TraciC's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thank you for submitting your Connect Live application

Googler

Photo Caption: Connect Live 2018 branding which includes a global skyline and fireworks.Photo Caption: Connect Live 2018 branding which includes a global skyline and fireworks.

Update, 6/13/18: All 151 selected applicants have been notified about their status and all remaining Local Guides will hear about their status by June 20th.

Over the coming days everyone who applied for this year’s Local Guides event, Connect Live 2018, will receive an email about whether or not they have been selected to attend. I wanted to take a moment to thank everyone for submitting their applications and let you know how much fun the team had in reviewing the thousands (yes, THOUSANDS) of applications.

We have selected 151 Local Guides to represent the global community at Connect Live 2018. That’s right: you heard it here first that we selected an extra Local Guide to share information back with the community!

Every person selected was carefully reviewed by the team and chosen for a very special reason. While some may not share their status just yet, we ask you to be patient as they work through their excitement — and the details.

Overall, it was inspiring to see how committed many of you are to the Local Guides community on top of making fantastic contributions to Google Maps: helping your local community by adding new places, creating lists to help others exploring your area, and hosting meet-ups to connect locally, just to name a few. It was fun learning about your specific passions, too. Whether you were one of the vegan foodies, accessibility champions, or rappers (yes, there were rappers!), you help to keep Connect a warm and welcoming place for Local Guides no matter where in the world you may call home.

I’m proud to be a Local Guide and I look forward to seeing our global community grow over the coming weeks, months, and years, especially here on Connect.

Keep an eye on #LocalGuidesConnect here on Connect and on social media to hear what folks are saying about this year’s event!

Note: Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!.
3,148 Comments
Level 8

@IlankovanT Congratulations my best wishes to you, I will be watching out for you back in Perth well done 

@IlankovanT wrote:

This what I found in my inbox this Morning...

CL 2018CL 2018

Thanks for the invitation @TraciC@LuisRG,  local guides team 🙂

See you all in October @KarenVChin@ErmesT@Shirley @Sagir and others 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey @OSAMA, I steel didn't get happy news! Now waiting more eagerly ☺️

Did you get invite Osama?

Connect Moderator

@IlankovanT wrote:

This what I found in my inbox this Morning...

CL 2018CL 2018

Thanks for the invitation @TraciC@LuisRG,  local guides team 🙂

See you all in October @KarenVChin@ErmesT@Shirley @Sagir and others 🙂

Congratulations Bro @IlankovanT

See you in SF

NO to PLASTIC, Together, we can Achieve

Level 8

@NirajBhusal Congratulations you worked hard for this one well done, go get em champ

@NirajBhusal wrote:

नमस्कार Local Guides साथीहरु

Connect Live 2018 मा सहभागी हुनकालागि चुनिनु भएका सम्पूर्ण Local Guides साथीहरूलाई हार्दिक बधाई ज्ञापन गर्दछु । यो खुशीको पल बाड्नुभएको मा @TraciC र Local Guides Team लाई पनि धन्यवाद । 

निरज

Level 8

Thank you so much @DavidTito Bro. You are really very helpful. 

Level 6

@TraciC

It seems I need to try again next year.

BTW congratulations to everyone who got selected and enjoy the event.

Cheers

Abdul Mannan | Local Guide Level 6|
Level 7

There are already gandores? someone can inform me

Connect Moderator

Thank you so much @NirajBhusal and @ProfArunCMsir

About me | Guiding Star 2020 | Guiding Star 2020 |  | Follow me on Instagram & Follow me on Maps |   | Happy to Help

Please use '@' before the name to tag me.

Level 8

Congratulations @AnuradhaP 

I haven't got any mail.

Cheers

Level 8

Congratulations @IlankovanT

Wow. I am still waiting for my email. Maldives is close to Sri Lanka. :)))

Cheers

Level 8

Thanks @KarenVChin 

I am waiting for the email, just I by myself can apply for the visa but invitation letter is mandatory 

Level 8

@NareshDarji Congratulations you worked hard for this, my best wishes to you bro

@NareshDarji wrote:

Level 8

Congratulations @ProfArunCM

Wow! that's great news.

Cheers

Level 8

@NirajBhusal Thanks

@NirajBhusal wrote:

Thank you so much @DavidTito Bro. You are really very helpful. 

Level 8

@NurseitN wrote:

What a great news to wake up to!!! 

Am very happy I made it! Still under awesome impression! Can’t believe that volunteering by sharing can take to such joy and prospect of meeting likeminded guys! 

Congrats to everybody! Optimism and patience to those waiting for THE letter. 

Cheers!

Congratulations

Great news. I am waiting for my email though. 🙂

Cheers

Connect Moderator

Congratulations to all lucky 151 locLo Guides from around the world. 

💐💐💐🎉🎉🎉🎊🎊👏👏💝💝🍾🍾🍾🍾🍾

About me | Guiding Star 2020 | Guiding Star 2020 |  | Follow me on Instagram & Follow me on Maps |   | Happy to Help

Connect Moderator

I'm in bro @OSAMA

@OSAMA wrote:

@HelloSamsonR @Sagir @AlejandraMaria @BudionoS @HiroyukiTakisawa @Briggs @SalmaanN ???

any news guuys

What's your status?

Connect Moderator

Congratulations bro @WaweruM

Connect Moderator

Congratulations @OmerAli

💐💐💐

Level 8

Congraulations @NirajBhusal

You made it. That's awesome news.

