DennisM's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

Spam

Hi!

I've been mapping for over 5 years now & see a lot of spammer adding packers and movers spam to the map in Mumbai (where I live). Have reported many as spammers to Google but there is no feedback on action taken by them.

How do I find out what action has been taken?

Regards

Dennis

Mumbai Suburban, Maharashtra, India
6 comments

Accepted Solutions
Connect Moderator
Solution

Re: Spam

Hey @DennisM, you did the right thing by reporting them through Maps. Google will not explicitly let you know if they're taking action based on your reports, but they will take action as needed (keep in mind they probably get a LOT of these reports every day).

View solution in original post

Connect Moderator
Solution

Hey @DennisM, you did the right thing by reporting them through Maps. Google will not explicitly let you know if they're taking action based on your reports, but they will take action as needed (keep in mind they probably get a LOT of these reports every day).

Level 10

Those packers and movers spammers are complete idiots. They keep spamming Google's own Webmasters Product Forums all the time as well. 

All reports are valuable however. Google most of the times use the reported data to refine its algorithms to prevent spam automatically if possible. Manual spam removal and manual actions against spammers (and their websites) are less and less frequent (as the algo improves) and @iyudhi is right: there are only very rare occasions when Googlers give feedback - and even only when they need extra info (which is rare with Map spam).

Level 9

@DennisM You can head over to this post from a Google moderator: https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/About-Local-Guides/How-do-I-report-content-on-Google-Maps/m-p/...

which gives details of reporting spammers.

Level 10

Sadly, seems that we cannot have our role in this war to spam 😞

[REDACTED]

[REDACTED]

Spam edit, Not applied....

Former Google Contributor

Ciao @LucioV

ho redatto il tuo post in quanto, come sai, non e' possibile condividere informazioni che violano la privacy di altri utenti. Per favore segui le istruzioni che ti abbiamo mandato via messaggio privato qualche mese fa per segnalarci direttamente il problema. 

Grazie!

* Due to the volume of private messages please note that I do not reply to them
Level 8

I think Google must surely work on, how to give a right to delete the photos (spam) to the verified accounts as a minimum.