DrShaunak's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Someone has changed a road's name to Singer's name.

Hi, 

Someone has changed an unnamed road (although important road in Northern part of Calcutta) to a pop singer's name.   A spammer changed the name to "Chester Bennington Street",  Chester Bennington was a popular singer, who died in July 2017.  Please note there is no road name of Calcutta belongs to "Chester Bennington Street". 

I'd like to share this info with any Googlers/concerned person so that the wrong name to be changed on urgent basis. 

People have reported via the send feedback option on maps.  But it did not work. Please help.  @GusMoreira I am tagging you in this post for any quick solution. Here many map users (who visits this place) getting troubles as maps/ car GPS system is showing wrong street name. 

Maps error.jpg

Thanks,
 Shaunak Das from Calcutta, India 

Local Hero: Mapping Calcutta’s Hospitals | Instagram | Facebook| Twitter | YouTube | LGSummit16, LGSummit17, SVT18 alumnus
Calcutta, West Bengal, India
2 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Someone has changed a road's name to Singer's name.

Hello,

Thank you for your concern over this issue.  As you have submitted it via Feedback, it will be actioned by the appropriate team.  Such requests are queued and will take a bit of time to be processed, but submitting it just once does get it into queue and no further actions are needed.  Multiple submission will not speed up the process, but rather will simply create a longer queue for all users.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages

Level 9

Re: Someone has changed a road's name to Singer's name.

@Flash @GusMoreira The road name is corrected now. Thanks. 

Local Hero: Mapping Calcutta’s Hospitals | Instagram | Facebook| Twitter | YouTube | LGSummit16, LGSummit17, SVT18 alumnus