TraciC's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thank you for submitting your Connect Live application

Googler

Photo Caption: Connect Live 2018 branding which includes a global skyline and fireworks.Photo Caption: Connect Live 2018 branding which includes a global skyline and fireworks.

Update, 6/13/18: All 151 selected applicants have been notified about their status and all remaining Local Guides will hear about their status by June 20th.

Over the coming days everyone who applied for this year’s Local Guides event, Connect Live 2018, will receive an email about whether or not they have been selected to attend. I wanted to take a moment to thank everyone for submitting their applications and let you know how much fun the team had in reviewing the thousands (yes, THOUSANDS) of applications.

We have selected 151 Local Guides to represent the global community at Connect Live 2018. That’s right: you heard it here first that we selected an extra Local Guide to share information back with the community!

Every person selected was carefully reviewed by the team and chosen for a very special reason. While some may not share their status just yet, we ask you to be patient as they work through their excitement — and the details.

Overall, it was inspiring to see how committed many of you are to the Local Guides community on top of making fantastic contributions to Google Maps: helping your local community by adding new places, creating lists to help others exploring your area, and hosting meet-ups to connect locally, just to name a few. It was fun learning about your specific passions, too. Whether you were one of the vegan foodies, accessibility champions, or rappers (yes, there were rappers!), you help to keep Connect a warm and welcoming place for Local Guides no matter where in the world you may call home.

I’m proud to be a Local Guide and I look forward to seeing our global community grow over the coming weeks, months, and years, especially here on Connect.

Keep an eye on #LocalGuidesConnect here on Connect and on social media to hear what folks are saying about this year’s event!

Note: Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!.
3,148 Comments

@ValeriaA_ congratulations

SAM
Level 8

@OSAMA that's because they are on the way to tell you in person and shower you with gifts.... Haha

Level 10

i tell you if you give me $$$$$ then 🙂  @OSAMAclipart-huppy1.png

Mahabub Hasan
Level 8

@ValeriaA_ wrote:

Thank you @Badruddeen!! I'm very happy about it 🙂 I still can't believe it hahaha

@Badruddeen  escribió:

Congratulations @ValeriaA_

👏👏👏👏👏 Girl Power 💪💪💪

Believe it now 😂😂😂😂😂

💪💪💪💪💪💪💪💪💪💪

Level 9

hahahahaa

okay okay i will @MahabubMunna

tell me tell me please :)))

Level 9

Hahaha @N4speed77. Pls leave @OSAMA alone.... 😁

A-Beta
Level 9

@Anonymous @HashimN @Haseeb @AkmalB yeah what happened to you guys....

Level 4

I am so glad you made the list @XanderO! Have a nice time out! 

Level 8

@AnitaAO@ I'm just jealous and hoping that @@@Osama will come and pick me up to join you guys in San Francisco... Lol @OSAMA

Level 10

Yes! that is correct what you think about me 🙂 @OSAMA

Mahabub Hasan
Level 4

Congratulations @JensG!!!!! Have a nice time out!!!!!

congratulations free.jpg

Level 8

@TraciC

Wow I feel very happy that I am selected this year for joining Connect Live 2018 from Google.

Now the Question is how Google help me to get visa, will you send me invitation letter or you directly contact to US Embassy in Kabul Afghanistan Please Help!!!

Level 9

sure sure @N4speed77 , prepare yourself :))))

Level 9

wooow woo  w wooow bro @MIHashimi congraaaaats :)))))

@MIHashimi wrote:

@TraciC

Wow I feel very happy that I am selected this year for joining Connect Live 2018 from Google.

Now the Question is how Google help me to get visa, will you send me invitation letter or you directly contact to US Embassy in Kabul Afghanistan Please Help!!!

Level 4

Congratulations!!! @MIHashimi

Level 10

Hi @Bilal_shaikh

We are still waiting ,no news yet from us

Level 10

Hi and Thank you @TraciC

Plus big thanks to all the Google Maps Local Guides Connect team. 

Many thanks to you all. Googlers and Moderators  as well as other Local Guides Connect members. Everyone so supportive for our Local communities, here on Connect and all around the world! 

Millions of people with millions of thanks to everyone involved in Google Maps Local Guides Connect. 

Congratulations and much happiness for everyone of the 151 selected. It is so exciting! Enjoy! 

Best wishes

@Justine2807

Congratulations to all 151 Connect Live attendees!Congratulations to all 151 Connect Live attendees!

Much Love and thanks to all involved in Google Maps Local Guides ConnectMuch Love and thanks to all involved in Google Maps Local Guides Connect

Many thanks to everyone!Many thanks to everyone!

Level 8

Thanks bro And How about You? Are you selected?

@MIHashimi congratulations....

SAM
Level 8

@Sami-ur-rahman

Thanks Bro

Level 4

@Justine2807Congratulations! I am so happy! You earn it!

