KlaudiyaG's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Google Contributor

Some of the best recent virtual meet-ups

Every month, we round-up some of the best meet-up recaps that Local Guides have shared on Connect the month before. We saw such a great amount of amazing recaps and different meet-up campaigns recently that we decided to include more of them in our round-up.

Caption: A screenshot showing Local Guides attending a virtual meet-up. (Local Guide @JanVanHaver)Caption: A screenshot showing Local Guides attending a virtual meet-up. (Local Guide @JanVanHaver)

[RECAP] Virtual Meet-up: Confusing Categories

@JanVanHaver is passionate about accuracy on Google Maps. In May, he hosted a meet-up that aimed to help Local Guides choose the best category when adding or editing a place on the map. Over 30 Local Guides participated in the interesting discussion. To learn more about it, feel free to check out the recap.

Caption: A collage of photos showing Local Guides during their favorite vacations. (Local Guide @AlexandreCampbell)Caption: A collage of photos showing Local Guides during their favorite vacations. (Local Guide @AlexandreCampbell)

A virtual journey through the 4 corners of Brazil (Recap)

During @AlexandreCampbell's meet-up, Local Guides shared their favorite destinations in Brazil. In the recap, you will find some great stories as well as an album full of impressive photos from beautiful places, like Ipojuca, Belo Horizonte, and more.

Caption: A collage of photos of Local Guides who took part in Quiz Connect. (Local Guide @AdrianLunsong)Caption: A collage of photos of Local Guides who took part in Quiz Connect. (Local Guide @AdrianLunsong)

[RECAP] Grand Finale of Quiz Connect

@AdrianLunsong is the creator of the fun virtual game “Quiz Connect.” Ten teams of five people took part in three rounds and answered challenging questions about the Local Guides program. If you are interested in finding out who participated and became the winner, head to Adrian’s recap.

Caption: A collage of food images that Local Guides presented during a meet-up. (Local Guide @Velvel).Caption: A collage of food images that Local Guides presented during a meet-up. (Local Guide @Velvel).

[RECAP] Virtual Meet-up Foodie Local Guides Talk

In May, @Velvel hosted a virtual meet-up for the foodies at heart. Local Guides from seven countries talked about the dishes they love to eat and prepare, and enthusiastically discussed the meals they can’t wait to enjoy at their favorite restaurants again. For some mouthwatering photos, check out her recap.

Caption: A collage of screenshots showing Local Guides who participated in a trivia challenge, and a text in the middle that says “Recap Connect Trivia Challenge: Food.” (Local Guide @SarahKa).Caption: A collage of screenshots showing Local Guides who participated in a trivia challenge, and a text in the middle that says “Recap Connect Trivia Challenge: Food.” (Local Guide @SarahKa).

Connect Trivia Challenge [RECAP]

@SarahKa organized a fun virtual trivia game that tested the participants’ knowledge of international food. They had to guess the names of dishes that she presented, their country of origin, and even their ingredients. If you want to test your knowledge, too, and find out who won, here’s Sarah’s recap.

Caption: A photo of Local Guide @PavelSarwar taking a selfie with his laptop, on which we see other Local Guides attending his meet-up. (Local Guide @PavelSarwar).Caption: A photo of Local Guide @PavelSarwar taking a selfie with his laptop, on which we see other Local Guides attending his meet-up. (Local Guide @PavelSarwar).

[RECAP] Share your country to the world

In May, we saw three amazing recaps by @PavelSarwar. He told us about his country, Bangladesh, introduced the bond between Bangladesh and Nepal with co-host @NirajBhusal, and held a virtual Eid reunion with @SumaiyaZafrin . In each of these recaps, you have the chance to learn about traditional food, celebrations, music, tourist places, and more interesting topics.

Caption: A collage of screenshots showing a list of Local Guides attending a virtual meet-up, photos from different places, and a text that says, “Malaysia Local Guides Penang Virtual Tour.” (Local Guide @StephenAbraham).Caption: A collage of screenshots showing a list of Local Guides attending a virtual meet-up, photos from different places, and a text that says, “Malaysia Local Guides Penang Virtual Tour.” (Local Guide @StephenAbraham).

