cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Someone impersonating my business and leaving negative reviews/ratings

@JeslynL, @Atsukot, @BruceDM, @MarinSt, @GeorgesHR, @KlaudiyaG and @NadyaPN

Someone is using my business name as their username and a photo of my business as their profile picture and is leaving negative reviews/ratings on competitor business pages. This is causing problems/threats for myself and could ultimately have a negative impact on my own business.

How can I have this profile removed as well as the ratings against the other business removed?

I need this sorting ASAP

3 comments
Level 7

Re: Someone impersonating my business and leaving negative reviews/ratings

Are you able to claim your business on Google Maps to take control back?

Apparently, this is a growing problem. See this article in a newspaper from my city. 

https://www.thestar.com/amp/news/gta/2018/03/28/internet-police-warn-business-owners-of-sabotage-on-...

Anonymous
Not applicable

When i search for them within the community I cannot actually find them. It is just through this competitor business contacting myself that I have been made aware of it. When you go onto their business page the review is visible and it is my information (with a space inbetween the name which is inaccurate) however they still believe it to be myself. I believe they may have written the review/rating and then left the community but the rating stays in place. 

Not sure what to do. Very frustrating!

Former Google Contributor

Hey @Anonymous,

Thanks for reaching out.

If this person is a Local Guide, I will contact you over a Private Message with more information.

Best regards,

Georges

Please consider reading this post before sending me a Private Message - Private Messages and Google Moderators