TraciC's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thank you for submitting your Connect Live application

Googler

Photo Caption: Connect Live 2018 branding which includes a global skyline and fireworks.Photo Caption: Connect Live 2018 branding which includes a global skyline and fireworks.

Update, 6/13/18: All 151 selected applicants have been notified about their status and all remaining Local Guides will hear about their status by June 20th.

Over the coming days everyone who applied for this year’s Local Guides event, Connect Live 2018, will receive an email about whether or not they have been selected to attend. I wanted to take a moment to thank everyone for submitting their applications and let you know how much fun the team had in reviewing the thousands (yes, THOUSANDS) of applications.

We have selected 151 Local Guides to represent the global community at Connect Live 2018. That’s right: you heard it here first that we selected an extra Local Guide to share information back with the community!

Every person selected was carefully reviewed by the team and chosen for a very special reason. While some may not share their status just yet, we ask you to be patient as they work through their excitement — and the details.

Overall, it was inspiring to see how committed many of you are to the Local Guides community on top of making fantastic contributions to Google Maps: helping your local community by adding new places, creating lists to help others exploring your area, and hosting meet-ups to connect locally, just to name a few. It was fun learning about your specific passions, too. Whether you were one of the vegan foodies, accessibility champions, or rappers (yes, there were rappers!), you help to keep Connect a warm and welcoming place for Local Guides no matter where in the world you may call home.

I’m proud to be a Local Guide and I look forward to seeing our global community grow over the coming weeks, months, and years, especially here on Connect.

Keep an eye on #LocalGuidesConnect here on Connect and on social media to hear what folks are saying about this year’s event!

Note: Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!.
3,148 Comments
Level 8

Best of luck @Juilee I am also waiting.

Level 8

@bdmafuz wrote:

Hi ermest and TraciC it's a great initiatives. I am waiting for mail.

Don't tag moderators every now and then and ask the status. Do you know that we still have time until 20th?

Local Guides team would let us know whether we are in or not by the deadline.

Just relax and wait please. Moderators and Googler's they'll will be really busy.

Please take my advice positively.

Cheers

Level 10

Wow congratulations @SalmaanN

You deserve it

Level 8

@nkwetche wrote:

Thousands applied—and you made the cut.

Thank TraciC
Thank Google!
What a surprise!

Wow Congratulations 

Cheers

Level 10

Hi @BishowvijayaP 

Did @OSAMA knows you are here?

Level 10

Heyyy congratulations @SalmaanN!! It will be great to meet you 😊

@SalmaanN  escribió:

Hi @OSAMA..

Got selected this year, bro.. Eagerly waiting to know yours... Very excited now.. Thank you all.. :))))

Argentina | Follow me on Maps! | IG
Level 10

Thanks bro @HelloSamsonR and congratulations to all of us here at Connect.

Level 10

@nkwetche

Congratulations for in.

💐💐💐

@nkwetche wrote:

Thousands applied—and you made the cut.

Thank @TraciC
Thank Google!
What a surprise!

BM63
Level 7

@TraciC

No matter what local guides never lose hope. Waiting for the mail.

Level 10

@SalmaanN

Congrats for getting in.

💐💐💐

@AkmalB wrote:

Wow congratulations @SalmaanN

You deserve it

BM63
Level 10

Not probably @AkmalB. 😃 I am eager to hear good news from you. 🙂

@AkmalB wrote:

Hi @BishowvijayaP 

Did @OSAMA knows you are here?

Level 10

Haha @BishowvijayaP

We are at the same point with our brother @OSAMA 

Let's chill

Level 10

@Sagir wrote:

Congratulations my bro @XanderO I'm happy for you ... See you in SF

Thank you so much @Sagir see you in CA. Also, a special congratulations to you too and to each and every Local Guides out there. I strongly believe that we will represent the interests of every Local Guides ✌✌✌✌

Level 7

Anybody got selected from Nepal??

Level 7

Congratulations !!

Level 8

@NirajBhusal thanks bro 

@NirajBhusal wrote:

हार्दिक बधाई @Sagir @Badruddeen @RupendraNeupane @Surendra @NareshDarji @SumaiyaZafrin 

Level 8

Wow, I can only imagine and envy the excitement and joy of getting selected for #localguidesconnect 2018. Congratulations to all of you who got selected. And many more congratulations to all those who worked numerous hours to make maps a true source of truth, someone is definitely thanking you around the world when they benefit from your contributions.

Not a big one, but one small victory I celebrated too, that is, one of my photo reached 40,000 views. I was surprised to know that one photo can get these many views.

Have a good one folks 🙂

Level 10

@NirajBhusal

I hadn't been in. 

It's misunderstanding of some of our LG.

@NirajBhusal wrote:

Congratulations @SalmaanN @BakulMehta @Phunky

BM63
Level 7

Congrats @SalmaanN

Level 10

@XanderO

Exactly said by you.

The LG's who are selected will represent their country and interest of the LG od that area.

@XanderO wrote:

@Sagir wrote:

Thank you so much @Sagir see you in CA. Also, a special congratulations to you too and to each and every Local Guides out there. I strongly believe that we will represent the interests of every Local Guides ✌✌✌✌

BM63
Level 10

so I am doing my regular job i.e. adding the photos to the map @AkmalB. 😂 whatever happens I am on regular duty.

@AkmalB wrote:

Haha @BishowvijayaP

We are at the same point with our brother @OSAMA 

Let's chduty

Level 9

Thanks my brother @bdmafuz

Level 10

@BakulMehta wrote:

@XanderO

Exactly said by you.

The LG's who are selected will represent their country and interest of the LG od that area.

