BeatrizAguilar's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Street Art dresses the Cúcuta city

Knowing a city through graffiti is advantageous because you can enjoy a beautiful view and explore its streets in search of art.

My search began in the First Avenue with 14th street, months before they erased this beautiful paint of a woman with bird headdress with an orchid, a flower very common in South America. The bird is a "guacamaya" (macaw) with colorful feathers. She remembers me Amy Whinehouse.Mujer, guacamaya y orquídeaMujer, guacamaya y orquídea

On 0 Avenue I took three pictures that show the aboriginal roots of the country, the youth and the love for the music that the Colombian feels in the veins. This is the land of urban singers as Shakira, J.Balvin and Maluma.Indígena wayú con loroIndígena wayú con loro

Niña de ojos negrosNiña de ojos negros

Música urbanaMúsica urbana

My photo tour ends on Panamericana Avenue with the most recents graffiti that tells the good vibes of this Colombian city. A homage to the nature, the woman and the life, since the birth until the death.CardenalCardenal

Silueta con aveSilueta con ave

NiñaNiña

Mujer con sombrero de floresMujer con sombrero de flores

Colibrí  y cayenaColibrí y cayena

EmbarazadaEmbarazada

CalaverasCalaveras

If you like this kind of art, you would enjoy the colorful paintings that cover Cúcuta with stories in graffiti.

Beatriz Aguilar | bandera-de-venezuela-imagen-animada-0001| Instagram
Cúcuta, Norte de Santander, Colombia
82 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: Street Art dresses the Cúcuta city

Hi @BeatrizAguilar,

Thanks for sharing these awesome photos! I am a big fan of street art, because it can transform every boring building's outlook and bring new life to them. It's a pure pleasure to see them here on Connect.

Maybe @BorrisS can also share some of his amazing collection 🙂

Due to the high volume of private messages, Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Former Google Contributor

Hello @BeatrizAguilar

Thank you very much for sharing these beautiful Street Art illustrations with us. 

It is really important to take Street Art pictures, as this is the only way to keep this way of expression alive. It's an Art which can be immortalized only via photography as it’s subject matter of many external factors such as the weather changing conditions and destruction of some walls and buildings.

I'm sharing with you two pictures of Street Art in Sofia. 

Thank you @RadieN

Street Art in Sofia , Bulgaria (Local Guide BorrisS)Street Art in Sofia , Bulgaria (Local Guide BorrisS)Street Art in Sofia , Bulgaria (Local Guide BorrisS)Street Art in Sofia , Bulgaria (Local Guide BorrisS)

Due to the high volume of private messages, Google Moderators do not read or respond to them. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator Thank you!

Level 9

@RadieN this sort of artistic expression is  constantly renewed as well as allows young people to show what they feel about their environment

Level 9

@BorrisS those are beautiful photos. I think that graffiti are the big murals painting of nowdays. Of course, graffiti is not up to the paintings of Mexican artist Diego Rivera, for example, but they are very close to it.

Level 10

Hi Thanks for sharing very beautiful creations, dear @BeatrizAguilar

Truly "LIVING" creations..

Appreciate your efforts..

One thing, the creation 1 & 7, took my heart.. Grat..

Regards

Oh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform me

Connect Moderator

So beautiful pictures @BeatrizAguilar

Do you also have some photos of how the building appears, once painted?

DSC02505.jpg

This is a school in Montagnana.

Do you know that Treviso, my city, is also called "the Painted city", because in the medieval age it was completely painted?

Google Moderator

Hello @BeatrizAguilar,

Thank you for sharing these amazing photos!

I always appreciate a good street art! It just makes me smile, even if I am walking alone down the street and people look at me funny. 🙂

Let me share what I have seen recently and impressed me.

Caption: A photo of street art showing a colourful turtle and a black and white woman (Local Guide @MoniDi)Caption: A photo of street art showing a colourful turtle and a black and white woman (Local Guide @MoniDi)Caption: A photo of very colourful street art drawn on the wall of a building (Local Guide @MoniDi)Caption: A photo of very colourful street art drawn on the wall of a building (Local Guide @MoniDi)

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 9

@TravellerG good selection! Would you mind tell us why those graffiti touched you? 

@ErmesT in Cúcuta I have not seen graffiti on buildings. Only on walls that nobody cares about. I didn't know that about Treviso, thanks for the information. I would like to see more of your city and its street art.

Level 9

Cine of ChinácotaCine of Chinácota

@MoniDi that street art is on another level; It's sublime.

In Chinácota, a little town next to Cúcuta, the public library, cine and the main grocery market have their walls painted with graffiti, as well as some houses. Many street artists from South America (Argentines, Chileans, Venezuelan, among others) covered those walls with their  creations.Cine de ChinácotaCine de Chinácota

Flags of the brother countries Chile, Venezuela, Colombia, Perú, México, Bolovia, Ecuador, Argentina, Uruguay, ItaliaFlags of the brother countries Chile, Venezuela, Colombia, Perú, México, Bolovia, Ecuador, Argentina, Uruguay, ItaliaA corner of ChinácotaA corner of Chinácota

Without memory there isn't peaceWithout memory there isn't peaceColombia is a country with a violent past. There were a lot of people whose left their home towns because they  feared the armed groups that were outlawed, known as: Guerrillas. 

Now, peace winds are blowing but the people don't forget the own history, to keep the peace that they reached. That's what the last graffiti means: Without memory there is no peace.