IMG_E2889 (3).JPG

Eduardo Clemente Alves
Punta Arenas, Pavones, Costa Rica
13 comments
Google Moderator

Re: Surf magic moment at Costa Rica

Hello @duclemente ,

Welcome to Connect!

What a great share, I love the photo! I am curious to hear more about the story behind it, and please tell us the device that you used to capture it. Adding some information to your post can drive more interaction and can be appreciated even more by other Local Guides.

Posts with more content and good photos have a good chance of being featured or chosen for a Friday Favourite post. You can check out these 14 helpful tips for using Connect.

Check the article New to the community for more information about the Local Guides program.

And last but not least, feel free to Introduce Yourself in our monthly topic.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Former Google Contributor

Hi @duclemente,

Wow, what an awesome photo! Thanks for sharing it with us. I love the colors and the unique way you've captured this image. This photo also really reminds me of surfing in Jeffreys Bay, back home.

How often do you get to snap pics and surf? 😊

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 9

Nice shot, i like you photo @duclemente 

Thank you for sharing with us.

Hey @duclemente,

Great photo, thank you for sharing it with us.

You've been using an interesting technique. Would you, please tell us a bit more about it?

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 7

Hello @AlexaAC, thank you.

When I go surfing I reserve 30 minutes just to take pictures and videos. I do not feel very safe surfing with a GoPro near my face, especially when the waves get bigger. Even if I wanted to use more I could not because my Gopro3 Battery is too old...lol.

Eduardo Clemente Alves
Level 7

Thanks @MashaPS @AbdullahAM @MoniDi

The story behind this photo was my commemoration trip of 40 years old, I planned to go to Costa Rica to 40 days of surfing, it was incredible. In the end were 44 days of much surfing, and awesome adventures, crocodiles, waterfalls, a lot of new friends and tubular waves. Costa Rica is an amazing country, abolished the army in 1948, there is a beautiful culture of peace. The most used word  is PURA VIDA wich serves for everthing, good mornig, good evening or just to be friendly.

I still using GoPro3, just like a hero, lol.

Eduardo Clemente Alves
Level 7

@@  

Hi @duclemente 

So nice and  very professional photography.   Thanks for sharing. 

Will wait for your next one @duclemente @

Md Zahidul Islam Opal

Sounds good @duclemente!

Totally understand, thanks for sharing! Looking forward to see more of your photos. 🙂

Google Moderator

Hey @duclemente ,

Thank you for adding this interesting story. Costa Rica is on my wish list for exotic places to visit. I hope one day I could go and see this amazing country. Just out of curiosity have you tried sand surfing before? 

My favourite thing about travelling is experiencing something new which I don't usually do every day. And the second thing would be meeting new people who eventually end up being my friends.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!