MM's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7
Level 7

Terabyte free on Google Drive

Hello , I have uploaded a lot of photos , made ​​several reviews , loaded places , and I have accumulated a lot of points. (level 5)
I received 1 Tera homage to Google Drive for two years .
There is no reliable information on what happens after two years.
If after two years 1 Terabyte in Google Drive is fully used , the space will be  automatically reduced to a few GB with loss of files and folders ?
How will the operation if the files and folders ( 1 Tera ) will not be erased ?
Thanks if anyone can give me a definite answer .
Mario
Chieri, TO, Italia
11 comments

Accepted Solutions
Level 10
Solution

Re: Terabyte free on Google Drive

After the 2 year period and expiration of the 1TB promo, all your files will remain in Google Drive. However if you don't have any more storage space you won't be able to add any more files until you remove existing files or buy more storage. Be careful because this storage limit also counts for Gmail and Google Photos.

https://support.google.com/local-guides/answer/6345112?hl=en

View solution in original post

Level 10
Solution

After the 2 year period and expiration of the 1TB promo, all your files will remain in Google Drive. However if you don't have any more storage space you won't be able to add any more files until you remove existing files or buy more storage. Be careful because this storage limit also counts for Gmail and Google Photos.

https://support.google.com/local-guides/answer/6345112?hl=en

Level 10

Hi @MM

Your Google Drive storage limit is shared across Google Drive, Gmail, and Google Photos.

If you run out of space, you won't be able to store new things. For example:

Google Drive: You won't be able to sync or upload new files, and syncing between your Google Drive folder and My Drive will stop. You'll still be able to create Google documents because they don't take up any storage space.

Google Photos: You'll only be able to upload new photos and videos stored at High quality.

Gmail: Messages people send to you will be returned to them.

You can clear space or buy space.

You can use Google Takeout before clearing space on Drive:

https://takeout.google.com/settings/takeout

Regards,

Jacek

Google Diamond Product Expert - Maps, Business Profile, Earth, Gmail, Accounts | Street View Trusted Photographer | Local Guide | retired: Map Maker Help Forum Top Contributor & Poland RER/RL
Level 7
Level 7

I thank you for the answer.
I would like to ask you more information on this subject with an example .
Suppose that after two years I use a 0.9 Tera space in Google Drive .
I understand that if I do not buy new space , I will cannot store additional files , I will cannot receive additional email, i will cannot store more photos in Google Photos .
The space in Google Drive is frozen at 0.9 Tera .
Up here is that correct?
If I delete or move any files or directories from Google Drive and the space is reduced to 0.5 Tera, I will be always blocked because the space granted automatically will be reduced to 0.5 T , or I can use Google Drive until 0.9 T with new files new email and new photo on Google photo?
I hope I have explained the question clearly.
Thank you if you enlighten me .
Mario

Level 10

@MM It will remain blocked until you got below whatever level of Google Drive storage you have on your account. So if you only have the default 15GB plan they you will need to eliminate files down to below 15GB to restore full functionality to Gmail, Photos, and Drive.

Level 10

Hi @MM,

You'll be not able to create new files untill you decrease total amount of your storage to your available space.

Eg. if your buyed plan will be 100 GB and your storage will be 0,9 TB and you reduce your storage to 0,5 TB you'll be not able to add new files or receive new mails but 0,5 TB of your files will be stored at Google Drive.

Eg. if your free plan will be 15 GB and your storage will be 0,9 TB and you reduce your storage to 14 GB you'll be able to add new files or receive new mails untill you'll reach 15 GB.

Regards,

Jacek

Google Diamond Product Expert - Maps, Business Profile, Earth, Gmail, Accounts | Street View Trusted Photographer | Local Guide | retired: Map Maker Help Forum Top Contributor & Poland RER/RL
Level 8

@MM wrote:
Hello , I have uploaded a lot of photos , made ​​several reviews , loaded places , and I have accumulated a lot of points. (level 5)
I received 1 Tera homage to Google Drive for two years .
There is no reliable information on what happens after two years.
If after two years 1 Terabyte in Google Drive is fully used , the space will be  automatically reduced to a few GB with loss of files and folders ?
How will the operation if the files and folders ( 1 Tera ) will not be erased ?
Thanks if anyone can give me a definite answer .
Mario

I strongly support this quote, am having the same doubt. Waiting for a positive  reply.

Level 8

Hi @ZedTransforms,

Can you elaborate what kind of doubt you still have after reading the answer and follow up posts in this topic?

Level 8

Spoiler

@YK1001 wrote:

Hi @ZedTransforms,

Can you elaborate what kind of doubt you still have after reading the answer and follow up posts in this t

All level 4 guides will get free storage of 100 GB for two years,  I want to know what happen after two years,Now I have used around 20GB.

Level 8

Hi @ZedTransforms,

These is taken from the answer post:

>>

>>