Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Stockport Brows and Brews 360°

Stockport Brows and Brews 360°

Rhode Island Coffee

2 Little Underbank, Stockport SK1 1JT, UK

November 18, 2018 @ 13:00 (GMT)

Stockport is a town of Brows - steep streets like Rostron Brow, Mealhouse Brow, and... Bridge Street. The locals call it Fish Brow. A hundred years ago they were busy trading streets and/or dens of iniquity, and now they're home to antique shops, craft beer bars, and the nationally renowned restaurant Where The Light Gets In. But none are currently on streetview. This meet up of the Manchester Local Guides will both rectify that and contribute to the 360° Photography Worldwide Meet-up set for that weekend, as local guide connect alumni take the opportunity to use streetview's improved functionality. In addition we'll also check out both meanings of brew - from tea at 1pm to beers at the latest addition to the market place beer scene, Mobberley Brewery's Project 53. Everyone welcome, 360° Camera not essential!

RSVP here

2 Little Underbank, Stockport SK1 1JT, UK
6 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: Stockport Brows and Brews 360°

Hey @deadmanjones,

This sounds amazing, thanks for planning the meet-up! Best of luck on the day and please feel free to share your recap with us.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Connect Moderator

Nice one @deadmanjones! Happy to join in and help out with the 360 photos. Bring a power bank as the battery drains a bit (not severely).

Also, happy to pass my 360 camera around for folks who don't have one and wanted to give it a try. Incidentally, folks can also take 360 photos with the mobile.

#EuroMeetup2024 - Join us in Manchester, UK from June 6th to 9th 2024
      Go Loco Guides - The unofficial YouTube channel for Local Guides! Check us out and subscribe
      Connect Writing Challenge - Simple strategies to write engaging posts on Connect
      How to Write Reviews - Easy to remember tips on writing structured reviews
Level 10

Adding Streetview from video doesn't work at all for me, so my Theta will probably be with @TimBull. And my LG G5 eats batteries anyway. Hopefully I'll be introducing a few people to the inbuilt 360 of streetview, cos I certainly didn't know about it until connect live showed me.

Level 9

haha. 

Yea maybe my Pixel 2 will win the day. 

I'm still very Jealous @deadmanjones @AdrianLunsong have a Theta! 

looking forward to Sunday! 

Manchester UK Local Guides: https://goo.gl/tBYxXm (Come Join us!)
Connect Moderator

@deadmanjones Hah! I thought I was the only one who didn't realise that the StreetView app can take 360 photos!

#EuroMeetup2024 - Join us in Manchester, UK from June 6th to 9th 2024
      Go Loco Guides - The unofficial YouTube channel for Local Guides! Check us out and subscribe
      Connect Writing Challenge - Simple strategies to write engaging posts on Connect
      How to Write Reviews - Easy to remember tips on writing structured reviews
Level 10

There's now a recap as part of worldwide 360° photography