Anonymous's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Tearoom in Tokyo

Tearooms are beautiful places to unwind from a crazy day at work.   When most travelers  think of  teas places like Kyoto and Shizuoka come to minds as iconic for teas and kimono-clad sophisticates.   Tokyo is Rome, not Kyoto!   Located in the Ginza, a place well-known as an upscale district, is home to Kabuki and the rich.   I work in the Ginza and found a tearoom near my office about a 10 minute walk.   
premium senchapremium senchaIn the picture is a tea set.   The silver pitcher has hot water at around 90 Degrees C.  First you pour water into the empty bowl then turn the timer upside down for 1 minute.  In the tea bowl on the right has about 30 grams of premium sencha tea.  After one minute pour the hot water into the tea pot and move it around.   Then pour  into the drinking bowl down below.   Enjoy!    Other cultures and prefectures may have different methods for how they steep their teas, but the way I was shown was taught to me by the owner of this well-known Ginza tearoom called Jugetsu. 

Premium senchaPremium senchaWhen you are drinking tea it is nice to have a visual stimulation.  Rooftop tearoom with a nice garden that changes according to the season is a nice way to enjoy teatime. 

IMG_3670.jpegd

For lunch, I also ordered gourmet rice balls stuffed with seaweed, whitebait, and bamboo.  The brown tea is called Hojicha and is a roasted fermented brown tea that tastes amazing on a cold day.   Next to the tea is a hot seaweed soup with fish cakes.  Folded eggs; cookies, and pickles.  

IMG_3673-1.jpeg

#teas #tokyo #japan 

Jugetsudo Tea Shop & Cafe, 4 Chome-12-15 Ginza, Chūō, Tokyo, Japan
19 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: Tearoom in Tokyo

Hi @Anonymous, 

Thank you for sharing your post! It's very interesting to learn more about tea rooms. What your favorite tea? Mine is green tea. What is the name of this tea room?

Due to the volume of private messages Google moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@VasT  Thank you for your comment.    My favorite tea would be Gokuryo [ Go-ku- RO ]  because it's a little more bitter than standard teas.   Jugetsudo is the name of the tearoom.   Have you been to Tokyo, and have you experienced Japanese tea before?

Former Google Contributor

Hi @Anonymous thank you for your reply,

I have never been to Tokyo, how about you @DeniGu? Have you visited a tea room while in Tokyo? Which is your favorite tea?

I have participated in a traditional Japanese tea ceremony though not in Japan. I was impressed by the movements not so much by the taste of tea.

Due to the volume of private messages Google moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Google Moderator

Hi @Anonymous,

Wow, what a nice narrative! I learned quite a bit about the preparation of tea, thank you.

Just like you mentioned, and just like @VasT said, I also associate Japanese tea mostly with the solemn tea ceremonies, led by ladies in rich kimonos. I agree that it's important to have a person of knowledge to show you how to make and enjoy tea on your own.

Even though I've been to Tokyo and Ginza a few times, I mostly explored the food scene there. Thankfully, some restaurants also boast a peaceful little garden!

To be honest, I like fruit and herbal tea the most, @VasT. Especially hand-picked and home-dried herbs! But sometimes I'm more interested in the little treats that come with the tea, like cookies, scones, and cakes, than the tea itself. 😉

What do you like having your tea with, @Anonymous and @VasT?

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Connect Moderator

Hi, @Anonymous

It looks so good and tasty:-) You may know the Japanese tea culture more than me. Someday please tell me your favorite tearooms in Tokyo;-)
By the way, is the shop here?

寿月堂 銀座歌舞伎座店

Level 8

Hi @Anonymous, 

Greetings from the Bangladesh Local Guide!

Happy New Year 2019!

Thanks for sharing the Tearoom in Tokyo with us. 

Welcome to Bangladesh!

#LetsGuide

#LocalGuides | #LetsGuide | #Bangladesh |#BangladeshLocalGuides | #SoundOfBeautifulBangladesh
Anonymous
Not applicable

@DeniGu I love having my tea with traditional Japanese sweets like red bean sugar cookies @VasT I want to learn more about Japanese teas, so I feel lucky to be here in Japan.   Fruit and herbal teas are good, too.  I like nettle tea for its health benefits.    I am also a coffee lover.   

Anonymous
Not applicable

@HiroyukiTakisawa  I am just a beginner at teas, no worries you are still the master of Japanese tea.  There are too many tea rooms in Japan that I love, especially in Kamakura.  And, yes, this is the tea room.   Thank you for your comments.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MdAtikuzzamanLimon  Thank you for your kind message and  thank you for welcoming me to Bangladesh. 🙂