Bonjourtaiwan's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Spectacular Gornergrat glacier

The Gornergrat  Glacier is a valley glacier found on the west side of the Monte Rosa massif close to Zermatt in the Canton of Valais, Switzerland.

Glaciers are large masses of snow, ice and rock debris that accumulate in great quantities and begin to flow outwards and downwards under the pressure of their own weight.IMG_20150912_161827.jpg

IMG_20150912_161827.jpg

Gornergrat, 策馬特瑞士
5 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: Spectacular Gornergrat glacier

Hi @Bonjourtaiwan,

Thanks for sharing!

I must say that the photos that you captured are breathtaking! What kind of camera did you use?

What was the feeling to be there and observe the Gornergrat Glacier?

In 2018, while living in China, I also had the chance to visit several glaciers while travelling in the Tibet.

Caption: A photo of a glacier and a temple in Tibet somewhere between Lhasa and Shigatse. (Local Guide @TsekoV)Caption: A photo of a glacier and a temple in Tibet somewhere between Lhasa and Shigatse. (Local Guide @TsekoV)This is one of the places that left me feel breathless and I will always remember.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 10

Hi @TsekoV

I used the Xiaomi mobile phone to take a picture of the gornegrat glaciers.

Before I came here, I have never seen a real glaciers. There is only one word  "shock,shock,shock"

I also used the hand to touch the real glaciers in the furggen Valley.

Tell you one Little secret…

I hope to have the opportunity to ride a bicycle to Tibet.(*^^*)

Hi @Bonjourtaiwan,

Thank you for your explanations!

Your Xiaomi phone must be very good then. The first time I have also seen glaciers is in Tibet.

The secret you shared with me... is really touching! I have heard of this. People do ride bicycles to Tibet. I know it is possible from the 川藏线 (Chuan Zang Xian). There are people who do this probably many days until they succeed, but indeed is an experience of a lifetime! I have entered Tibet from Qinghai and never from Sichuan. From what I know the road from Sichuan to Tibet is one idea easier, with a little bit less altitude (if that is possible to say, it is still very high) and very picturesque. If one takes the Chuan Zang way, one will definitely see countless of beautiful places. The nature there is simply breathtaking.

A secret that I also would like to share is... I definitely would like to join you in this bike ride to Tibet! : )

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 10

Cher @TsekoV

Merci d'avoir vu mon post.

Si je veux aller au Tibet à vélo, je vous invite.

我很想再去 @Bonjourtaiwan

我之前是通過青藏線入境西藏的。我聽說川藏線也超級壯麗,也有很多人都會騎著自行車往西藏去。

我想和你分享我從北京往拉薩坐火車的一個很有意思的火車站。這是那曲火車站,也是整個線的最高部分之一。

描述:一張在那曲火車站拍的照片。(在地嚮導 @TsekoV)描述:一張在那曲火車站拍的照片。(在地嚮導 @TsekoV)這列火車在全世界的知名度很高。你聽說過嗎?

描述:在那曲火車站拍的照片。(在地嚮導 @TsekoV)描述:在那曲火車站拍的照片。(在地嚮導 @TsekoV)