AakashK's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Google Moderator

Re: T-Shirt

Hello @Jayalakshmi_Rao_S,

Please note that Local Guides t-shirts were given to Level 4+ Local Guides who reached Level 4+ by a certain date in 2015 and they lived in markets where it was possible to ship. That was a one time thank you gift.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 8

Hi 

@Ivi_Ge

Now I reached Level 7 as Local Guide hope I am supposed to get one. When all Bangladesh Local Guides got T-Shirt Why  Local Guides from India did not get the T-shirt please explain. Do you expect us to beg for T-shirt. Why do you introduce dress code for Local Guides. Last VIP LG Session with Google Maps Team Meet Up i didn't see any one using LG T-shirt. I attended Two Great Events of Local Guides .why do you neglect Indian Local Guides. Hope to send T-shirt of Local Guides as early as possible. 

Just see Local Guides with out T-shirt attending VIP LG session with Google Maps Team 

Hope to send it as early as possible or please give us the link I will do the needful with Google CEO. Regarding This matter. 

https://photos.app.goo.gl/oDE9B6e8eR6aZTaf6

Thanks .

@Jayalakshmi_Rao_S

Local Guide 

Level 7

Level 8

Hi 

@Ivi_Ge

Now I reached Level 7 as Local Guide hope I am supposed to get one. When all Bangladesh Local Guides got T-Shirt Why  Local Guides from India did not get the T-shirt please explain. Do you expect us to beg for T-shirt. Why do you introduce dress code for Local Guides. Last VIP LG Session Meet Up i didn't see any one using LG T-shirt. I attended Two Great Events of Local Guides .why do you neglect Indian Local Guides. Hope to send T-shirt of Local Guides as early as possible. 

Just see Local Guides with out T-shirt attending VIP LG session with Google Maps Team 

Hope to send it as early as possible or please give us the link I will do the needful with Google CEO. Regarding This matter. 

https://photos.app.goo.gl/oDE9B6e8eR6aZTaf6

Thanks .

@Jayalakshmi_Rao_S

Local Guide 

Level 7

Level 8

Local guide tshirt for level 4+ india

Local guide t shirt for level 4+ I can't receive the shirts to express be local guide. Kindly share the link for process or purchase tshirt.

Connect Moderator

Re: Local guide tshirt for level 4+ india

Hi @MOHANASUNDARAML Local Guides apparel has been available from https://www.googlemerchandisestore.com/ in the past but I'm not aware of any currently.

Paul

Connect Moderator

Hi @MOHANASUNDARAML 

As a fellow Local Guide, I understand and share your wish for some form of a uniform or appreciation of our work to improve Google Maps.

But, I also think it is very unlikely that Google will provide us with T-shirts. I think the main reason would be that such T-shirts can very easily be misused to prove we represent Google while out and about being Local Guides. If business owners incorrectly believe we are from Google, they might want to bribe us or give us preferential treatment. This will undermine the credibility of Local Guides, the validity of our reviews, and Google in the long run. We are not employees of Google. 

You can show your Google Maps profile on your phone should you wish to explain who you are and show examples of your Maps contributions. 

All the best

Morten

Connect Moderator

@MOHANASUNDARAML 

Local Guides shirts were a one time thank you gift in 2015 and also a gift to the unofficial community moderators in 2017 when Google closed support for unofficial communities. For more information please check this post

Additionally, a Local Guides Cap was on sale for Connect Live 2019. Special Local Guides t-shirt were made for the Official Local Guides event like Connect Live.

While Google merchandise is available on the Google store (see the link shared by @PaulPavlinovich ), there are no "Local Guides" products on sale.

This is in any case not related to your Local Guide Level

Former Google Contributor

Hey @MOHANASUNDARAML,

Thanks for reaching out to us!

I will merge your post to the ongoing discussion, mentioned by @ErmesT to keep the forum organized. 

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!