Did you mean: 
Level 10

Re: Spammer, wellcome to Connect - Please READ before posting - the next level

Level 6
Level 6

Re: Spammer, welcome to Connect - Please READ before posting

yes right

@ErmesT wrote:

Dear friends Spammers, welcome to Connect. As English is not my language, I will write in Italian so, please, use the Language selection to read what I have to tell you. TKS

Bene, cari amici spammer, come certo sapete, spamming e pubblicità sono vietate in Connect. Eppure fate tutto questa fatica per mettere un post qui, per mostrare la vostra attività commerciale.

Perciò, se il vostro scopo è la pubblicità, forse dovreste tenere in considerazione alcuni parametri relativi al ROI (Return Of Investiment). Quindi:

1. Diventate Guide Locali di livello 1 (qualche volta di livello 2) inserendo qualche immagine e una recensione in Maps. (da 15 a 30 minuti di tempo)
  2. Vi iscrivete a Connect, accettando senza leggere tutte le condizioni per l'accesso al forum. (15 minuti)
  3. Preparate un post con la vostra pubblicità e le foto, e le inserite in una o più sezioni di Connect. (da 15 a 30 minuti di tempo)

Dunque avete investito da 45 minuti a un'ora e mezza del vostro tempo. Cosa ne avete ottenuto? Vediamo i numeri:

• Permanenza di un post di "SPAM" in Connect: da 1 ora a 48 ore (durante il fine-settimana)
  • Visualizzazioni totali durante la permanenza del post: da 1 a 20
  • Visualizzazioni potenzialmente utili (cioè provenienti da zone geograficamente utili): da 0 a 3
  • Contatti effettivi ottenuti: 0

In pratica avete investito il vostro tempo per ottenere risultato ZERO, oltre a esservi guadagnati la sfiducia di tutta la community.

Volete fare un investimento più utile?

Quando entrate in Connect, presentatevi, raccontate chi siete e cosa vi piace, fate un bel post e raccontate del luogo in cui vivete.

Se sarete onesti e corretti, qualcuno della vostra zona potrebbe ricordarsi di voi e forse incontrarvi.

Vi sarete creati dei potenziali clienti, senza dover pubblicizzare nulla se non voi stessi.

Pensateci, e fate un utile investimento.

Colgo l'occasione per farvi i miei migliori auguri di Buone Feste

Level 10

Those are all good points, ermest, but I suspect that for many spammers the goal isn't so much profit as to do the thing itself.  They often strike me as not that different from those who put graffiti on buildings that aren't theirs; there is a certain quality like advertising, but you have to know them already for it to work.  Nonetheless, they leave their mark, rather too literally:

Leaving Termini for Fiumicino (2010).Leaving Termini for Fiumicino (2010).

Level 5

Thank you....very informative post

Level 8

@ErmesT 

Hi,

I came across this thread and think you made a good point that we have yet to implement. We can do something back for spammers.

Having some fun, I suggest the following:

Intro

Society has been coming down very hard on bullying. The campaigns, paid for by governments, and the many short movies, etc. on the subject are substantial. You really do not wish to be told that you are bullying somebody, because that has become a very loaded label. Spammers on the other hand, although their behaviour is costing the global market tons of money and wasting enormous amounts of  people's time, are coming off rather lightly.

The Plan
My suggestion is to slightly rewrite your post as a business article with a link to a solution how to reach us. Preferably with a twist in the end where once they continue to follow the trail of linked articles, end up at Google My Business sign up page...

For example:

1) We post an image with a list of do's and don't not to waist our time to tell us not to spam. Simply insert the image, like the one I share below.

2) We post the link to the first article: I highly recommend you read this article: The Return of Investment of Promoting Your Business on Connect (Title is linked to a Google Doc with the article).

3) At the bottom of this educational article based on yours, we post another attractive link saying. Solution: How to reach more than 100,000 Local Guides and Potential Local Customers. This article just gives the some real cool fact about Google Maps (the amount of apps downloaded, the hits the URL for google maps gets in one day, perhaps Google can point us to a source of cool statistics.

4) At the bottom of this PROMOTIONAL article about how amazing maps is for businesses, we place another link to the sign up page for Google My Business. Perhaps the link could emphasis the time-wasting. Maybe something like, what kind of a business person are you? Stop wasting your time, sign up to this amazing free advertising opportunity now.

The time saving sharing of Do's and Don't image I use is:

dosanddonts.png

Staying on topic, I can highly recommend you watch this TED video on youtube about a guy playing games with a spammer:

Level 10

Level 10

Thank you so much for these nice tips @ErmesT

Level 7

Rif.: Spammer, welcome to Connect - Please READ before posting

Well said @ErmesT! Ben detto! Forse siamo noi a dover apprendere da questi "geni del marketing"..chi lo sà.

A parte gli scherzi speriamo che questi fenomeni siano quantomeno mitigati.

Level 7

Thanks for your post @ErmesT

Hope that Connect will be less spammer 

Ho Chi Minh City Local Guides Community Moderator | Viet Nam Local Guides Community Moderator
Level 10

Oh my goodness @ErmesT This got me laughing 😂😂😂😂. Am sure after some spammers read this, they won't bother wasting their time to make a topic 😂😂😂😂