IlankovanT's post
cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 
Level 9

Sri Lanka - Sigiriya Water Fountain πŸ’¦

How many of you know this water fountain located in Sigiriya? This is established in a way that enables automated functioning based on seasonal rains. During the rainy seasons without any electricity or pumps, this functions. See how technology has been used even in the ancient days. last time when I visit it was dry and I heard from @UpulW that it's functioning now. Isn't this cool?

View from Sigiriya rockView from Sigiriya rockSigiriya rockSigiriya rock

IMG_20170311_111125_1.JPGWater Fountain/GardenWater Fountain/GardenWater FountainWater Fountain

This is known also as the fountain garden, this exemplifies the excellence of ancient hydraulic technology of Sri Lanka. there are four fountains symmetrically built, two on each side. these fountains are fed by the adjoining two moats associated with "Summer Palaces" water is carried to the fountains by underground water conduits and work on the simple principle of gravity and pressure. Another unusual feature is the shallow serpentine stream designed to control the movement of water. (Source: Information board at Sigiriya)

Sigiriya, Sri Lanka
10 comments
Level 6

Re: Sri Lanka - Sigiriya Water Fountain πŸ’¦

Hi @IlankovanT

Lovely pictures and great info about Sigiriya! 

Level 8

Ψ±Ψ―: Sri Lanka - Sigiriya Water Fountain πŸ’¦

very good and nice and beautiful mountains and spring and plants

Level 9

Ψ±Ψ―: Sri Lanka - Sigiriya Water Fountain πŸ’¦

Thank you @Najim-99@CharithaJB.

Chathura do you have photos of this water fountain? I saw a video from @UpulW last week and it was working

Level 5

1 Δ‘α»‹a Δ‘iểm rαΊ₯t tuyệt!

Google Moderator

Hey @IlankovanT

Thank you for the lovely post and the information provided about Sigiriya Water Fountain. I will find it very useful once I go and visit this unearthly place.

Just a couple of days ago I received a lot of useful tips from @CharithaJB and @TSKBabanoor for Nuwara Eliya. The nature there is amazing! If you are interested, you could check this post. πŸ™‚

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 8

Beautiful pictures @IlankovanT . Thanks for sharing. 

Namaste, 

Niraj

Level 9

Nice post @IlankovanT

Thank you for sharing with us.

Level 9

Thank you @MoniDi@NirajBhusal@AbdullahAM πŸ™‚

Level 9

Thank you @ThangPro