Cheers

Connect Moderator

Congratulations @Sagir bro

💐💐💐💐

Level 8

@NickOmondi wrote:

Yes it will be the first time, the first time to the US, board a plane, attend an international event, everything about this trip is a first for me. 

Nicolas,

Hope you'll conquer all the barriers and make it.

Cheers

Connect Moderator

All the best for all selected Local Guides. Do the best in SF to present the community well and enjoy the part! 

BRAVO!!!

https://goo.gl/maps/6ascMbAtC6r
Connect Moderator

@MIHashimi, you’re welcome. You will get your official Gooogle invite letter to take with you shortly. Be patient. The travel agency will shortly work with you directly and help you with US Visa needs.

Cheers,

Karen

Connect Moderator

Congratulations @IlankovanT sir. See you in San Francisco. 

Connect Moderator

Thanks a lot @Haseeb

I really appreciate that. I am positive that others will start getting the emails soon 

Connect Moderator

Congratulations bro @NirajBhusal

See you in San Francisco...

Level 7

@TraciC Thanks for the update.

And Hearty congratulations to selected candidates. Your efforts made you happy now. Keep rocking.

Regards,

Bharath.S

Level 10

@ProfArunCM wrote:

Heartiest Congratulations to all selected Local Guides. 

@SP31 @RashidJorvee @BakulMehta 

I dedicated selection to Fellow Local Guides, who has always been a source of great inspiration, Thank you ALL.

@OSAMA @LucioV

Thank you Prof! 🙂 I'm really proud of this! 🙂 Congratulations!

Level 10

@Sagir wrote:

Wow... Wow... woo... I'm IN... 🎉🎊🎉🎉🎊🥂🍾

See you in San Francisco...⚘⚘⚘

Thanks for believing in me #teamGoogle

Thanks Bro @OSAMA I can't archive this without your support 

Looking forward to see you

Congratulations @Sagir!!!! 

Level 10
Level 10

Congratulations for selected candidates...

I also waiting for the best...😔😔😔

The mail should be arrive at 20 June  than how candidates selected 

Junaid
Level 10

@ValeriaA_ wrote:

I'm so happy I was selected @TraciC! I'm really excited and can't wait for the event... These previous months will be very fun!!

Great! So happy for you @ValeriaA_!!!!

Level 8

@LucioV my best wishes to you 

@LucioV wrote:

@ProfArunCM wrote:

I dedicated selection to Fellow Local Guides, who has always been a source of great inspiration, Thank you ALL.

@OSAMA @LucioV

Level 8

@NareshDarji wrote:

I'm in bro @OSAMA

@OSAMA wrote:

@HelloSamsonR @Sagir @AlejandraMaria @BudionoS @HiroyukiTakisawa @Briggs @SalmaanN ???

any news guuys

What's your status?

Wow Naresh,

I am so happy to hear the good news for you. Congratulations.

Cheers

Connect Moderator

Thank you so much bro @Badruddeen

Connect Moderator
Level 10

Dear @LucioV

You are legend and has always been a great source of inspiration, Keep guiding. 

Best wishes

@LucioV wrote:

@ProfArunCM wrote:

@OSAMA @LucioV

I am very very very much excited and waiting for the results to know who are going to attend this year live connect. Of Course there were more than 1000 of applications and really it's not that much easy task to finalize 150+1 Local Guides - I am agree with you @TraciC .

And I can feel the vibes of the energy of the Connect Live Summit and believe that in coming months, years we will have a great local community who will be passionate to help others, add on values on google maps and grow the communities by meetups and a real time connections. 

Thanks to all  @LucioV @Bharath_D @NareshDarji @OmerAli @HoudaR @DrShaunak @KarenVChin @ShirleyY 

Cheers!!!! 

@prashantontop 

Level 10

Congrats to you to @NareshDarji

Level 10

I

@NareshDarji wrote:

mpressed by your sincerity and dedication, congrats @NareshDarji

Level 9

Thank you so much! I just checked my phone, saw the email and was absolutely speechless! I made it! I can't believe it, I think I need some time to process this fact 🤗

I am so happy and thankful, I can't wait for October to meet all the other attendees and have an amazing and inspiring Connect Live event!

I ❤️ being a local guide! My contributions
My Connect Profile
Level 10

Thanks @Badruddeen

@Badruddeen wrote:

Congratulations @ProfArunCM

Wow! that's great news.

Cheers

Level 9

I am waiting this news @MiaMaria :-))

Congratulations :-))))

Level 10

@dubrovr wrote:

I am so glad you made the list @XanderO! Have a nice time out! 

Thank you my friend and thanks to every LGs for making the process a success :)))))))

Level 7

🍀🌻🍀🌻🍀🌻🍀🌻🍀🌻🍀🌻🍀

@BakulMehta everything comes on it's time!

Everyday is a new chance to make things better and different 🙌

💙🌸💙🌸💙🌸💙🌸💙🌸💙🌸💙🌸👾

Level 10

Many congratulations @MiaMaria

Level 9

@OSAMA Thank you!! Let me know when you get the mail 😍

I ❤️ being a local guide! My contributions
My Connect Profile
Level 9

Congratulations bro @NareshDarji

Wooow wooow wooow you did it 

I am very happy for you and @MiaMaria :-)))))

Keep it up guuys