TraciC's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thank you for submitting your Connect Live application

Googler

Photo Caption: Connect Live 2018 branding which includes a global skyline and fireworks.Photo Caption: Connect Live 2018 branding which includes a global skyline and fireworks.

Update, 6/13/18: All 151 selected applicants have been notified about their status and all remaining Local Guides will hear about their status by June 20th.

Over the coming days everyone who applied for this year’s Local Guides event, Connect Live 2018, will receive an email about whether or not they have been selected to attend. I wanted to take a moment to thank everyone for submitting their applications and let you know how much fun the team had in reviewing the thousands (yes, THOUSANDS) of applications.

We have selected 151 Local Guides to represent the global community at Connect Live 2018. That’s right: you heard it here first that we selected an extra Local Guide to share information back with the community!

Every person selected was carefully reviewed by the team and chosen for a very special reason. While some may not share their status just yet, we ask you to be patient as they work through their excitement — and the details.

Overall, it was inspiring to see how committed many of you are to the Local Guides community on top of making fantastic contributions to Google Maps: helping your local community by adding new places, creating lists to help others exploring your area, and hosting meet-ups to connect locally, just to name a few. It was fun learning about your specific passions, too. Whether you were one of the vegan foodies, accessibility champions, or rappers (yes, there were rappers!), you help to keep Connect a warm and welcoming place for Local Guides no matter where in the world you may call home.

I’m proud to be a Local Guide and I look forward to seeing our global community grow over the coming weeks, months, and years, especially here on Connect.

Keep an eye on #LocalGuidesConnect here on Connect and on social media to hear what folks are saying about this year’s event!

Note: Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!.
3,148 Comments
Level 10

@ShaikMohammed  I haven't got email .. but I am really hoping I won't be missing all my best friends there.. so still hoping for some miracle invite to happen.

@ShaikMohammed wrote:

Dear Mates,

Congratulations! You Deserve It. I am not selected this time. Still I am waiting for the email. I want to meet you guys. Out of 151 I gathered 50 user names. I want to see name as well in the list.

@ProfArunCM,

@Tula

@StephenAbraham

@Sagir

@SumaiyaZafrin

@KinWanGoGo

@WaweruM

@FazeelUsmani

@JensG

@NickOmondi

Connect Moderator

Hi @Vasudeo

I'm very happy!!!!!

Thank you!

Good luck!!!!!!

Level 7

Thanks a ton :)) @JaneBurunina

Cheers 

Vasudeo

Vasudeo
Connect Moderator
Level 10

Thank you @vvbellur

@vvbellur wrote:

Congratulations [Part 1] 

@HeyJoe@OmerAli@Dduksoup@JensMG@yelizaveta_sm@jonesndekia@ErmesT@Shirley@WaweruM@Sagir

See you soon in SF!

Level 9

heheheh i am here bro @Badruddeen , helping my mom :))))

whats the news ?? 

@Badruddeen wrote:

Hello Local Guides,

Anyone seen @OSAMA

Half way the race my friend OSAMA is missing. 😄 😄 😄

Come on Osama, come back. We have one more week to go, to come to a conclusion whether we made it or not.

#ConnectLive2018

Cheers

Level 8

@DavidTito thanks bro

Level 9

@RashmiM did you get the email ???

Connect Moderator

Thank you Karen, I'm still so very excited. When I saw the email in my inbox I just assumed it was junk mail and I was about to delete it. But I decided to open it up so I could unsubscribe from whoever sent me the "spam". It wasn't until I saw the words YOU'RE IN! that I realised who it was from and it started to sink in. I was giggling so much I couldn't speak. I called my husband.. no answer; I called my son.. no answer; I called my daughter.. still no answer!!! I needed to share my joy with someone. I did what I do best and shared it with the world on Instagram stories. I just needed to tell someone.  Hahahaha!! I was jumping around the house and laughing with happiness. My heart felt like it grew from all the adrenaline pumping through my body. My family couldn't believe it when they finally came home. We all danced around the kitchen.

Level 6

Congratulations to everyone out there who got selected for the Connect Live 2018 🙂

For those who did not get invitation don't lose hope! Keep contributing. And lets try again next year.

