Eire27's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

THE ALL BLACKS ARE IN TOWN

IRELAND  V. NEW ZEALANDIRELAND V. NEW ZEALAND

The New Zealand, All Blacks are in town, and will play Ireland tomorrow evening in Dublin's Aviva Stadium. The top 2 ranked teams in the World will meet for this much anticipated Autumn International Rugby Game. There is nothing quite like the sight of the All Blacks doing the HAKKA. No pressure  Ireland!!!

Dublin, Ireland
6 comments
Level 8

Re: THE ALL BLACKS ARE IN TOWN

Hi @davidhyno .No I  couldn't get tickets, my brothers are going to it,  its on at 7pm ( 8pm rest of Europe) Our clocks go back one hour in October.. Ireland beat the All Blacks 2 years after over 120 years of not beating them 😀 .Anyway I will watch it on television, maybe in a pub ☺

Former Google Contributor

Hey @Eire27

I need to ask you something regarding Sport's venues in Dublin. Is Croke Park usually only used for Gaelic Football and Aviva Stadium instead for Football and Rugby? 

Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 8

Yes  @Sorbe.  At the Aviva International Soccer football games and Rugby games are played. At Croke Park only Gaelic Football is played, no other sport here only our Gaelic football, and also our Gaelic game of Hurling, this is due to historical reasons, but there is nothing like the atmosphere of an All Ireland Final in Croke Park especially if your team has got to the final out of 32 counties. The Republic Ireland has 26 counties and Northern Ireland has 6 counties but in Gaelic football we are a united country with no borders ( #Brexit) My County Dublin are currently All Ireland Champions. Both the Aviva and Croke Park. are Concert venues when no games on. In Croke Park,  such acts as, Beyonce, One Direction, Ed Sheeran, Cold Play, Taylor Swift, Bruce Springstien and our own U2 have played and in The Aviva, such acts as, Rhiana, Lady Gaga and Robbie Williams have played. 

Former Google Contributor

Hey @Eire27

I completely forgot about Hurling, and I in my visit to Croke Park I have also tried to play it ( with really bad results).Pretending to be a professional Hurling player back in the days.Pretending to be a professional Hurling player back in the days.

Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 8

Ah great, and great photo @Sorbe I only noticed this today, sorry. Thanks 😁