TravellerG's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Re: Temples of India - Chennakesava Temple, Mysore - TravellerG

Hi dear @DeniGu,

In simple words, the deity was ROBED..!!! (few say, it was destroyed)

Belur & Halebeedu, exhibits exceptional (unbelievable) craftsmanship! Hope, God willingly, I shall do a post on those temples, as well.

Thanks for your response

Oh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform me

Google Moderator

This is so sad to hear, @TravellerG

Unfortunately, there have been many cases of cultural heritage being taken away or destroyed, all around the world. At least the good thing is that we continue to create amazing things today, which the generations after us will inherit. 

I'd love to see a post with photos from you about the other temples, too! I'm sure that it'd be just as interesting and amazing as this one. 🙂

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 6

@TravellerG  ...What more can I say except big wow!!! Amazing...  Thanks for sharing your Album and telling us about the details about those temples. It was like I am in history class while I was reading your article.   I wish I could see those temples in real . 

Level 10

So kind of you respond in detail; happy to know that the post was interesting to you.

By the by, you are most welcome - sometimes, the airfares go so cheap that you can  easily make a trip to India - welcome & all the best...

Oh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform me

Level 10

You have a very efficient inspiring style, which many among we LGs discuss about.! God bless you, dear @DeniGu .

"...Unfortunately, there have been many cases of cultural heritage being taken away or destroyed...", you are very true - Thanks. Some of these temples took centuries to complete - great grandfather to great grand son to finish few Artifact! - in modern days, we see most of these getting done in decades, at least.

Could you have a glance at this post, Nymans (London), when time permits, please - Here.

(hope, now, you will not ask me, whether I took those shots ?!)

Level 9

Level 10

Hope you remember, dear @IshantHP_ig that I have Kudoed and commented on this post - Good one.👍🙏

Level 10

Thank you dear @ReshamDas, for your inspiring words; God willingly, I shall be doing it as a series of couple of posts - Hope you all will like it.

Google Moderator

Thank you for your words, @TravellerG!

It's true that things today take less time to be completed, but thankfully that is because we have better technology. 🙂

I'm going to check your post about London now, thank you for sharing!

Sometimes we ask and check whether the photos Local Guides share adhere to our original content guidelines. We want to make sure that photographers and artists like yourself have their rights protected. 🙂 Thank you for your understanding!

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!