Never give up.

Keep smiling and spread love.

Cheers.

Abdul Mannan | Local Guide Level 6|
Former Google Contributor

Hey @OSAMA,

The goal that we had was to let all Connect Live applicants know whether or not they were selected by June 20th. We are on track to achieve that goal, so good luck from me! 🙂

See you soon.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 10

@mannanrko

Well said 

Keep mapping and keep contributing.

Thanks.

@mannanrko wrote:

Congratulations to everyone out there who got selected for the Connect Live 2018 🙂

For those who did not get invitation don't lose hope! Keep contributing. And lets try again next year.

Never give up.

Keep smiling and spread love.

Cheers.

BM63
Level 9

thank you my great friend @KlaudiyaG :)))

i think maybe my application not seen or my video not seen because in analytics no views from USA :)))

lest wait and see :)))

about me i think i try to do my best 🙂

Level 9

thank you so much for your good wishes @Sagir :))

@Sagir wrote:

Congratulations my friend @Julien44

I'm happy for you too. We are waiting the good news from @OSAMA @Justine2807 @HelloSamsonR and @Anonymous

See you in SF

Level 10

Wowwwww @Julien44 congratulations!! It will be great to meet you in San Francisco 🙂

@Julien44  escribió:

Hi @Tula@NickOmondi@KarenVChin@SumaiyaZafrin@XanderO@ValeriaA_@FrancM@MIHashimi@ProfArunCM

I just want to congratulate you for being selected.

I have been lucky enough for also being selected and I will have the chance to meet you there! I am very very happy!

See you

Jul

Argentina | Follow me on Maps! | IG
Level 9

nothing yet @bdmafuz 🙂 and you ??

@bdmafuz wrote:

Hi @OSAMA @Badruddeen what about your mail? I am waiting......

Level 10

Thanks @Vasudeo!

Happy guiding 🙂

@Vasudeo  escribió:

Congratulations @ValeriaA_

Cheers 

Vasudeo

Level 10

Thanks @vvbellur! Congratulations to you too! Looking forward to meeting you 🙂

@vvbellur  escribió:

Congratulations [Part 2]
@Alana74, @Tula @NickOmondi@KarenVChin@SumaiyaZafrin@XanderO@FaridTDF@ValeriaA_@FrancM@MIHashimi
Looking fwd to meeting you all in SF!

Hey @LucioV,

No worries at all, really appreciate your attention :). Keep on being awesome! 🤘🏽

Level 7

@KarineDemon wrote:

Waaa!!! Im so nervous!!! Im waiting for my golden ticket

May you get it soon!  :))

Cheers 

Vasudeo

Vasudeo
Level 7

Hi Penny Christie,

Happy to know that U R selected!

Thanks for sharing your joyful moment with all of us, the LGs & your extended family ! 

You deserve it. 

Enjoy, learn new things & meet some of our friends ! 

Have a rocking show at @liveconnect2018

Cheers.

Shiva

Level 9

i believe in you @ProfArunCM :)))

@ProfArunCM wrote:

@OSAMA

I believe that you are in.

Level 9

@OSAMA

Not yet and it is okay not everyone will be a part of the summit 🙂

Level 9

@PennyChristie

Congratulations!!!

Level 9

yeah just 151 @RashmiM :))) wait wait 🙂

Level 9

@mannanrko

Absolutely right 🙂

Level 9

@OSAMA

Let's be happy for our friends and you never know 2019 we all might be having fun together 🙂

Level 10

@RashmiM

Yes.

Everyone will not be the part summit.

@RashmiM wrote:

@OSAMA

Not yet and it is okay not everyone will be a part of the summit 🙂

BM63
Level 8

Hey @OSAMA

Not much news. Good to see you back. 😎😎😎 

Good luck Osama.

Cheers

Level 9

@BakulMehta

Don't worry we all will have fun next year 🙂

@Badruddeen

@OSAMA

@BakulMehta

Level 9

@Badruddeen

Good luck to you too 🙂

@Linnéa Congratulations on your selection! I'm merging your post to our latest Connect Live announcement thread

Googler

One correction, @KarenVChin. The deadline for the visa is August 17, not 18. 🙂

Thanks for helping out!

