Atsukot's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Re: Somebody destroys Almaty maps!

@YerlanB

Yeah. It could be a teenage prank. It was the same situation two months ago in Poland - massive changing of names of school and parks POIs. There were many news about it in main news and tech webservices and after that many reports about such changes on Maps Forum (even today) - so, now, we have a fast path of escalations such changes to Google. Listings are blocked and edits reverted. What Google do with spammers? - it's a sweet secret of Google (probably mainly because of privacy). I think in a day or two all of your escalations will be fixed. In case of such findings. The most important thing is proper describing and directly linking to all spammed listings and sending these informations directly to Google - here on Local Guides Connect or on Google Maps Help Forum, as you did. Thank you!

Regards,

Jacek

Google Diamond Product Expert - Maps, Business Profile, Earth, Gmail, Accounts | Street View Trusted Photographer | Local Guide | retired: Map Maker Help Forum Top Contributor & Poland RER/RL
Former Google Contributor

Hi @YerlanB,

Thanks for the pro-activity, but there is no need to keep sending us these POIs. We are already aware of all of them.

Please consider reading this post before sending me a Private Message - Private Messages and Google Moderators
Level 10

@GeorgesHR Ok. I hope you solve this issue soon

Connect Moderator

Hello @GeorgesHR

We have the same problem with spammers in Ukraine. 

We can't take problem under control link

Could you help us with this?

Should I do a list of damaged spots to help you find this places?

Thank you 

Jane

Former Google Contributor

Hi @JaneBurunina,

We would like to thank you for the pro-activity.

We are aware of the present issues and the teams responsible are already working on a resolution.

I would like to ask you for patience and to provide us with more time until we get this issue resolved. I assure you that this is going to get resolved soon, but given the scale it may time a little more time than originally anticipated.

The topic you have linked has already been reviewed by me and my colleagues and the needed actions were already taken.

Thanks again for raising these issues!

Please consider reading this post before sending me a Private Message - Private Messages and Google Moderators
Connect Moderator

Thank you @GeorgesHR for fast reply, attention and support.

Connect Moderator

@YerlanB Great work! It is stuff like this that makes me feel proud to be a local guide too.

Check out LetsGuide Podcast | #LGCTM | Please always @Mention me so I see your reply
Level 10

Thanks,  @JanVanHaver

Do you have the same problem or is it just the Russian-Speaking countries' problem?