CharithaJB's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

Sri Lankan Leopard

Sri Lanka has the biggest leopards in the world. This is because unlike in other countries where there are leopards, in Sri Lanka they are the apex predators without any competition for food from much larger cats like tigers in India and Lions in Africa. Here Leopard is the king. Leopards can be spotted in the Yala National Park, Wilpattu National Park, Kumana National Park and rarely in the Horton Plains National Park. The most easily accessible is Yala. However, this ease of access from Colombo has made it more crowded than Wilpattu the second best park to spot leopards in the wild. Weekdays are the best days to visit any park in Sri Lanka when it is less crowded. The best times to spot leopards is early in the morning before the sun gets hot or late in the evening. Leopards rarely comes out of the forest to hunt during midday because it gets too hot and they get tired quickly. 

45906118_10155685861606969_6224718573361692672_o.jpg 

9 comments
Level 8

Re: Sri Lankan Leopard

@CharithaJB Excellent photography. 

#LocalGuides | #LetsGuide | #Bangladesh |#BangladeshLocalGuides | #SoundOfBeautifulBangladesh
Level 6

@MdAtikuzzamanLimon

Thank you very much! 🙂

Level 2

me impactó la foto, es como si pudiera tocarla.

Level 6

@cris1972

Thank you so much!! 🙂

Level 9

Nice shot, thank you for sharing @CharithaJB

Level 9

Hello @CharithaJB

Thank you for your perfect photo!!

It is a mistery for me -how do you manage to take such wonderful photos of animals at close distance.

Your photos are amazing!

Recently,2days ago I visited International Wild Nature Festival -"Golden Turtle",where photographers from 16 countries  represent their photo of wild nature and animals.

I remember about you,because your works are as perfect as their works.

7 International Wild Nature Festival."Golden Turtle"7 International Wild Nature Festival."Golden Turtle"

Soon I write the next post about this festival.

Cheers,

Inga

Level 6

@helga19

Hi INGA1 🙂

Thanks again for having a look. To take this picture I used a Sony H-100 though an old model is a bridge cam with an awesome 21X (27-567mm) zoom. I don't use hi end cameras simply because those are expensive and I cannot afford:)  Now I use a Nikon 5200 and a Nikon 55-300 zoom lens which again is an older model I bought cheap. 🙂 

Level 6

@helga19

I am looking forward to seeing your pictures! You take awesome pictures yourself Inga which I like very much 🙂

Level 9

Hello @CharithaJB

Thank you for your reply.

Soon I write a new post about this festival.

Thanks for your kind words.

Best wishes,