KimLong's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Special Opening Hour: Why it is important for users and how to set it for business owner

This How-To is more related to Google My Business but it is also related to map users and Local Guides so I would like to post it here too. You notice that on major public holiday, map shows an orange notice next to opening hour of listing stating that “Pchum Ben Day (Observed) might affect these hours” as in sample screenshots below. This is just a notice for users to check the opening hour on that specific day with the business. It also means the business owner did not set special hours for that specific day. Special hour function in GBM is important to set opening hour on specific days like National Holiday, seasonal opening hours, extended opening hours for special events like Soccer World Cup… To set special opening hour go to Google My Business. Under menu select “Business Info” and then “Add special hours”.

Screenshot_2018-10-10-12-57-49-45.pngScreenshot_2018-10-10-12-56-01-96.pngScreenshot_2018-10-10-12-56-59-10.png

1 comment
Google Moderator

Re: Special Opening Hour: Why it is important for users and how to set it for business owner

Hello @KimLong, thank you for sharing this How-to. I learned something new and interesting about the opening hour on that specific day. 

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!