@XanderO wrote:

@Sagir wrote:

Absolutely @BakulMehta

I posted this earlier 

I want to use this medium to send a big thank you to everyone who participated one way or the other and those who submitted applications for the Connect Live event. Undoubtedly, everyone of us helped made it a success! 

I strongly believe that the selected few were chosen based on how well it exemplified the entry requirements. Therefore, a special congratulations goes to all Local Guides from around the world and to all selected 151 Local Guides (LGs) including myself. I know that you all will definitely represent the global community and the interests of every LGs here on Connect.

TraciC it was nice enough for you to share this update, thank you for sharing.

Congratulations to you all!

Level 10

Congrats to all the people selected. Those who weren't i know there is better days ahead and just keep doing the good work and for sure each and everyone will shine in due course.

Time well tell and winners never quite!!!!!!!!!!

All the best to every local guide.

Sheriff Sammo
Level 8

Thank you so much, dear @Prodeep, @Icok, @Saroj_Regmi and @bdmafuz.... :)))))

Vellore Local Guides
Level 10

Yes @BishowvijayaP

We are on our regular duty 

Level 9

Congratulations @XanderO

See you in San Francisco, thanks @

Level 7

Best of luck @Juilee 

Connect Moderator

Wow wow congratulations bro @SalmaanN

See you at San Francisco.

💐💐💐🍾🍾🍾💝💝🎊🎊🎉🎉🎉

About me | Guiding Star 2020 | Guiding Star 2020 |  | Follow me on Instagram & Follow me on Maps |   | Happy to Help

Please use '@' before the name to tag me.

Level 10

Congratulations @راضي

You made it

Connect Moderator

@راضي

Congratulations brother. 

See you soon

Level 10

@Sanjay_viswa Congrats from all of us at Kerala Local Guides.. Malappuram rocks.. hopefully let's see if some other can join also with you there. 🙂

Level 9

@SalmaanN

Great News 

Enjoy the time 

https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/badges/userbadgespage/user-id/21203/page/1#

Congratulation @راضي  and other bro

mohamed talaat Ahmed
Level 8

Thank you so much, @Sariga bro...

@Sariga wrote:

@SalmaanN

Great News 

Enjoy the time 

Vellore Local Guides
Level 9

Yessssss @AkmalB@I made i

I will Inshaallah represent my country in San Francisco 💪💪🇸🇦🇸🇦

See you

Cheers

Saudi local guide 🇸🇦

Level 8

Hi @ValeriaA_..

Congrats to you too.. Looking forward to meet you... :))

Vellore Local Guides
Level 9

See you soon @OmerAli

Great you deserve it

Alhmdullah 

Cheers 

Saudi local guide 

Level 10

Congrats @SalmaanN ... Team India getting larger.. 🙂

Level 9

Thanks @Mohamed_Elfekei

And congratulations who selected

Cheers

Saudi local guide 🇸🇦💪

Level 10

@Juilee

Fingers crossed 😀

Wishing you luck

And everyone else who applied😀

Connect Moderator

Congratulations.... @nkwetche

💐💐💐💐

About me | Guiding Star 2020 | Guiding Star 2020 |  | Follow me on Instagram & Follow me on Maps |   | Happy to Help

Level 9

Thanks @Ram791

My friend, 

Cheers 

Saudi local guide 🇸🇦💪

Former Google Contributor

@Anonymous Hey there! After applying, you should have received a confirmation email. We won't be publishing a list of those who have been selected to attend Connect Live 2018 as we respect everyone's privacy and some may not wish to share at this point, especially as travel arrangements have not yet been finalized. Selected attendees have been encouraged to share and will soon have a badge on Connect that will designate them as attending Connect Live 2018. I'm going to merge your question into our discussion about the Connect Live applicants being selected in case others have the same question. 🙂 

Former Google Contributor

@Anonymous Hey there! After applying, you should have received a confirmation email. We won't be publishing a list of those who have been selected to attend Connect Live 2018 as we respect everyone's privacy and some may not wish to share at this point, especially as travel arrangements have not yet been finalized. Selected attendees have been encouraged to share and will soon have a badge on Connect that will designate them as attending Connect Live 2018. I'm going to merge your question into our discussion about the Connect Live applicants being selected in case others have the same question. 🙂 

Level 9

Congratulations @SalmaanN

You deserve it, Also iam in Finally I made it, see you in San Francisco

Cheers

Saudi local guide 🇸🇦

Connect Moderator

Congratulations @راضي

🎉🎉🎉💐💐💐🎊🎊🎊

Level 10

@XanderO

Yes. Bro. You are absolutely right. 

It's your fine justure after being selected and encouraging is so proudly all LG's as family.

Hates off to you.

Thanks.

@XanderO wrote:

@BakulMehta wrote:

@XanderO

Exactly said by you.

@XanderO wrote:

@Sagir wrote:

Absolutely @BakulMehta

I posted this earlier 

I want to use this medium to send a big thank you to everyone who participated one way or the other and those who submitted applications for the Connect Live event. Undoubtedly, everyone of us helped made it a success! 

I strongly believe that the selected few were chosen based on how well it exemplified the entry requirements. Therefore, a special congratulations goes to all Local Guides from around the world and to all selected 151 Local Guides (LGs) including myself. I know that you all will definitely represent the global community and the interests of every LGs here on Connect.

TraciC it was nice enough for you to share this update, thank you for sharing.

Congratulations to you all!

BM63

@TraciC Thank you for the update! 

I am so excited for the Connect Live 2018! 

8 more days till the result comes in. Feeling both nervous and excited at the same time. 

Good luck! Everyone! 😄 Let's continue to build our communities via Google Local Guides! 

Level 8

Thank you so much, @BakulMehta@AkmalB.. :))

Vellore Local Guides