@brittym

Note: Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!.
Level 7
  • Hi @OSAMA,
  • Plz don't loose your confidence yet, as we have 1 more week left for the final list.
  • May be U R lucky enough to be a part of the team of 151 !
  • Best wishes to you.
  • Cheers.
  • Shiva
Level 10

@RashmiM

Thanks for your kind word.

I am not expecting this year as so many experienced and lovely LG I had meet during my (less than 2 month) journey of Local Guide connect, so I know that they are more deserving then me and I will not be in.

But as per your wish, we could meet and have a fun next year.

Hope so.

Thanks again.

@RashmiM wrote:

@BakulMehta

Don't worry we all will have fun next year 🙂

@Badruddeen

@OSAMA

@BakulMehta

BM63
Level 10

@Linnéa

Congratulations for in by this post of @brittym.

💐💐💐

@brittym wrote:

@Linnéa Congratulations on your selection! I'm merging your post to our latest Connect Live announcement thread

BM63
Level 9

thank you @SHIVA-KASHI for your kind words :)))

@SHIVA-KASHI wrote:
  • Hi @OSAMA,
  • Plz don't loose your confidence yet, as we have 1 more week left for the final list.
  • Best wishes to you.
  • Cheers.
  • Shiva

Level 6

Thank you for the update! Congrats to everyone that got their golden ticket so far! This is so much fun and connecting with everyone on here is already so enjoyable. I love how everyone embraces each other! I feel addicted to the atmosphere and so motivated. Thank you fellow adventurers!

Level 10

@vvbellur wrote:

Congratulations [Part 2]
@Alana74, @Tula @NickOmondi@KarenVChin@SumaiyaZafrin@XanderO@FaridTDF@ValeriaA_@FrancM@MIHashimi
Looking fwd to meeting you all in SF!

Thank you @vvbellur I look forward to meeting you and as well as all other selected Local Guides too. much love :)))))

Level 10

@BakulMehta wrote:

@XanderO

Thanks bro for kind sentence.

@XanderO wrote:

Absolutely yes @BakulMehta, we all here are one big family changing the world by guiding others through the Maps. Keep doing the good job man.

You're most welcome :)))))

Connect Moderator

Sorry @TraciC - online last night way too long! August 17th!

Cheers,

Karen

Level 10

@SHIVA-KASHI

Exact words shared by you as I want for @OSAMA.

Thanks.

@SHIVA-KASHI wrote:
  • Hi @OSAMA,
  • Best wishes to you.
  • Cheers.
  • Shiva

BM63
Level 7

Congrats @YK1001

Cheers 

Vasudeo

Vasudeo
Level 9

@BakulMehta

Well said but at the same time don't presume anything. Maybe at eleventh hour you might get an email in your inbox.So stay positive.

Also thinking little rational I guess there are so many LGs and those who have got the invite they really deserve it, no matter for how many years, months,days or hours they are in LG family.

It is a difficult task to pick 151 out of so many LG's. I am really happy to have wonderful friends during such a short span which otherwise would never have been possible:)

Level 7

Good Morning. My honor to be awarded as 7 star Google Local Guide.

"After every Storm, There is a rainbow. if You have eyes, You will find it. if you have wisdom, You will create it."

I had been enduring lots of life hardships So I cherished every present moment and search the beauty of life with my eyes.

For me life is a process of constantly learning, Knowing (learn others and myself) and Purifying. I will keep working on "Growing,Sharing, Enjoying" try my effort to make every beautiful moment into eternal

Level 10

@purplegamer

This is the beauty of LG connect.

If it happens online, then you can think of when they personally meet at SF.

Thanks.

BM63
Level 9

@jing_12

That's how you must live each day with a smile and full of positivity:)

Level 10

@Vasudeo wrote:

Congrats bro @XanderO, thanks for sharing!  :))

Cheers 

Vasudeo

Thank you so much, you're most welcome brother. We all should keep doing the awesome work of guiding people through Maps 🙂