AakashK's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 5

My Local Guides T-shirt

May I know when I am able to get a local guide t shirt?

Connect Moderator

Re: My Local Guides T-shirt

Hi @Sreerajms, what you might have heard/read about t-shirts is probably outdated. Local guides do not automatically get at t-shirt when reaching some or other level.

Check out LetsGuide Podcast | #LGCTM | Please always @Mention me so I see your reply
Level 7

Local guides T-shirt

Is there already a community T-shirt for google maps? I live in South Africa and want to add photos of the inside of all businesses I visit. The problem being that owners are sceptical, the only way that I know to show that I am part of the google maps community and not a big scam is if there were a T-shirt program. Please let me know if you have a better suggestion. 

Level 10

Re: Local guides T-shirt

Even if you have LG T-shirt to wear when you are taking photos as a LG, the best solution is that you should ask for manager's permission before doing everything with your mind. That will help you out every situations and show you how polite you are.

LG Summit Attendee in 2016 ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️ Regional Lead before 2017
Level 7

That is the problem I'm facing. If I ask permission to take photos they want me to identity that I am really a Local Guide and the best way that I know of is a T-shirt. Like any other business if you have a company T-shirt then the business owners wouldn't even think twice to say yes. It is advertising for them so if I have something to identify myself by then I also help the community and the business.

Level 10

I agree with you about your opinions, if you want the T-shirt from Google, you must be very active in some ways, then maybe Google will give you a gift for that. 

Another way is that you will buy a service  to print "Local Guides" to any your T-shirt. Hope that is more possible and faster.

LG Summit Attendee in 2016 ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️ Regional Lead before 2017
Level 8

Yes @ThanhLan This is right solution suggested by you.

Regards,

Mahesh Bajaj

Connect Moderator

Hi @Compu24@Maheshbajaj@ThanhLan

As per this post, in which I am merging yours "Local Guides t-shirts were given to Level 4+ Local Guides who reached Level 4+ by a certain date in 2015 and they lived in markets where it was possible to ship. That was a one time thank you gift."

Let say that there is no way that a T-shirt can show that you really are a Local Guides. I have a Google hat, that I bought in Google store last year, but it doesn't mean that I am not working for Google. If you need to show that you are a Local Guide, your Local Guide profile in the app is the best way to show this, together with your contribution list

Ermes

Level 8

Re: T-Shirt

So dumb question. Can we create our own shirt? In other words, if google won't provide the shirts, could we make our own?  We'd have to make sure we don't violate any kind of copyright stuff. Let me know. I'd love to make a shirt as that will help me get into businesses that don't believe I am a local guide.

Level 6

Re: T-Shirt

I'm at Level 6! Can I buy one if so can I have the website? ?