T-Shirt

How can i get the the tshirt of local guides from google
Ghaziabad, Uttar Pradesh, India
917 comments

Accepted Solutions
Googler
Solution

Re: T-Shirt

Local Guides t-shirts were given to Level 4+ Local Guides who reached Level 4+ by a certain date in 2015 and they lived in markets where it was possible to ship. That was a one time thank you gift.

As for the other kinds of shirt: Local Guides team members also have Local Guides t-shirts but those were created by us and for Googlers. Some Local Guides in the United States were also able to buy t-shirts from the Google Merchandise store as they were available, but no Local Guides items are currently available for purchase. There are no publicly-available t-shirts being given to Local Guides but hopefully they return to the global Google Merchandise store in the future. 🙂 

I recommend reading this post which highlights some best practices for posting in the community since some questions may already be answered and it will save you some time. Thanks!

Note: Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!.

View solution in original post

Level 10

T-shirt or id

Does anybody knows where can I get T-shirt of "Local guide"? Or some kind of "Local Guide Goole ID"?

It would be much easier to make pics let's say in malls. Less questions from store owners.

Let's mark all the Earth 🙂
Level 5

Re: T-shirt or id

I'm not sure about a ID, that may tend to give the impression or be used to give the impression that guides work for Google in some official capacity and Google would probably not want to encourage that.

A T-Shirt would be cool though, maybe linked to a certain level. I'd be willing to buy the shirt if it was available.

Former Google Contributor

Re: T-shirt or id

@nikitabasenko Thanks for the feedback. While it is great to wear a Tshirt to indicate that you are a Local Guide, it may give the false impression that you are representing Google. By having a conversation with the store owners, it might be a pretty good way of educating users about the Local Guides program!

Level 8

Local Guides T-shirts

Actually I'm still confused about the Local Guides T-shirts.

1. Is it for everyone or just officials

2. Is it given by Google or users have buy by themselves?

3. And how can I get one for myself?

Sovon Biswas • Level 8 • Community Moderator • Love to- Travel, Photography, Mapping • Google Fan
Connect Moderator

Re: Local Guides T-shirts

They used to sell the gray Local Guides t-shirt from the online and onsite Google merchandise store, but I recently checked and it's no longer there 😞

The blue ones were given out as a special perk for all* Local Guides that reached level 4 before early December last year (forgot the exact date)

*Where applicable. Google wasn't able to send the t-shirts to some countries.

Googler

Local Guides t-shirts were given to Level 4+ Local Guides who reached Level 4+ by a certain date in 2015 and they lived in markets where it was possible to ship. That was a one time thank you gift.

As for the other kinds of shirt: Local Guides team members also have Local Guides t-shirts but those were created by us and for Googlers. Some Local Guides in the United States were also able to buy t-shirts from the Google Merchandise store as they were available, but no Local Guides items are currently available for purchase. There are no publicly-available t-shirts being given to Local Guides but hopefully they return to the global Google Merchandise store in the future. 🙂 

Note: Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!.
Level 8

I'm in one of those unlucky countries (Egypt) and attached is the email I got from Local Guides regarding the annual gift 

Marwan Al-Tawansy --> Local Guide Lvl 8, Trusted Street View Photographer #EgyptLocalGuides (Moderator)
Level 8

How can I Get Local Guides Card & T-Shirt ?

I am in Level 4 and I Dont have Local Guide card and T-Shirt?

Manohar Lal Kumawat
Level 8

Re: How can I Get Local Guides Card & T-Shirt ?

Yes, I want to know too even I am now Level 5(as it only take me a week from Level 4 to 5).

Joseph Zhan