MukulR's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Some writings on the back of Dhaka’ CNG-Auto rickshaws

"My Bengal of Gold" @Dhaka, Bangladesh"My Bengal of Gold" @Dhaka, Bangladesh

Dhaka is the capital and largest city of Bangladesh. Around 18 million people live in this megacity. This city has various kinds of vehicles, out of which CNG driven auto rickshaws are a common and popular vehicle for common people. There are almost 25000 CNG driven auto-rickshaws in Dhaka. The quantity may vary. These auto-rickshaws have various kinds of writing at their back which draw my attention and influenced me to write and share this post here. Some writing is serious, some are funny and some are important. Please see some writing below and I hope you will like them.

"Allah is almighty" @Dhaka, Bangladesh"Allah is almighty" @Dhaka, Bangladesh

# Allah is almighty:

If you look carefully, you will find that 99% of the auto-rickshaws have this writing at their back in various colors, fonts, and sizes. Most of the time it is written in Bold letters either in single color or multi-colors. And it is written on the top. Sometimes this is written with some other writing. But this is the most common writing among the major auto-rickshaws in Dhaka. Sometimes “Allah is kind”, “Allah is great” are also found on some auto rickshaw’s back.

"Sticker is prohibited at the back" @Dhaka, Bangladesh"Sticker is prohibited at the back" @Dhaka, Bangladesh

# No sticker/do not attach sticker:

Another common writing is “No sticker”, “No poster”, “Poster is prohibited” or “Do not attach sticker at the back” of the auto-rickshaws is written. The percentage of this writing will be around 85%. This is also written either in single color or multi-colors but not in bold letters. In this photo, it is written in the wrong spelling but the intention is correct!!

"Engine at the back, do not push" @Dhaka, Bangladesh"Engine at the back, do not push" @Dhaka, Bangladesh

# Do not push at back:

This is another common writing. The driver of the auto-rickshaw request other vehicles behind him not to push at the back of his auto rickshaw. Sometimes it is written as “Engine at the back, do not push”. But the funny and true thing is that most of the auto rickshaws are hit at back by bus and truck and huge casualties happen. What an irony!!

"Drive carefully" @Dhaka, Bangladesh"Drive carefully" @Dhaka, Bangladesh

# Drive the car carefully:

Drivers of the auto-rickshaws are always very much worried about the vehicles coming after him. He thinks that the driver of another vehicle behind him is not much careful about driving. So he may get hit at any time. That’s it is used as a humble request to other drivers to be careful while driving. Sometimes it is also written as “Do not drive with sleepy eyes” and others like this.

"Doing good is the precious wealth""Doing good is the precious wealth"

There are some common writing like: “Send your children to school”, “Blessings of Parents”, “Obey the traffic laws”, “I am small, don’t kill me”, "Earn Halal" etc.

Most of the auto-rickshaws have PCR or "Police Control Room" numbers at the back. At present many of them are replaced with 999 as an emergency number.

I hope you will like this post. Thanks.

@Ant_Bad_Yogi@Tushar18 , @RajaTayyab I hope you like this post. Please share some writtings found at the back of the TukTuk or auto-rickshaw of your country. 

@Anonymous , @To_paul , @955HIRO this post may seem interesting to you. 

Dhaka, Bangladesh
15 comments
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Some writings on the back of Dhaka’ CNG-Auto rickshaws

@MukulR 

Thanks for tagging me. I was very interested to read. I noticed different stickers. On several cars there are stickers "Star", on another car "OK". Good writing. They attract attention. I hope this helps. Drive the car carefully.

Level 10

Hi @MukulR 

in my country there is no such thing, but I would like to have an electric tuk tuk painted green and written on it in all colors.
  "Do not drive with sleepy eyes" I liked the most

Level 8

@MukulR Thank you for mentioning me. We have the same thing in Thailand too, even the back of buses, trucks and cars. I think most of them are funny. They just play with the language to make it sounds like poem and make it funny, that sort of thing. 🙂 Thank you for sharing this post with us. I like it and enjoyed reading it as well.

Level 9

@Anonymous Stars do not carry any special meaning. They are used as part of the decoration. Thanks for liking the post. 

Level 10

@MukulR 

Hello. Thank you very much for tagging me. Thank you very much for a very meaningful post about the important CNG-Auto rickshaws of the people of Bangladesh. The car body on which various messages are written looks like a message board. I think CNG-Auto rickshaws, which always run around for public transportation, is a treasure of Bangladesh. In a way, I think CNG-Auto rickshaws is almighty.it's like a God for everyone's life.

The photo shows a motorcycle taxi that I took when I went to the Philippines. The wind was pleasant and very fun. Thank you very much. Regard

2019110112381500.jpg

2019110112355700.jpg

Hello everyone.!
My name is 955HIRO and I live in Tokyo, Japan. I would like to share photos of travel, customs unique to Japan, and Japan-specific matters with you all.
My hobbies are travel, gourmet, and car. If you have any questions or questions about Japan, I will answer to the best of my knowledge. Thank you very much.

こんにちは(^.^)
日本の東京に住む955HIROと申します。

旅行の写真、日本ならではの慣習、日本独特な事項などの写真をチームの皆様とシェアしていきたいと思っています。
趣味は旅行、食べ歩き、自動車など。

日本に関して何か疑問や質問がありましたら、分かる範囲でお答え致します。

宜しくお願いします!

My profile
Level 9

@Ant_Bad_Yogi I thought only Tuktuk found in Thailand may have this kind of writing, that's why I tagged. But as you are saying about the bus that is also common in our country. Buses have a lot of writing with fonts, colors, etc. The writings are mainly advices, sometimes quotes from the book and religious books.  Thanks for sharing your information with us. 

Level 8

This is an interesting post @MukulR … You have written about something which we generally ignore.

In India, the auto-rickshaws are not painted much at their back. They look simple, but become as display boards during elections time.

On the other hand, Indian trucks are world-famous for their art - esp. those from Punjab region. Drivers maintain the trucks as their soulmates … 😛

I don't have any pictures of those trucks, but you can search them on Internet. And yes, next time I'll click some if I get to see any beautiful Punjabi truck.

Level 9

@955HIRO Yes, you are right. Auto rickshaws are playing an important part in the lives of the people living in Dhaka. Those who do not have any car or cannot afford Uber or taxi cap use auto-rickshaws to reach to their destination timely. But this auto-rickshaws sometimes create problems on the road as well. Thanks for the photos you shared from your visit to the Phillippines. They look very nice and interesting. I think they are also an important players one the roads of the Phillippines. Thanks. 

Level 9

@Tushar18 You are right. I have seen many photos of colorful trucks from India and Pakistan. They are so highly decorated and painted it seems like the running painting of a great artist. Thanks for liking this post and sharing your information with us. We will be waiting to see your colorful photos of trucks.