Onok's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Street art in Singapore

IMG_20190114_211827.jpg

In Singapore  alot of art work  if someone want to have some inspiration for life or something  in Singapore is good for you good for everyone  me too 😊😊😊

9 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: Street art in Singapore

Hello @Onok,

Thank you for sharing with us, this wall looks amazingly beautiful with all these paintings on it. It seems to me, as if the motifs were inspired by the Inca and the Maya civilizations! 

Due to the high volume of private messages, Google Moderators do not read or respond to them. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator Thank you!

Level 7

@BorrisS Thank you 🙏🙏🙏

Level 7

How about a few photos and back story on Haw Pa Villa ? I loved that place when I visited there and its not on the tourist route , but was my highlight of my trip all 4 times i have been to Singapore..

Marina One , Sentosa Island , at the Singapore Boat ShowMarina One , Sentosa Island , at the Singapore Boat Show

Poet , Photographer , Artist , Videographer , Sailor .
Level 5

Rif.: Street art in Singapore

beautiful foto 🙂

Level 7

@Mongoose  Thank you bro 🙏 your photo is so nice colour so nice the place  actually I also want to go and see like that  but no chance  I have other photo I posted  you can see that not only one place in Singapore 

Level 7

Rif.: Street art in Singapore

@CarloGobbi1957 Thank you 🙏

Level 7

This is me when i found a street corner with Pants in the trees above in Singapore. It was so unussal for Singapore that i took this fun photo. But there is a reason for those cloths in the trees  and its because many houses can only dry thier washing on poles that they stick out thier windows in the high resedential flats. Every now and then a storm will blow and finish in less than an hour and the strong winds will blow the cloths off the drying poles and down onto the trees below.This is me when i found a street corner with Pants in the trees above in Singapore. It was so unussal for Singapore that i took this fun photo. But there is a reason for those cloths in the trees and its because many houses can only dry thier washing on poles that they stick out thier windows in the high resedential flats. Every now and then a storm will blow and finish in less than an hour and the strong winds will blow the cloths off the drying poles and down onto the trees below.

Level 7

@Mongoose 😂😂😂 now you know Singapore more than me already  bro now  you know many things  😊😊😊 like this Singapore style 😆

Level 7

Singapore is a city you just need to figure out a bit.  and once you have , its easy to get around .
In the Main City Central Area , it is possible to walk from one side of the Business district to the other without having to go into the hot humid street level area. There are many Underground pedestrian passageways that pass under busy roads , or Sky walks that connect one building to the other.
Do not litter , as you will be fined , and if you want to know why you get fined for spitting or chewing gum , its all because of the guys from China. Sorry to say , but I guess they are sometimes careless with gum that they have finished and like to put it under seats , The people of Singapore will have non of this. The spitting thing is also mainly because of some of the mainland Chinese. Its not a bad thing for them to clear their throats or put one finger over a nostril and blow out a blockage in public. Most westerners squirm at the thought , In China its not a big thing . In Singapore its illegal.
Just always take note of signs that show you what you can and cant do. Just respect the place and the authorities and you will have no problems.
 Things like Queing up in a neat orderly line at a designated spot to catch a Taxi is just a polite and acceptable thing to do . Westerners are frowned upon the way they jump into roads and scream and wave to catch a taxi.
 Cross roads at Pedestrian crossings , dont swim where you are not supposed to , be friendly , ask if you dont understand . The whole island is monitored 24 Hr my thousands of cameras , so don't try and get all smart. Although . you can bend the system to suit yourself.
Every Hotel has Free Wifi in its Lobby , So if you need to use the Internet , Find a hotel , ask for wifi and say you are waiting for a friend who is staying in room 701 to join you as he is showering.
If you are genuine and on your own or with one other person and dont look like a naughty person , you will get the wifi Password.
Another trick i learnt was that each Hotel around the Island has a courtesy Bus , all you have to do is find out the time the bus arrives and where it takes people ( Usually to one of the Big Malls ) , again if you are friendly and  good natured , you can travel all around the island , Hopping on one bus , going to a Hotel on Sentosa island , then using the wifi , and exploring another spot. 
Singaporeans my their good nature will always give you the benefit of the doubt , so as long as you don't abuse or break things , hey , the worst thing is they will say no.
I played loads of I am a lost Tourist and explored and was helped and shown some amazing spots , but I did not abuse it.
The Subways system is awesome , just dont freak out , ask if you are lost , and people will help. There are six Tracks one on top of each other all going in different direction , all underground and people walking fast from here to there , signs , color , its awesome. The Subway does come out above ground in Certain places .
And be prepared to pay .. for everything. To go up the lift to the Top floor of the Marina bay Hotel ( That Banana Building on stilts ) , You will pay around 25 S$ ( Same as US last time i was there . To go on the Cableway to Sentosa island , you have to pay , to go on the big wheel , pay , to do almost everything you have to pay.  
Universal Studios has a Musical Water and Fire Display for Free just outside Universals Main Entrance on Sentosa Island. Its not that good , and I think thats why its free. 
There is so much stuff to do , water parks , Roller Coasters ,  yacht marinas , Infinity Pools on top of Buildings , Massive whirl pools of water that look like some flushed a toilet that are attractions in shopping malls , There are even gondola rides in the same mall.  There are sometimes free Exhibitions , Computer gaming expos , even massive gaming rooms for Gamers. Food , awesome wildlife ( They have those massive White Cockatoos , they are wild and just squark and hang out in palm trees.. The Marina at Sentosa island Called Marina one is the cleanest marina i have ever seen . I went swimming in the marina to rtrieve a tooll that a guy dropped overboard. 
Have a look at the Architecture  , its out of this world .. so  futuristic and  green .  Sculptures are all over the Place.
There are TWO Rodins Thinkers statues , One in the financial district and one on Sentosa island , I was a bit disappointed when i saw the second one , and then i learnt there are like 14 of them around the world
Singapore is a delight , its frustrating sometimes , but its so progressive and forward thinking . Its a wonderland for wealthy tourists , its visually wonderful . Its an experience I will repeat again and again. I have been to the island about 4 times ..
431910_10151866292260744_2078110685_n.jpg
A   Friend who helped us out at the Massive Boat Show at marina One. Photo By paul Watson