Level 2

Thalassery biriyani

IMG-20190116-WA0007.jpg

DADAS Restaurant, Panoor, Kerala, India
5 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: Thalassery biriyani

Hi @ANJANABALAN,

Thank you for sharing your photo! What contains a thalassery biriyani? Could you tell us more about it? I have tried only vegetable biriyani and I liked a lot :D.

Due to the volume of private messages Google moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 2

Thalassery biriyani is famous for its taste and tradition....actually its simply chicken biriyani made in traditional method

Hi @ANJANABALAN,

Thank you for sharing this lovely dish with us.

Please get acquainted with the following article, which will help you make your experience here much more enjoyable: 14 helpful tips for using connect.

And one more tip: you can tag Connect members in your posts by writing @ before their name. This way they receive a notification and know that you are trying to communicate with them directly.

Thank you for your time and please don't forget to introduce yourself to the community in Introduce Yourself monthly thread.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator . Thank you!
Level 7

Hi @VasT ,

I am a Local Guide from Thalassery (a small town in South India famous for it's pepper!) There are a few variations in Biriyani depending upon the ingredients, flavour and method of cooking. Thalassery biriyani is basically cooked by putting the the meat, masala and the rice in a vessel and sealing the vessel's lid with dough as it cooks (method is known as DUM, term originates from ancient Persia) . Another peculiarity being the rice used, we use small thin rice for making Thalassery Biriyani.

Thalassery is also famous for the 3 C's. Cakes, cricket, circus.

I have prepared a list on Google Maps listing everything you can do in Thalassery in one day. Take a look at it if you're visiting South India and I'll be happy to show you around!

Check out my latest travel post: First time in Mumbai, India - 50 Hours!

Thank you for the list, @hadiag, and the extra details. This way of cooking reminded of slow cookers. Cooking this way makes the food tastier. 

Keep guiding!

Due to the volume of private messages Google moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!