Level 8

This Year I made it, feeling happy for contributing in Google maps from few years and now Google give me a chance to join this Program and learn more from International Local Guiders.464A331D-0B2A-43AD-8005-DC19DCDE0E86.png

Level 10

Thank you @Sami-ur-rahman!! 🙂

@Sami-ur-rahman  escribió:

@ValeriaA_ congratulations

Argentina | Follow me on Maps! | IG
Level 10

Thank you @dubrovr!! I'm very happy 🙂

@dubrovr  escribió:

Congratulations @ValeriaA_. I am so happy that you got it!!

Level 10

Thank you @AnitaAO!!! I'm very happy 🙂

@AnitaAO  escribió:

I am glad you made the list @ValeriaA_. Have a nice time out! 

Level 6

Did all 151 people received email saying they have been selected? 

Abdul Mannan | Local Guide Level 6|

Thanks for the info and exciting words.Finger cross. Congratulations to all who already notified to join.

Level 9

You should be! @ValeriaA_. Who wouldn't be happy with such great news? 

A-Beta
Level 9

not yet bro @MIHashimi 🙂

@MIHashimi wrote:

Thanks bro And How about You? Are you selected?

Level 9

@MIHashimi,

Congratulations to you. 

Google Maps and Chrome Product Expert.

Always use @ before name to tag anyone on the Connect.
Level 8

Patience is a virtue, Sir @OSAMA! I'm sure you'd be IN! If not, many will be SAD! 😇

Level 10

@ValeriaA_

Congratulations.

💐💐💐

BM63
Level 9

Hello @Sami-ur-rahman,

Best wishes for your application video dear. 

Google Maps and Chrome Product Expert.

Always use @ before name to tag anyone on the Connect.
Level 8

@carriedeps very well said. @OSAMA will be invitee # 151, they really will save the best for very last... 

Level 9

@MIHashimi

1000 Congratulations 🙌

Hope you will enjoy each second of this unique adventure.

😎

My MapsIWe're the World, We're the Local Guides!
Level 10

@FrancM

Congratulations.

,💐💐💐

BM63
Level 9

Congrats @MIHashimi!!

I'll be merging your post to the existing thread to keep the excitement together!! 

Please post publicly so others can benefit as well. I do not have private messages. Thanks!
Level 10

@MIHashimi

Congratulations.

💐💐💐

BM63
Level 8

Couldn't agree more, @N4speed77!!!!! 😄

Level 10

@FaridTDF

Congratulations.

💐💐💐

@MaxWalsh wrote:

@MaxWalsh  escribió:

Woww congratulations to the lucky 151! I'm glad to know that many that I know are going to be present this year. Some I met last year, and @ValeriaA_ that will be our representative of Argentina.
The mail did not arrive to me this time, but when I attended last year I'm still happy.

Again congratulations!

cc @OSAMA

I update and extend my congratulations to the great @FaridTDF who just told me that he was selected.

2 Argentines in San Francisco !!!!

BM63
Level 9

OMG bro @BoyScout long long time :)))))

Level 9

thank you sooo much @carriedeps for you kind words , its 3:50 am here and really you make me feel very happy 🙂

@carriedeps wrote:

Patience is a virtue, Sir @OSAMA! I'm sure you'd be IN! If not, many will be SAD! 😇

Level 9
Level 9
Level 10

@OSAMA

Here 6.20 am. We are also waiting for good news.

Be calm. You will surely in.

BM63
Level 9

I'm happy to know about your selection bro @OmerAli 
This year you are the 1st Pakistani to get the invitation, Heartiest Congratulations 🙂 

Level 9

Congratulations to 151 local guides who got chance for this year's summit. 

Congratulations @Shirley  and other 150 LG. My best wishes to you. This is morning time in India, 6.24 am.  For me no mail yet, hope for the best. 🙂 

Local Hero: Mapping Calcutta’s Hospitals | Instagram | Facebook| Twitter | YouTube | LGSummit16, LGSummit17, SVT18 alumnus
Level 8

Thanks for the update, @TraciC. Waking up to this awesome news! 😆 Being "excited" is totally an understatement! I. CAN. FEEL. IT. 

My BIG congratulations to all who have received their e-mails already saying they're IN! Well done and all the best to you, guysssss! 🤩😂 😍

Who's NEXT?!?!  Staying tuned for the next great news on this thread! Bring it on, guys! Share your happiness!  For most of us - we will wait...wait and yaaaassss, wait till the 20th. Got to believe it! Meanwhile, let's continue the work - happily guiding, mapping skillfully & working well on those edits! 🤣 Cheers everyone! 😀😀😀 

Level 10

Thank you so much #TraciC

My heart beat was beating when I was reading latest updated news about that...😅😅😅

Junaid
Level 9

wish you all the best @DrShaunak , you are local guide hero :))) wait wait :)))

@DrShaunak wrote:

Congratulations to 151 local guides who got chance for this year's summit. 

Congratulations @Shirley  and other 150 LG. My best wishes to you. This is morning time in India, 6.24 am.  For me no mail yet, hope for the best. 🙂