TraciC's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thank you for submitting your Connect Live application

Googler

Photo Caption: Connect Live 2018 branding which includes a global skyline and fireworks.Photo Caption: Connect Live 2018 branding which includes a global skyline and fireworks.

Update, 6/13/18: All 151 selected applicants have been notified about their status and all remaining Local Guides will hear about their status by June 20th.

Over the coming days everyone who applied for this year’s Local Guides event, Connect Live 2018, will receive an email about whether or not they have been selected to attend. I wanted to take a moment to thank everyone for submitting their applications and let you know how much fun the team had in reviewing the thousands (yes, THOUSANDS) of applications.

We have selected 151 Local Guides to represent the global community at Connect Live 2018. That’s right: you heard it here first that we selected an extra Local Guide to share information back with the community!

Every person selected was carefully reviewed by the team and chosen for a very special reason. While some may not share their status just yet, we ask you to be patient as they work through their excitement — and the details.

Overall, it was inspiring to see how committed many of you are to the Local Guides community on top of making fantastic contributions to Google Maps: helping your local community by adding new places, creating lists to help others exploring your area, and hosting meet-ups to connect locally, just to name a few. It was fun learning about your specific passions, too. Whether you were one of the vegan foodies, accessibility champions, or rappers (yes, there were rappers!), you help to keep Connect a warm and welcoming place for Local Guides no matter where in the world you may call home.

I’m proud to be a Local Guide and I look forward to seeing our global community grow over the coming weeks, months, and years, especially here on Connect.

Keep an eye on #LocalGuidesConnect here on Connect and on social media to hear what folks are saying about this year’s event!

Note: Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!.
3,148 Comments
Level 10

Waowow @TraciC Great news 😀🤩 for us. Best of Luck all participate who selected connect live 2018 program.

Best RegardsBest Regards

Best Regards.

Mohammed Omar Faruque
Connect Moderator

@OmarBD Spreading love and wishes with all of our fellows here!! Thanks for your joining here !! 

Happy Guiding !!!

Level 10

@ErmesT wrote:

Thank you for updating the information @TraciC

So happy to have the possibility to see you again in San Francisco.

Congratulations to all the selected

Congratulations @ErmesT! 🙂 Go Italy! 🙂

Level 10

@OmarBD

💐💐💐

Congrats.

BM63
Level 8

@TraciC Wow it's been a great news that selection process is in progress. And few got emails too. That's a big big news and I congrat all local guides who are being selected for this year's big event. And may be I might the 151st to be selected 🤣

Good Night from Paradise Kashmir

TariqMahmood
Level 10

@TariqMahmood

Yes you are right and best wishes to you.

GN from Ahmedabad

BM63
Level 9
Level 8

Congratulations to all those who have already been selected. I wish I could meet all of you there. Who knows?.

Esther

Level 9

@TimBull Thanks Mate!! 

Level 9

@Shirley Congrats Shirley!! See you soon. 

Level 9

@SP31 Thanks bruh!! 

Level 9

@OmerAli Congrats. See you soon!! 

Level 10

@Shirley

Congratulations..

💐💐💐

BM63
Level 9

@AdrianLunsong Thank you!! 

Level 8

Congratulations @yelizaveta_sm it's a big big news for you. Hopefully you will enjoy the Connect Live event in San Francisco. 

Good Night from Paradise Kashmir

TariqMahmood
Level 8

@TraciC

Thank you for the update and Congratulation to all those who selected.

Level 8

Thanks for the update 

Level 10

@yelizaveta_sm

Congratulations for being selected.

💐💐💐

BM63
Level 9
Level 9
Level 10

Wow, congratulations to you all, this is definitely some cherry news to participants who have been selected.😊

@

Level 10

@HeyJoe & Omerli & Shirey, Congratulations Guys 👏👏👏💨💨💨💨

Level 8

@OSAMA      @

@@Checking my email....my heart beat and beat so fast!!. Best of luck Osam

Level 9
Level 10

@OSAMA Nothing yet from me 😊

Level 9

@EstherGC me tooo beat very fast i cant sleep until i receive the yes or no email 

Level 9

hehehe like last year what will be will be @HelloSamsonR :))) 

Level 8

@OSAMA me neither. Uffffff. 

I need some chill out music. 

Level 10

Am thankful that i have been selected

Level 10

@OSAMA

Relax Bro.

All is well.

👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

BM63
Level 9

@WaweruM wooooow wooow congraaats 

Level 10

@WaweruM

Wow. Congratulations.

💐💐💐

BM63
Level 9

@JensMG @ErmesT congratulations!! See you soon!! 

Level 10

@TraciC thanks a lot dear my master 🙂

Mahabub Hasan
Level 9
Level 8

@BakulMehta

Yes, relax. You're totally right. But it's difficult to be relax. Hehehe. Best of luck @BakulMehta

Level 10

Thank you @OSAMA for the support also, you have played a part in this.

Level 4

Congratulations @OSAMA

Connect Moderator

Thanks @HeyJoe

really excited for the event, hope to see you soon 🙂

Connect Moderator

@HelloSamsonR

Thank you so much, I really appreciate that

Level 9

@BakulMehta Thank you!! 

Level 8

@WaweruM Congrats!!!!!. 

What a good time. Impossible to forget!!. 

Level 10

Congratulations @OmerAli @HeyJoe @WaweruM

Level 9

thank you @dubrovr but i am not received the email yet

🙂

Level 9

@WaweruM Congrats bro!! 

Level 4

@Shirley Congrats Shirley!

Level 9

i appreciate @WaweruM :))

@TraciC 🙂

@WaweruM wrote:

Thank you @OSAMA for the support also, you have played a part in this.

Level 4

@OSAMAI am sure you will. You are my hero! You deserve it!

Level 10

@OSAMA

You can see the excitement of LG's. Love to watch this first time.

👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

BM63
Connect Moderator

@AkmalB

Thanks a lot