Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 5

Strange Posts

May be they are above understanding.

When one open a post with a single word for example :

"done", "mode" etc ..

What do we understand? what is the idea behind such posts? 

5 comments
Level 6

Re: Strange Posts

reply of this post in one word 'SURPRISING' .

Googler

Hi @ZuhairM. Are you talking about seeing strange posts here in Connect? Some people may be new to Connect or online forums so they may not be familiar with how to post or how to use Connect. I wouldn't say they are above understanding as this is a global community where there are many cultures and languages, which makes Connect and the Local Guides program so very special. As moderators, we try our best to help educate others on how to interact with others by sharing links such as these tips for posting in the community as well as a link to this board about getting started within Local Guides. If a moderator or other Local Guide hasn't yet responded to the post, you're welcome to respond to the poster, too. 

Note: Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!.
Level 5

Hi @TraciC

I do agree with what you have mentioned. To reply or contribute or even comment to a post with one word is acceptable, but my wonder is about those who start a post with a single meaningless, except for them, word. What do they expect from the connect members to do?

When you start a post there should be an idea or a message or enquiry you want to share with others.

So when someone start posting with the abovementioned examples how they are expecting us to participate?

Googler

Hi @ZuhairM. I can't answer that question as I'm not inside the person who is creating that post's head. Again, this is a global community so language and culture may be a factor. Or in some cases, it can be spam. Our best approach is to try to understand and encourage that person to add more information. That's one of the thing us moderators are doing here on Connect: encouraging people to share their experiences and discoveries in their corners of the world. 🙂

Note: Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!.
Level 5

And this is exactly @TraciC what am taking about I.e the shade of experience. So if it is spam no problem but if the someone,fully aware, started a post with the word tree for example and vanished what will be the point? (General Question)

My purpose from this post to draw some members attention that we do care and interested to share their posts regardless the contents or the background culture but they should give us something do discuss not mere a vague word.