SuzanneN's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Stockholm & Helsinki Family Video

we just got back from a family vacation in stockholm and helsinki and made a video of some of our adventures. there were many things we did that didn't end up in the video; later i'll post a list of all the wonderful attractions we visited while we were there. 

Stockholm, Sweden
8 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: Stockholm & Helsinki Family Video

Hi @SuzanneN,

Thanks for the great video you made!

What did you like about both cities? Was it your first time visiting? I'm from Helsinki myself and I try to go there at least once a year. 

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Hey @SuzanneN,

I really enjoyed your video! It looks like you all had a wonderful time.

Thank you for sharing it with all of us.

P.S.: The terrifying two are so adorable. 🙂

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 9

@DanniS, it was our first time in finland. i live in bangkok, so helsinki and stockholm felt like being on the other side of the world! cold, gray, clean, organized, etc. 🙂 i loved that everything in helsinki was easy to walk to, and that the center of the city itself is so pretty. esplanadi park, the vanha kauppahalli and the water were a lovely backdrop. i also loved how so many things were family friendly. we went to a very nice restaurant and i was so surprised to see a children's menu, and they even offered to let our children pick anything off the menu, which they would make in a half portion for half the price. 

and, i loved the design museum! i hadn't known that the finns invented angry birds in addition to designing beautiful furniture and other items. overall we had a wonderful time, and even got to see a little snow. it was already quite cold and gray, tho, so i'm not sure i'd want to be there during the real winter. 🙂

Level 9

@KlaudiyaG thank you! i don't know why they chose that name. LOL. i thought "terrific twins" would be better. 

That's wonderful to hear @SuzanneN! I'm really happy you enjoyed it and had a great time.

Finns are very proud of having family-friendly restaurants and places in general and it's a good place to travel for families 🙂 Just within a few years Helsinki has changed quite a bit and continues to upgrade with architecture and design. In 2012, we won World Design Capital. 

I would love to visit Bangkok! It seems so different and exciting 🙂 

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 9

@DanniS come and visit! it really is the polar opposite of helsinki, in almost every way you can imagine, tho both cities are lovely and cool in their own ways. 

Level 9

Thanks @SuzanneNfor excellent video ! 

It is good that you made comments to video! 

Bedt wishes,

Have a bright travelling and impressions!

Connect Moderator

nuevamente te felicito por el gran video @SuzanneN , tus hijos son unos protagonistas de primera calidad en el video. me encanta como comienza, invitándonos a seguirlo, gracias por compartir.

Que hermosa ciudad como te leí en un post se ve que esta bien preparada para la familia, que bueno que es eso.

Saludos Farid

For the case that has difficulty, in reading my answer, in the upper left part of the screen, in the drop-down menu of languages, you can select the language, in which you want to read the post.