JonasKL's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Street View Trusted Photographer

Hello @Corrie

I have been taking lots of street view photographs. My question is; How do I get certified to be a trusted street view photographer and how do I view my added street view photographs and where should I apply if it is there to get certified as a street view photographer.

Thank you.

JonasK

It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
14 comments

Accepted Solutions
Level 10
Solution

Re: Street View Trusted Photographer

Hi @JonasKL this is a frequent question.

First of all, a trusted photographer have to start using Street View App to take some 360 shots.

Then you need to upload to maps, on a placepage, and get approved into maps.

You can see your 360 approved maps under the Profile Tab in your SV App installed on your smartphone.

Here are the guidelines

If you are eligible to become "Trusted Photographer", the team of Streetview Trusted program will send you an email with informations regarding the program and how to apply.
There are some new requirements to be eligible, here's the list.

New requirements for being trusted (taking effect July 11, 2016)
Publish 50 Google Maps approved 360 photos cumulatively
360 photos must be at least 14MP resolution, but images must be clear and without motion blur
Minimum number of 360 photos per shoot can be 1
HDR is no longer required if you can get adequate details in shadows and bright areas

Updated benefits of being trusted
A digital badge that distinguishes your published work and profile throughout the Street View app
Updated trusted brand assets, like this new sticker
A next-gen trusted contributors index (for now, you’ll still be listed on our current for-hire index)
Paid leads as local businesses request shoots (expanding soon to new countries)

Other new features and tools
Automated connectivity of your 360 photos shot 1m to 3m apart
Invitation to the trusted program directly in the Street View app once you’ve published 50 Google Maps approved 360 photos
An opportunities tab in the Street View app to find places that could use more 360 photos
Embedding 360 photos that were published using the Street View app
Transferring ownership of 360 photos using the Street View app

View solution in original post

Level 10
Solution

Hi @JonasKL this is a frequent question.

First of all, a trusted photographer have to start using Street View App to take some 360 shots.

Then you need to upload to maps, on a placepage, and get approved into maps.

You can see your 360 approved maps under the Profile Tab in your SV App installed on your smartphone.

Here are the guidelines

If you are eligible to become "Trusted Photographer", the team of Streetview Trusted program will send you an email with informations regarding the program and how to apply.

360 photos must be at least 14MP resolution, but images must be clear and without motion blur
HDR is no longer required if you can get adequate details in shadows and bright areas

A digital badge that distinguishes your published work and profile throughout the Street View app
A next-gen trusted contributors index (for now, you’ll still be listed on our current for-hire index)

Invitation to the trusted program directly in the Street View app once you’ve published 50 Google Maps approved 360 photos
An opportunities tab in the Street View app to find places that could use more 360 photos

Level 10

Thanks for information.

@LucioV @JonasKL

Level 8

Thanks for this, I will start using this as I didn't even know this existed!

Level 10

Level 5

Hi, thank you for the answer, this question was important for me too. I have something more to ask - does the "see inside" option still exist? Or if not, what is the difference between posting 360 photos as a google trusted photographer comparing to a regular local guide member. 

Thank you 🙂

Level 5

Hi @MiglenaR,

I know we're at the same level, however I do have some advice for your question, The 'see inside' option only occurs to be there if the owner of the property allows this or if they request for this. It is still around and can still be seen several locations over Google Maps. Hope @MiglenaR that I am of some help to you.

Thanks

Dhanuka

Level 9

Hi @JonasK this is a frequent question.

Then you need to upload to maps, on a place page, and get approved into maps.

Here are the guidelines

If you are eligible to become "Trusted Photographer", the team of Streetview Trusted program will send you an email with information regarding the program and how to apply.

Level 5

@AT93

Hey 🙂 I have a question regarding the digital badge. How can I place a badge of that sort on my webpage and my FB company webpage? Do I need a special image? Should I request one? I am a google trusted photographer and I would like to make this official for my clients.

Thank you 🙂

Level 8

nice info, thanks !