@N4speed77 Congratulations for your badges!!!

Level 9

Hey brother @OSAMA, I am glad we have overcome the storm and seeing the beautiful sunshine in the other side now, we are free at last.... 

The expectations were high, but we least expected the news so early on a beautiful Monday afternoon.... 

I looked forward to it but didn't make the list, 

I am happy my friends @Sagir, @ValeriaA_, and a host of others made it... I am dedicating this post to all of you who made it! Congratulations, you deserve it! 

To the rest of us, this is where we will have our summitlive18, same day, same time but here on Connect with a great family... 

Those who are still expecting an invite, are they still sending out more invitation to local guides? @the moderators?

A-Beta
Level 10
Level 10

Congrats for IndONEsia 🇮🇩👍

Level 8

@AnitaAO haha ok, I won't start tonight. Plus my Jordanian brother @OSAMA is not here right now. He must have finally fell asleep... 

Level 9

Yeah brother @N4speed77, after the storm one needs THIS

@OSAMA needs some rest actually... 

A-Beta
Level 9

Anyone from the Philippines? Let's connect!

Level 10

Hehe @AnitaAO Lots of conversation was definitely going on Monday everyone was already going crazy checking and refreshing their inbox. Everywhere seems normal and okay now, it seems cool this way. Congratulations to all who were selected. I didn't get an invite, so I would just stay tuned and look forward to the main event, expecting to see what it is about and the changes. 

Level 9

Thanks! I hope to see you there!

Level 7

Happy for all  who were invited. @AnitaAO, the storm was 's really over.  We'll all keep guiding and connecting.  Congrats once again @Sagir and @ValeriaA_. Safe trip to San Francisco.  I wish you all the best 

Level 9

hehe @AnitaAO , the storm is still on even after 20 :)))

wait and see :)))) thouisands of memebrs not online they will come at 20th of June 

for us yes we need this sunshine and maybe little dark cave to relax and continue what we start :))))

what do you thinnk bro @HelloSamsonR

and hello @Flozy how r u?? 😄 

Level 9

heheeh no sleep yet @N4speed77 , we are preparing for Eid celebration after two days :))))

just arrived home :))) so whats the news did you received anything ??

@N4speed77 wrote:

@AnitaAO haha ok, I won't start tonight. Plus my Jordanian brother @OSAMA is not here right now. He must have finally fell asleep... 

Level 9

#surprised @HelloSamsonR, normal and okay now? Do we now take it that the heat period is just for the summitlive18 application or local guides are taking deserved rest? 

A-Beta
Level 9

Yes! Yes! Yes!  @Flozy, they deserve it, congratulations over and over to them all! 

A-Beta