kmajewski's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Google Contributor

Take a look at some of the most popular views on the map

From breathtaking canyons and unfathomably beautiful beaches to wonders made by both Mother Nature and man, there’s no shortage of spectacular things to look at on this gorgeous planet. Google Earth gives you the power to search the globe from your screen, and each month we feature Local Guide reviews and photos on Google Earth Voyager to help other digital explorers find the best spots.

This month, we took a look at some of the views around the globe that Local Guides love. Below, get a peek at a few of the vistas and lookouts Local Guides reviewed the most by the end of 2018. Then, head over to Google Earth Voyager to see the full list.

Mather Point (Grand Canyon Village, Arizona)

A starting point for many tourists visiting the Grand Canyon, Mather Point, which is situated on the South Rim, offers great views of the canyon below and the North Rim, particularly during sunrise and sunset.

Caption: A photo of Mather Point in the Grand Canyon in Arizona, showing people on a viewing platform on top of a high cliff surrounded by a fence and the canyon below. (Local Guide Tim Kelly)Caption: A photo of Mather Point in the Grand Canyon in Arizona, showing people on a viewing platform on top of a high cliff surrounded by a fence and the canyon below. (Local Guide Tim Kelly)

Local Guides say...

“It has been really great to see one of the natural wonders of the world. This overlook offers a great view, especially for Sunrise. Though it was cold it appeared a crowd for a very early morning. Of course, the beautiful shine and changing color of the sky and the reflection of the light on the rocks justifies the crowd. The rim trail offers [a] further view at different places. Enjoyed the thrill of climbing down up to lower tunnel though many were pursuing further down.” -Local Guide Kasiraman R

Mirador del Valle (Toledo, Spain)

The best view of Toledo lies across the Tagus River at this overlook. You'll get stunning panoramic views of the city from this vantage point, which can be accessed by a nice walk or tram.

Caption: A photo of the view from Mirador del Valle, a scenic overlook that provides amazing views of the city of Toledo and the Tagus River. The photo shows the low stone buildings and houses that make up the city’s skyline. (Local Guide Joel Miyashiro)Caption: A photo of the view from Mirador del Valle, a scenic overlook that provides amazing views of the city of Toledo and the Tagus River. The photo shows the low stone buildings and houses that make up the city’s skyline. (Local Guide Joel Miyashiro)

Local Guides say...

“Best place to get a view of historic Toledo. From this distance, you can see the rise and fall of the city along with the winding river that encompasses three of its sides...” -Local Guide Adam B.

Elephant Seal Vista Point (San Luis Obispo County, California)

In late fall and winter, huge groups of elephant seals arrive on San Simeon State Beach to mate. Watch the enormous males fight for affection and, later in the season, the birth of new pups, all from the long stretch of boardwalk along the beach.

Caption: A photo of dozens of seals laying on the beach at Elephant Seal Vista Point, showing beach grass in the foreground and the ocean in the background. (Local Guide Jeff Ramirez)Caption: A photo of dozens of seals laying on the beach at Elephant Seal Vista Point, showing beach grass in the foreground and the ocean in the background. (Local Guide Jeff Ramirez)

Local Guides say…

“Such an amazing natural spectacle. If you love nature and seeing wildlife in their natural habitat be sure to stop here while driving along the Pacific Coast Highway. It’s an amazing place to see the elephant seals. There are loads of them lazing around on the beach, playing, swimming and fighting. I loved them.” -Local Guide paddy pilkington

See the full list here. What’s your favorite place with a beautiful view? Tell us in the comments below!

15 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: Take a look at some of the most popular views on the map

Hi @kmajewski,

These places are with magical views! Thank you for sharing this interesting post with us!

I saw the full list on the map and it's amazing how many beautiful places we have on our planet! 

I will share with you my favorite place with the best view for me. It's situated in Bulgaria and it's called Vacha Reservoir. The view there is amazing because of the mountains that are surrounding the reservoir. They are so beautiful because of the green nature. I love also this place because if you want to go on the other side you should take a boot and there is only one hotel in this area. This way the nature is protected.

Caption: A photo of Vacha Reservoir in Bulgaria (Local Guide @PoliMC)Caption: A photo of Vacha Reservoir in Bulgaria (Local Guide @PoliMC)

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Google Moderator

Thanks @kmajewski for sharing these views. I am sure that there are thousands more which deserve to be seen.

My favourite view so far is at Mirador del Río in Lanzarote. It is spectacular! You can see La Graciosa island from a very high level. I felt like I could shout I am queen of the world. 🙂

Caption: A photo taken at Mirador Del Rio, Lanzarote, Canary Islands, Spain (Local Guide @MoniDi)Caption: A photo taken at Mirador Del Rio, Lanzarote, Canary Islands, Spain (Local Guide @MoniDi)

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 9

@kmajewski I like the gazers, especially those offered by nature. In my list of places to visit, there is the Parque Nacional del Chicamocha, Santander - Colombia, because is a canyon with a lot of activities to do, both for adults and kids.

Beatriz Aguilar | bandera-de-venezuela-imagen-animada-0001| Instagram
Connect Moderator

@kmajewski Just amazing views by our fellows. Some best of best shots from Local Guides contributions. Really inspiring for us...

Keep exploring!

Happy Guiding!

Level 1

Hi @kmajewski,

The Grand Canyon is fascinating ... With a certain sun illumination, everything is lit in red and it seems that you are somewhere on Mars.

Level 6

Beautiful view, wish i could go there 🙂

www.iidyanie.com
Level 10

Hi @kmajewski

Great photos with amazing view! 

Bryce Canyon at Sunset Point - photo by davidhynoBryce Canyon at Sunset Point - photo by davidhyno

This is one of my favorites :  The Bryce Canyon that I took last October! 

Bye,

David

Level 9

Wonderful photos @kmajewski

Thank you for sharing with us.

Connect Moderator

@kmajewski another wonderful post highlighting the beauty of the earth. Photography is an amazing thing. Wow.