cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Re: Local Guides T-shirts

Hi again @DenverProphitJr

@DenverProphitJr wrote:

Individuals within a company can be a local guide. Slide 56 of Local Guides Educational Presentation. We can show them freely how to claim their listing in the https://www.gybo.com/partners program. Freemiums! It's a good step to Partner Agency Program. IMHO While Local Guides is a consumer facing program, gas isn't free unless I'm going to get a gas allowance from Google? =P

I'm just now starting training and certification into the partner program. There has to be something in the middle. If I say I can build your website, provide consulting services and optimize your online presence for xyz and here is a volunteer program I'm in to show how passionate I am about getting my city on the map... I can pay my light bill and get some gasoline to travel farther and extend my abilities to local guides. IMHO I hope someone in google reads this.

Believe me, i can understand your thoughts. Really!

I'm a computer science engineer, an Adwords partner, a SVT photographer, a Trusted Verifier... AND a Local Guide.

As a Local Guide i promote meetups, i spend a lot of money, just to be present, to organize to print out (as many other LG do); in the last three months i traveled around 2.000 Km just for Local Guides activity, and i will never ask for some refund from Google for this.

It's just Local Guide activity! And i never go to a place just for local guide activities, that i perform during my normal life.

By the way, today, i was working for a photoshoot, in a dress shop, with models.

While i was shooting, i had the time to update the business details (opening hours, address) and added some photos.

I do not asked anything for this to the business owner (who is not the customer of the shooting), but, eventually, next week i will visit for upselling some SVT services.

These are my thoughts, and that's why i think that money topic and Local Guide activity must be kept away each other.

Best regards 😉

Level 8

Local Guides t-shirts

download.jpg

Has anyone any idea of how I can get one of the local guides t-shirts?

Connect Moderator

Re: Local Guides t-shirts

@InnocentUG from what I know, they are usually distributed during official Local Guides events held by Google. That's how I got mine, at least 🙂

Miami, FL | My Profile | #LGMiami | #TeamPixel | #ShopSmall
Level 10

Local Guides T-Shirts were a perk for LVL4 LG in 2015, and were distributed in some special events too.

You can buy some Google merchandise from the official store: https://shop.googlemerchandisestore.com/

Level 8

Hi @InnocentUG Please check all the threads about the shirts here. Also keep in mind using Local Guides logos or Google logos is against their policies because they are copyrighted. The only way to get yours is having Google to provide you with one.

Luis Hernández - Querétaro, México. Queretaro Local Guides
Connect Moderator

@LucioV wrote:

Local Guides T-Shirts were a perk for LVL4 LG in 2015, and were distributed in some special events too.

You can buy some Google merchandise from the official store: https://shop.googlemerchandisestore.com/

Love this site, @LucioV. They used to have a really nice Gray Local Guides shirt and I was able to grab one before they sold out. 

Miami, FL | My Profile | #LGMiami | #TeamPixel | #ShopSmall
Former Google Contributor

Re: How can I Get Local Guides Card & T-Shirt ?

Hi @YASMalik, yes you can design and print your own unofficial Local Guides t-shirts and other items like pins, stickers, etc. and share it among your community. A couple of communities have designed their own unofficial items: TorontoMymensingh, Bangladesh, Slovakia and Comilla are just a few. We only ask of you not to use the Local Guides logo, pin, or any other Google imagery in any of your online or offline materials. The Local Guides logo is a Google brand identity and is reserved for official use only.

New to Connect? Check out Help Desk! Always keep in mind the Local Guides program rules when posting.

Level 1

I'd be down for T-shirt if more get made. I'd be happy to pay for it. Can someone local have these made or does Google need to be involved?

Level 1

If anyone has a hook up for creating shirts similar to this, let us know! When we do have meetups, we will all match and perhaps get more people involved!

Level 7

OMG. Do you ever heard about intelectual properties? 🙂