RomanSyed's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Testimony of a Local Guides :)

11111.jpg

Hello, This is Syed Roman From the land of Bangla known as Bangladesh. I was born and brought up in Northern part of Bangladesh called Birampur. Birampur is a small town of Dinajpur district. Though it’s a small town but it was field green and aliveness.

I moved to Dhaka in 2014, Dhaka was totally a strange place for me because I have grown up in a small town and then moved to this big city. It was not easy for me as I don’t know much (or nothing) about the roads, places and where to find what. I wanted to study about technology so I got admitted on a university. When I started to move around Dhaka it was really hard to find the exact location and when I was asking people about different location often ended up with wrong information so ended up being frustrated. 

Dowel Chottor Dhaka University.Dowel Chottor Dhaka University.

So I started to use Google Map to find different information and it was a really helpful for me as I was getting most of the information I was looking for.

As a stranger Google search and Google Map ware my virtual guide for every day and that’s what inspired me to contribute in Google Map.In 2015 I started to contribute in Google Map and still doing it.      

My journey with Bangladesh local guide.

10.jpg

image.png21st February International Mother  Language day.21st February International Mother Language day.

Local Guide community is a place where I can see different people from different background gather under one umbrella and share their stories. First time when I attended a meet up I felt really good I saw a group of people from different places but with a same interest and we all enjoyed our time together. From that day I have attended many meet up and every time when I attended I enjoy my fellowship with every local guide. It gave me an opportunity to hear stories and experience from other local guides and share my experience and stories too.

As a team (Local Guides) we ware always involved with different volunteer activity and celebrate different occasions. We often go out as a gang we eat together do different activities together. 

Free Medical camp with Local Guides on volunteer day.Free Medical camp with Local Guides on volunteer day.Clean Dhaka campaign 2018Clean Dhaka campaign 2018

I love Photography so it also provides me opportunity take photos and share them with others. 

image.png

I personally hosted few meet up and that gave me an opportunity to share more about how Google Map works and the good ways to us it. I believe more information on Google Map will be more user friendly and will help more people to find the information they are looking for.

85 meetup in birampur85 meetup in birampur

Fun time with Kids on International Mother language Day 2018

Painting competition and fun time with kids andPainting competition and fun time with kids and

Fun time with Friends and Family. 

fun time with friendsfun time with friends

Google Local Guide gave me a platform where I can be a Volunteer and take part on the growth of our Society and our country.

It was not possible to share all my photos but here is the link for some of my photos that I took.

Would like to thank @MahabubMunna @SajolKDas Mohibur Rahaman vai, Leon vai, Juboraj vai, Aziz vay, Seddat vay, Shuvo vay, Shahed and Asif Vay for the support. 

10 comments
Level 8

Re: Testimony of a Local Guides :)

@RomanSyed I'm amazed after reading your post. Very nicely you describe your experience journey with mapping and Bangladesh local guides to. Nice to read. That's amazing. I didn't feel boring a little bit during reading your post

Level 8

Its great way to describe a nice personality and great activities of LG....best wishes....keep going

Level 8

Level 10

@RomanSyed অসংখ্য দোয়া ও শুভকামনা রইল  

Mahabub Hasan
Level 8

ধন্যবাদ ভাই। আপনার এতো সুন্দর স্টোরি আমাদের সাথে শেয়ার করার জন্য। 

এগিয়ে যান ভাই। 

আমরা আপনার শুভ কামনা করি। 

Level 8

wow wow wow!!!!

This is a great story @RomanSyed. And I am very to see myself in some of the photos you shared here. Amazing. I loved the post a lot.

Keep your good contributions to the map to help people there.

Sajol Kumar Das

Bangladesh 

Level 10

Great local guides story brother @RomanSyed best wishes for connect live 2018.

Level 8

Thanks @Arif-BDLG for supporting and reading my story. 

Level 8

@RezaurRahman brother, Thanks for the good words and support. I'm trying to describe my short story with BDLG.