Kwiksatik's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

Submitting for Meet-ups, but not approval or denial

I have submitted for meetups several times, and they never seem to go through. I do get a message on the submission page itself telling me I will hear when my meetup is approved or denied, but no messages come. Can someone help me understand what my error is? My best guess was that I have an extension in my browser preventing the page from working properly, but I have tried clearing all extensions and it still does not work.

11 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Submitting for Meet-ups, but not approval or denial

@Kwiksatik I experienced similar situations but what I normally do is to cancel and resubmit the meetup with some additional information. 

Connect Moderator

@EmekaUlor what kind of additional information? I filled out every section of the form completely. Can you provide a example of the additional information that helped your meetup get through?

Connect Moderator

@Kwiksatik when I feel I didn't give enough details, I try to remove any 1.connection to other events

2. state specific  activities for Googgle Maps (map editing, adding new places, menu etc)

3. Insert meeting location

4. Fees required or free activities

Etc.

Connect Moderator

Thank you @EmekaUlor. I'll keep trying. It has to work eventually.

Former Google Contributor

Hi @Kwiksatik,

Thank you for sharing with us the situation.

Please make sure to submit a meet-up, which is as much detailed as possible.

You may check out our guidelines, just to be sure. For more ideas, you may also take a look at additional preparations.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator.
Thank you!
Connect Moderator

Hi @Kwiksatik

Just to summarize:

You have submitted a meet-up, and you have received a confirmation email. It means that the meet-up submission has been received.

After that, you didn't received any other communication.

If you check in your meet-up page, how is the status of your meet-up? Pending for approval? Denied? Approved? Disappeared?

Your feedback will help to understand what was wrong.

Ermes

Connect Moderator

@ErmesT - you have summarized exactly what is not happening. I click, I see the confirmation message on the website itself (little message in italics, telling me I will recieve and email), but no email ever comes to me directly.

Connect Moderator

Former Google Contributor

Hi @Kwiksatik,

Much appreciated from @ErmesT and @EmekaUlor for the valuable information provided regarding the issue.

We may confirm that a meet-up proposal would yet to be shown up from @Kwiksatik, as we will make sure to check thoroughly from our end.

After the confirmation message would show up, does the screen appear anything else, such as error?

Just to be sure, have you tried to utilize another web browser to post the Meet-up? If you have tried this step please ignore.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator.
Thank you!