JuanCh's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Googler

Support for moderators outside of Connect will no longer be available

We’d like to thank the many Local Guides who have been unofficial moderators outside of Connect over the last year. You’ve offered incredible community support for awesome groups and pages across Google+, Facebook, and beyond.

In our effort to continue to bring people together from around the world on Connect, we will be announcing improvements to the forum over the next few months. Unfortunately, that also means that we will no longer be able to support moderation efforts on other channels and platforms.

With that in mind, a few things are coming to an end:

• Monthly hangouts for moderators outside of Connect
  • Maintenance of this dedicated Connect board by the Local Guides team
  • Applications for support for new communities

As a token of thanks for your dedication, we’ll also send you an email link for a limited edition t-shirt. So keep an eye out for it.

We have a vision for Connect. We see its potential as a global hub for Local Guides, and we hope you will continue to share your experiences and feedback on this forum as it welcomes new members who will value your expertise.

FAQs

What will happen with my unofficial Local Guides community page or group?

This change does not affect it. You are welcome to maintain it without support. But we also would love to see you continue to be an active member on Connect!

Will you remove my Moderator badge and profile picture template?

Yes, we will remove your Moderator badge from Connect and we encourage you to stop using the unofficial moderator profile template as we want to avoid confusion for new members of Connect. We’ve also unpublished all these templates/resources.

Will the unofficial moderator board on Connect still be available?

We will keep this board open through the end of the year.

Can you add my group to your My Map?

No, we will not make additions to the My Map and will not add new members to this board.

Will you review pending community support applications?

No, we won’t review pending applications and won’t accept new ones.

I completed the form to receive a t-shirt, when will it arrive?

If you completed the form, please expect your limited edition Local Guides t-shirt to be shipped within the next 4-5 weeks. As global shipping takes time, it may take up to two months after shipment to receive your shirt.

[SPANISH VERSION]

Nos gustaría dar las gracias a los muchos Local Guides que han sido moderadores no oficiales fuera de Connect durante el año pasado. Han ofrecido una increíble asistencia a la comunidad en increíbles grupos y páginas en Google+, Facebook y más.

En nuestro esfuerzo por continuar reuniendo a personas de todo el mundo en Connect, anunciaremos mejoras en el foro en los próximos meses. Desafortunadamente, eso también significa que ya no podremos apoyar los esfuerzos de moderación en otros canales y plataformas.

Con eso en mente, algunas cosas están llegando a su fin:

• Hangouts mensuales para moderadores fuera de Connect
  • Mantenimiento de este tablón exclusivo de Connect por parte del equipo Local Guides
  • Solicitudes de aplicación para nuevas comunidades

Como muestra de agradecimiento por su dedicación, también les enviaremos un enlace por correo electrónico para una camiseta de edición limitada de Local Guides. Así que estate atento.

Tenemos una visión para Connect. Vemos su potencial como un centro global para Local Guides y esperamos que continúen compartiendo sus experiencias y comentarios en este foro, ya que los nuevos miembros valorarán su experiencia.

Preguntas frecuentes

¿Qué sucederá con mi página o grupo comunitario no oficial de Local Guides?

Este cambio no lo afecta. Puede mantenerlo sin soporte. ¡Pero también nos encantaría que sigas siendo un miembro activo de Connect!

¿Van a eliminar mi insignia de moderador y mi plantilla de imagen de perfil?

Sí, eliminaremos la insignia de moderador de Connect y le recomendamos que deje de usar la plantilla de perfil de moderador no oficial, ya que queremos evitar confusiones para con los nuevos miembros de Connect.

¿El tablón no oficial de Connect aún estará disponible?

Mantendremos este tablón abierto hasta el final del año.

¿Puedes agregar mi grupo a tu My Map?

No, no haremos adiciones a My Map y no agregaremos nuevos miembros a este foro.

¿Revisarán las aplicaciones pendientes de soporte de comunidades?

