Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

Surviving the Bermuda Triangle

Surviving the Bermuda Triangle

Konrad-Adenauer-Platz

Konrad-Adenauer-Platz, 44787 Bochum, Germany

December 12, 2018 @ 19:00 (CET)

The city of Bochum, in the Ruhr-area, has a Bermuda Triangle of its own: the so-called 'Bermuda 3 Eck'. Let's dive into it on Wednesday December 12th (7 PM) to explore the area and see if we manage to escape - and in the process unravel some of the local mysteries (meaning: check if some places are missing on the map or existing places have missing info).

Should the weather not be all that great: there are plenty of bars in the area and around this time of year, Christmas markets are never far away in German city centers. Meeting place is the Konrad-Adenauer-Platz, where you can't miss the building with 'BERMUDA3ECK' written on top of it (which is also a parking area).

RSVP here

Check out LetsGuide Podcast | #LGCTM | Please always @Mention me so I see your reply
Konrad-Adenauer-Platz, 44787 Bochum, Germany
12 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: Surviving the Bermuda Triangle

Hi @JanVanHaver,

Thank you for the meet-up, very good idea.

I wish you a good weather, and please don`t forget to share the recap after.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Google Moderator Thank you!

Connect Moderator

Fantastic @JanVanHaver !!!

hope you enjoy the Meetup and a lot of people will join !

https://goo.gl/maps/6ascMbAtC6r
Level 8

Very good idea,

@JanVanHaver !!

Unfortunaly i live in Marburg and for one evening there's not enough time - i have to work wednesday and thursday again!

Wish you a great meet-up!

💛

Best greetings,

Jacky

Connect Moderator

@TorM The first sign-ups are already in 🙂

Check out LetsGuide Podcast | #LGCTM | Please always @Mention me so I see your reply
Connect Moderator

The venue looks great @JanVanHaver !! I hope you'll get a good number of folks joining in to explore the area, fill in the missing info on maps but most importantly, just making new friends and having a great time! All the best!

#EuroMeetup2024 - Join us in Manchester, UK from June 6th to 9th 2024
      Go Loco Guides - The unofficial YouTube channel for Local Guides! Check us out and subscribe
      Connect Writing Challenge - Simple strategies to write engaging posts on Connect
      How to Write Reviews - Easy to remember tips on writing structured reviews
Connect Moderator

Thx @AdrianLunsong. And by exchanging these comments to the post, we are also illustrating another way to promote it: making it pop up on the LGC home screen again 😂

(I found out recently that the 4 items previewed for each topic on the homepage are now sorted on date of last comment, so adding a comment makes it more visible again)

Connect Moderator

@JacquelineB Then we should set up a next one in Olpe or so - looking at the map that is about half way between Bochum and Marburg 🙂

Former Google Contributor

Hey @JanVanHaver,

This sounds like an awesome meet-up, so thanks for planning this!

Wishing you a successful day and looking forward to your recap. 😊

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Connect Moderator

No problem, @AlexaAC, the recap will be made, although perhaps only a few days later. And as I am in direct touch with some other LGs who will certainly participate, it is also sure it will not be only me 😀