janangagamage's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 2

Sri Dalada Maligawa Temple of the Sacred Tooth Relic, Kandy

Sri Dalada Maligawa- The temple of tooth relic, is located in the city of Kandy, Sri Lanka.  It is the place where the lord Budhdhas Tooth relic is kept and worshipped from ancient times. Also the relic has played an important role in local politics because it is believed that whoever holds the relic holds the governance of the country. Kandy is the last capital of the Sri Lankan kings and is named as a world heritage due to the importancy of the Tooth Relic and the temple. The temple of tooth relic is also considered as a one of the most sacred and holistic places to worship in the world. If you are planning to visit the temple please make sure to wear a white attire. (sleeveless or revealing clothes are not allowed) IMG-5167.JPGIMG-5187.JPG

2 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: Sri Dalada Maligawa Temple of the Sacred Tooth Relic, Kandy

Hi @janangagamage,

Thank you for sharing your content and sharing this small but very useful information about the clothes. When is the best time to visit? Does it work from Monday to Friday? 

Due to the volume of private messages Google moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 10

Re: Sri Dalada Maligawa Temple of the Sacred Tooth Relic, Kandy

Thanks for sharing photos and story @janangagamage

I'm a New Zealander (Kiwi) and currently live in Tauranga. I've previously lived in Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Qatar, Czech Republic, and England, for a 15 year period. I've travelled to 6 continents and been to 57 countries.