No, no revisaremos las solicitudes pendientes y no aceptaremos nuevas.

Completé el formulario para recibir una camiseta, ¿cuándo llegará?

Si has completado el formulario, tu camiseta de edición limitada de Local Guides se enviará en las próximas 4-5 semanas. Como el envío global lleva tiempo, puede tomar hasta dos meses para recibir la camiseta después de completado el formulario.

88 comments

Accepted Solutions
Googler
Solution

Re: Support for moderators outside of Connect will no longer be available

(can't tag more than 10 users, but this a reply to all)

Thanks so much for your feedback! I encourage you to share feedback related to Connect that would help us improve your experience on the Feedback & Feature Requests board as we are constantly looking for ways to improve how you connect and interact with other fellow Local Guides.

I saw that a few of you mentioned that they'd like to keep the badge but unfortunately we have decided not to keep them as it might be confusing for new members of the community. We really appreciate your efforts and as I previously said, we will be announcing some improvements to Connect so stay tuned 😉

Thanks so much for understanding!

View solution in original post

Level 10

Oh no @JuanCh this is a so sad news! But was expected, and I suppose #lgsummit17 attendees already knew!

I hope that Connect will become a more friendly and useful place, with many many new Googlers and Connect Moderators to keep care of boards and users.

Thanks a lot for supporting Communities until today!

Sincerely,

Lucio

Connect Moderator

@JuanCh Its really a sad news !!! But we must  have to accept this decision!!! 

With this Unofficial community banner we invited a lots of new Local guides and we also encouraged them for regular in connect..

Otherwise, Hope everything will happen good with all .......

Happy Guiding !!!

Level 10

Oh, no. This is not fairly 😢 As I see from closure of MM up to now, Google wants to make the situations that there be no difference between users but this is not good to count old users efforts and their Maps knowledge as newbies. Experience shows that when there is no support for expert users, new users can cause harms to the map and spammers have better chance to destroy the map. Although this is not good news, we should adapt ourselves with it. I'm so confused about Google's decision about the program. Is this decision due to some feedback or Googlers take this themeselves?!!

Amir | Join us on IranLocalGuides
Connect Moderator

@Amiran wrote:

Oh, no. This is not fairly 😢 As I see from closure of MM up to now, Google wants to make the situations that there be no difference between users but this is not good to count old users efforts and their Maps knowledge as newbies. Experience shows that when there is no support for expert users, new users can cause harms to the map and spammers have better chance to destroy the map. Although this is not good news, we should adapt ourselves with it. I'm so confused about Google's decision about the program. Is this decision due to some feedback or Googlers take this themeselves?!!

@Amiran You said well But what if we have no any access and its seems we are neglected. after all our Moderators badge will also be remove from connect which is not well..

Connect Moderator

I understand that the team has been decided it as a final. I will receive it and wait for the link on my email of that limited t-shirt 🙂 

of course, I will keep on my eye on this Connect. :))

Indonesia Local Guides
Level 7

@JuanCh gracias Juan por el comunicado. Estamos al pendiente en connect y en la espera del Link. 

Level 10

I was surprised! What a sad news. But change always happens. Let's take it and let us move to a better direction in the new environment.

By the way, I feel regrettable that We lose the communication channel with brilliant moderators and Googlers who we met through "unofficial moderator board".  So how about creating "unofficial moderator community" on G+? (Participation is optional. Of course, participation of Googler as a general person is also welcome.)

backy0175 from Kyoto, Japan
Level 8

Was expecting somethjng similar but hoped that the supported communities would get a new home inside LGConnect. 

Sad that I will loose support to my G+ community with about 1000 members. Glad to know that I can still continue to maintain it. We do most of our Meetup planing over G+ and WhatsApp community 

looking forward to better Connect N Maps 

Level 8

Not so good news for us, but change is live. 

Community moderator: Slovak Local Guides