RajdeepB's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Street Foods in Kolkata Part 1 - Murgighata

Kolkata - the city of joy has innumerate options of Streets Foods but If you break whole Kolkata in 18 mini zones you will get the complete picture of Street Food Scenario in Kolkata. Each zone have their unique Street Food Dishes. I will be writing 18 different street food guides for each zone and max you can cover 4-6 zones in a day. So it will take your 3-4 days to cover all popular street foods in Kolkata.

006.jpg

In Kolkata street food varies immensely from street to street, and even location to location, so it’s something of a fool’s errand to select a single street food to represent the entire city of joy. But, if pressed, I would give my advice to start with Murgighata and taste the mouthwatering local street food there. Here one thing you will always hear people speak well of the city is the price, quantity and quality of street foods.

008.jpg

Litti Chokha

Start with the addictive Litti Chokha, served with ghee, aloo chokha, tomato coriander chatni, chopped onion and green chilli. The Litti is well-grilled, and the filling is generous, perfectly spiced, and unbelievably tasty with ghee flavour. Seriously, you have to try it to believe it.

001.jpg

Spinach Mushroom Sandwich

Also, enjoy the crisp and juicy Spinach Mushroom Sandwich sporting a crisp toasted bread, and balanced with caramelized onion, mushroom and spinach — the perfect partner for a hot tea or coffee. It is homey and special, comforting, and transportive enough to make you happy you decided to pay someone else to cook for you.

003.jpg

Malai Cheeni Toast

Don't miss out on the decadent Malai Cheeni Toast, featuring golden and crispy bread toast accompanied by freshly made malai. Biting into this wonderful malai toast and feel the divine combination of rich malai and sugar granules together is a stunning treat to your taste-buds.

009.jpg

Orange Kulfi

For Fruit Kulfi portions aren't huge for its price tag, but when you see those glistening slices of wonderfully prepared kulfi in front of you, just put them in mouth, and let its flavour dance on your tongue — you'll ache with satisfaction.

002.jpg

Kadak Chai & Kadak Coffee

Order the Kadak Chai for a balanced blend of floral and earthy Elaichi notes with a strong Adrak aroma or a Kadak Coffee for much needed adrenaline rush.

005.jpg

Total Cost for these whole meal is 90/- (1.5$) isn't it amazingly cheap.

016.jpg

Murgighata, B.B.D. Bagh, Kolkata, West Bengal, India
27 comments
Level 8

Re: Street Foods in Kolkata Part 1 - Murgighata

@PoliMC  ... Kolkata Street Food Guide Part one posted ... 17 more coming .. check and let me know if you liked it.

Connect Moderator

@RajdeepB 

I'm lazy reading your post ,,only interesting about food pictures,food food more food haha , everything so tempting

By the way Kolkata city same with Calcutta city or which right spelling ? 

Level 8

Yes Kolkata was previously called Calcutta 🙂 @Nyainurjanah ... read the food guide too ... and street foods are dirt cheap at Kolkata.

Former Google Contributor

Hi @RajdeepB,

Thanks for tagging me! 

I am impressed by the photos and food that you captured! I would like to try Spinach Mushroom Sandwich and Litti Chokha. I am sure that they are very delicious and now I am mouthwatering. 

I can't wait to read about the other food zones in Kolkata! Will wait for it!

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 8

Thank you so much @PoliMC .... Litti, Sandwich, Malai Toast, Kulfi and Chai ... 5 items will cost you Total 1.5$ only and amazingly delicious and filling lunch at street.

Former Google Contributor

Hi @RajdeepB,

That sounds fantastic! 

I would like to visit it one day! India is in my bucket list for sure! 

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 8

If I am at the city that time I will give you food tour @PoliMC  🙂

Connect Moderator

Hey @RajdeepB thank you for replying and explained

Level 8

You are most welcome @Nyainurjanah  🙂