Eire27's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Storm Diana In Photos

Storm Diana has battered Ireland the past two days, causing airports to cancel flights, ports for boats to close, car accidents, electricity power failure and some floods. Here are some photos from DublinHowth, Dublin. Photo, Independent. comHowth, Dublin. Photo, Independent. com

Sea front, photo, Independent. comSea front, photo, Independent. com

Fallen trees, photo Irish MirrorFallen trees, photo Irish Mirror

Flooded street, photo Irish MirrorFlooded street, photo Irish Mirror

Stormy sea, photo Independent. comStormy sea, photo Independent. com

Howth pier, photo Independent. comHowth pier, photo Independent. com

Dublin, Ireland
13 comments
Level 9

Re: Storm Diana In Photos

Hello @Eire27

It is incrediable!

Terrible storm and flood!

Are there victims among people?

What is the weather just now?

What is the air temperature!?

And how are you!?

Thanks for sharing photos and news.

Take care yourself!

Best wishes,

Inga

Level 8

@Eire27 amazing photos you took. Stay safe. 

#LocalGuides | #LetsGuide | #Bangladesh |#BangladeshLocalGuides | #SoundOfBeautifulBangladesh
Former Google Contributor

Hi @Eire27,

Thanks for sharing!

Such captivating photos! It looks impressive and incredibly scary at the same time. The forces of nature can really make you feel small some times.

I can't believe people are going out on the pier in that kind of weather. Let's hope everyone is okay.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 8

Hi @helga19  Would you believe that as a result of the Storm, a Dolphin was seen swimming in The City Centre of Dublin, The River Liffey at 3.30pm yesterdayRiver Liffey, city centre, photo, The JournalRiver Liffey, city centre, photo, The Journal

City Centre Dolphin, photo, the Irish timesCity Centre Dolphin, photo, the Irish times

Ecologist have been monitoring the Dolphin and say that he is healthy and swimming well and should return to The Irish Sea ( separates Dublin and the UK) on his own, meanwhile he is bringing excitement to the City.

Meanwhile, thankfully there have been no deaths and actually temperatures are high for this time of year, right now its 8 c degrees,  it has been  raining heavy all night and still is. My home has had some water come through the door but just a small amount. We have a lot of storms in recent years but usually they would have originated somewhere else as hurricanes and by the time they get across the Atlantic to Ireland, they are storms. I still can not believe that a Dolphin is in the city 

Level 9

So sad to hear about Ireland @Eire27, Thank you for sharing with us..All LG''s please pray for Ireland...

Level 8

Hi @MortenSI Yes I was thinking the same thing about people out walking. A Dolphin got confused yesterday and came into Dublin City Centre, River Liffey, I shared photos on this post in reply to @helga19

Level 10
Former Google Contributor

That has got to be the first time ever @Eire27.

A dolphin in any city centre would be a rare event. Hopefully it will find it's way back to open waters.  

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 8

Hi @NirmalTeja Thank you, you are so kind, it is not too bad now