[Recap] Penang Island Malaysia Virtual Tour Meet-up

We love the virtual tours Local Guides host to introduce their country, region, or favorite location. @StephenAbraham took Local Guides from around the world on a virtual trip to Malaysia. He talked about some wonderful places that he thinks deserve a spot on everyone’s bucket list. If you are eager to see which the locations are and learn more about them, then you should check out the video Stephen shared in his recap.

Caption: A screenshot of Local Guides attending a virtual  meet-up. (Local Guide @JustineE).Caption: A screenshot of Local Guides attending a virtual meet-up. (Local Guide @JustineE).

RECAP - Virtual Chocolate Extravaganza

Are you a fan of chocolate? Then you better grab something sweet before checking this recap, as it might make you crave some dessert. In May, @JustineE  organized a meet-up dedicated to chocolate. Ten Local Guides presented their favorite brands, while munching on some chocolate delights. Head to her recap to see what treats Local Guides from different countries like to eat.

Did you attend any of these virtual meet-ups? What’s your favorite recent recap? Tell us in the comments below.

Interested in being featured? Submit your recaps on Local Guides Connect, for a chance to have your recap featured for the next month. No need to tag a Google Moderator; we review all recaps published on Connect regularly.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

30 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Some of the best recent virtual meet-ups

Many congratulations to @JanVanHaver, @AlexandreCampbell, @AdrianLunsong, @Velvel, @SarahKa, @StephenAbraham bhai, @JustineE, and @PavelSarwar Bhai for great meetups, and all attendees too. Especially I really enjoyed Adrian's quiz, Sarah's Trivia and Stephen's Virtual Penang tour.

Thank you 🙏 @KlaudiyaG for sharing.

Please type @ before username to mention/tag me so I can reply to you quicker. About me |Guiding Star 2021 | Follow me on Maps |  | Instagram |   

Gems Of the World - A Connect Travel Post Challenge

Connect Moderator

,@KlaudiyaG  Wow! These are all great Meet-Ups. I had joined some of these, specially Virtual  Eid reunion and Share your country by @PavelSarwar 

Happy Guiding!

Level 8

@KlaudiyaG Your mention in this post inspired me a lot to organize many more meetups. Stay Tuned for my next meetup.

Proud to be a Local Guide.
Level 9

Nice meet ups. @KlaudiyaG 

Congratulations your meet ups are featured. 

@AdrianLunsong @StephenAbraham @Velvel @JanVanHaver 

@AlexandreCampbell @SarahKa @PavelSarwar @JustineE 

{Simplicity Is My Identity}
Level 8

Wow ❣️! what a variety of meetups happened last month. kudos to all the hosts who organized these fun happening meetups. 

Thumbs Up!

Connect Moderator

Téh @Velvel yea yeahhh jadi favourites , wilujéng pokoknamah ! 

Level 6

Congrats @Velvel I wish to join your foodie talk next time 😊

Level 8

Congratulations all hosts. Thanks @KlaudiyaG for share with us. 

Connect Moderator

Thanks for the mention @KlaudiyaG ! Much appreciated! I hope folks will see this post and be inspired to either host some meet-ups of their own or join in the many meet-ups that's being organised in the coming weeks!

If you're interested in hosting a meet-up do check out some of these posts to help you get started or feel free to ask the Local Guides highlighted in this posts:

And if you are interested in joining meet-ups, please head to the Local Guides Meet-ups page where you can view all the upcoming meet-ups and join in! To be as supportive and encouraging to the hosts, please only RSVP (i.e. reserve a spot) if you can actually attend the meet-ups. Thanks!

#EuroMeetup2024 - Join us in Manchester, UK from June 6th to 9th 2024
      Go Loco Guides - The unofficial YouTube channel for Local Guides! Check us out and subscribe
      Connect Writing Challenge - Simple strategies to write engaging posts on Connect
      How to Write Reviews - Easy to remember tips on writing structured reviews