AniaKiser's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Street art heaven in San Francisco, CA

The Castro, San FranciscoThe Castro, San Francisco

Lately, I got inspiration from @ChanneLing beautiful posts and I decided to share my photos with you as well. Street art used to be considered as an act of vandalism, fortunately nowadays we can discover that more and more public wall paintings are truly artistic. Sometimes they are made by anonymous artists, sometimes by a well-known personage. These visual works can be an act of protest, expression of respect, planned project or just spontaneous piece of art. Below I suppose you can notice all of these types. Walking down the San Francisco streets I was looking for them carefully, as San Francisco is a "street art heaven" for me and I still have very many of them left to discover in the future. I love street art as it brightens the grey cities and makes them look more colorful and optimistic.

What is your favorite graffiti? Do you know any street art artist? Why do you admire this kind of art?  Waiting for your point of view in the comments below.

If you like this post, please check also more posts prepared by me Street art heaven in San Jose, CA and Street art heaven in Bielsko-Biala, Poland , The extraordinary street art heaven in Polish villages 

For daily murals' post,visit my Instagram profile @streetart.heaven 

Language of the Birds, North Beach.Language of the Birds, North Beach.

North Beach, San FranciscoNorth Beach, San Francisco

ChinatownChinatown

IMG_20191107_132427.jpg

IMG_20191108_124759.jpg

IMG_20191108_125009.jpg

Women's building entranceWomen's building entrance

Women's building wall.Women's building wall.

IMG_20191108_130006.jpg

Carlos SantanaCarlos Santana

IMG_20191108_130735.jpg

IMG_20191108_131737.jpg

IMG_20191108_132948.jpg

IMG_20191108_133655.jpg

The Mission districtThe Mission district

IMG_20191108_134041.jpg

IMG_20191108_134424.jpg

IMG_20191108_134929.jpg

Balmy alleyBalmy alley

The MissionThe Mission

The MissionThe Mission

Balmy alleyBalmy alley

Balmy alleyBalmy alley

Balmy alleyBalmy alley

Balmy alleyBalmy alley

IMG_20191108_143131.jpg

IMG_20191108_144744.jpg

IMG_20191108_144827.jpg

ChinatownChinatown

ChinatownChinatown

My friend Chris (also a Local Guide) and I at Pier 39.My friend Chris (also a Local Guide) and I at Pier 39.

San Francisco, Kalifornia, Stany Zjednoczone
124 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Street art heaven in San Francisco, CA

Hi @AniaKiser,

wow, very nice photos! Yes San Francisco is full of street art and many of them are so beautiful.

Thank you for sharing these photos 😊.

| | | | - La decisione più coraggiosa che puoi prendere ogni giorno è quella di essere di buon umore 🙂

Level 10

Thanks for sharing nice photos @AniaKiser. Nice to see you on Connect again after a little break from posting.

I'm a New Zealander (Kiwi) and currently live in Tauranga. I've previously lived in Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Qatar, Czech Republic, and England, for a 15 year period. I've travelled to 6 continents and been to 57 countries.
Google Moderator

Hello @AniaKiser ,

Thanks for sharing your great photos of some of the street art in San Francisco. It really changes the vibe of the city and makes it more colourful. I even feel that the streets are not that grey anymore. 

Just recently I visited the Bulgarian city Plovdiv. I took a photo of a street art because I really liked the blue green colours. Here it is:

Caption: A photo of street art in Plovdiv, Bulgaria (Local Guide @MoniDi)Caption: A photo of street art in Plovdiv, Bulgaria (Local Guide @MoniDi)

There was also some kind of gathering where a lot of teenagers listened to music and had fun.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 7

Wow! Amazing street art. 

Lovely photos clicks @AniaKiser 

I love these type of street art. It change street look. Very beautiful.

Patel121
Level 9

Wow ! Very nice pics @AniaKiser ! I don't remember you took all these pictures in SF it's very great ! Thank you for sharing ! 👌🏻

Check and follow me as Local Guide on Google Maps
I'm a Local Guide because I love #help #share #discover #travel

I'm from Lausanne, Switzerland and live in Vevey, Switzerland
Other content here : Application video 2020 | My Connect Live 2019 experience| christophesubilia.com | Instagram

#frenchlocalguides
Level 8

Ynt: Street art heaven in San Francisco, CA

Great photos @AniaKiser  🙂

Turkish local guide living in Ontario, Canada

Follow me on Google MapsInstagram (Personal) | Instagram (Local Guides Turkey)  | Facebook  | Twitter | Youtube 

Level 9

Really nice photos! 

Thank you @AniaKiser for sharing 🤗

Connect Moderator

San Francisco is indeed amazing @AniaKiser , a city that I love

I want to offer you a different view. This is Koret Playground , in the middle of Golden Gate Park . All the stairs are covered by colored tiles

Caption: Tiles at Koret Playground - Photo @ermestCaption: Tiles at Koret Playground - Photo @ErmesT

You may like also a village completely covered by street art: Street-art on the Village of the Butterflies 

Level 10

Hi @AniaKiser All the pictures you give are very nice. Thank you for sharing these pictures with us.

Mohammed Omar Faruque