WilliamRock's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Still Missing 1TB of Storage Credit / How Do I get Before the End of July ?

Hello Local Guides, I am wondering how I go about Redeaming my 1TB of Free Storage for 2 Years from Google 🙂 I have looked through my Gmail and have not found any invite nor can I see a Redeem Button within the link of my levels @ https://www.google.com/local/guides/home/  

My Question is .. once we go past the mark where you turn it into 100GB will I have missed the boat ? Thank you In advance ..

Reference // Article @ http://www.greenbot.com/article/3093353/android/google-is-dropping-the-local-guides-drive-reward-fro...

I have been a Level 4 Local Guide Since April 4, 2016 

Level 4 since April 4, 2016Level 4 since April 4, 2016

Here are my New Stats as they will continue to grow ... as I take a ton of photos of companies the storage would be nice vs. me currently paying for it each month 🙂

newstats.png

William Rock - Kansas City, USA / Google Platinum Top Contributor + TC Mentor
21 comments

Accepted Solutions
Level 8
Solution

Re: Still Missing 1TB of Storage Credit / How Do I get Before the End of July ?

Good News /// the Issue has been Resolve 🙂
Thank You Google Local Guides 

I was able to work with the Local Guides Support Team and they had helped me redeem the storage 🙂

Here are some of the screenshots of what it looked like for others who are having issues with this 

Google-1TB.png

and here is the Thank You Message 

congrats-1TB.png

View solution in original post

Former Google Contributor

@WilliamRock Have you escalated this issue to the team through local-guidesATgoogleDOTcom? 

Level 8

Yes a few times .. as well checked my messages, spam folder, etc // but still nothing sent to respond too , and it was not urgent until I learned about the storage size getting reduced at the end of the month.. it would be nice to have, even though I am after knowledge more than space 🙂

Level 9

Hello WilliamR,

The email confirmation for 1TB Storage normaly comes within a week and store in Promotions folder not in the Primary inbox. Could you please check on Promotions Folder.

Thank you

Level 8

Thank You Abdullah AlM 🙂 I have done that as well my junk folder etc .. even doing random searches within Gmail but no luck ...

Level 8

I have the same problem, anybody can help? Actually I have 923 points.

MD

@kapustowicz @WilliamRock have you checked your Local Guides home page? Please visit https://www.google.com/local/guides/home and there you should see the link to activate it.

Local Guides Community Program Manager
Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. Thank you.
Level 6

@LuisR wrote:

@kapustowicz @WilliamRock have you checked your Local Guides home page? Please visit https://www.google.com/local/guides/home and there you should see the link to activate it.

@LuisRG@: He said in his original post: ' .  . . nor can I see a Redeem Button within the link of my levels @ https://www.google.com/local/guides/home/ '

In regards to the emails received at least level. I've never received ANY of them. I've checked all folders including spam and even searched. I have not received any.

In addition to this I've been a level 4 guide before and one morning over 100 of my points vanished reducing me to level 3 again. I tried waiting and even then emailing the local(dash)guides(at)google(dot)com for support, but like others I have never received a response.

I like the program and the opportunity to help others but right now it has some serious kinks. I'm almost worked back up to level 4 again and I'm just hoping my points remain in place this time.

TravisJ

EDIT: I forgot to say that I actually did redeem my 1TB storage (which it did let me keep even after taking my level away) and I was able to find it at aforementioned guides home link. Hope others are able to get that resolved.

TravisJ

Yes, @TravisJackson, but as it happened with you, we’ve recently resolved this issue and they should now be able to get a replacement code in their homepage. 

Local Guides Community Program Manager
Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. Thank you.
Level 8

Good Morning