jojo522's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Some basic issues in GM to resolve before Map of the week

Even though as LG the process of  exploring is going on effectively putting the accuracy is very important. We have to sort out some basic very important issues before going further exploration. In spite of putting the issues several times no solution is being made, not even tagged solution, but taken for granted.My question is whom i have to contact for solutions which are very important but not taken seriously by concerned. .   It is imperative and important and the priority is to resolve the  basic needs for accuracy before the Mapping week otherwise there is  no meaning.....My issues were not resolved .So i am putting again  main discussion for a solution not for discussion or unnecessary arguments

Irrespective of  forwarding it for subjects queries several times .for  LG subjects 'how do i.'..such as, some of the real add a place is often not approved although very sure,, sometimes labels  are not on for some places even though made on ,(mean hidden places in  GM) Name is not approved although accurate and sure, review options are not available for some etc.

Appreciate giving importance of sorting out such related issues being part of it along with the above venture.

One example

I am sure the name accurately  try to changeit several time but not appproving for the following I want to change Name Store to MaAmbe.

https://goo.gl/maps/kXiJP2rnHSt

Kindly advice to resolve such basic issues which is clear and accurate before the Map Week

jojo
Navi Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
6 comments
Level 9
Level 9

Re: Some basic issues in GM to resolve before Map of the week

jojo wrote: 

Kindly advice to resolve such basic issues which is clear and accurate before the Map Week

You only mention one specific issue in your post so that's all I can advise on, if you can give clear examples on any other issues I'm sure the forum will try to help

@jojo522 wrote:

I want to change Name Store to MaAmbe.

https://goo.gl/maps/kXiJP2rnHSt

Generally names are capitalised using standard language rules, in English this is usually first letter of a word only, so having a capital A in the middle of a name could be problematic

Level 10

As i reiterate i do not want argument or discussion as usual from you,please find solution. Please show a helping mentality instead of attacking or biased  questioning. Historically speaking. as it is the truth and nobody can deny and you are asking proof without believing me. How can i show you when new places are not added or label is not on,or no review option since it is appearing in edit mode and i am unable to show you. I think there may be some technical issues or biased for not approval. It is 100% accurate and physically correct.Why not approving. Pl give me an answer.  But you must believe me and try to sort out issues instead of escaping by mere excuse questions as used to be in the past for the betterment of GM.. Please try to understand,read properly,not in a hurry to say something and finish off. Such attitude is not acceptable. Show a helping hand from your side instead of questioning and escaping by counter questions. Or tell me whom to contact?. I want to sort out basic issues like this.

Let us sort out such basic, essential, important issues before moving forward for advance,making sense by resolving basic  issues like this before 'Map Week 'so that it will be more meaningful and helpful for LG like me at the early stage,struggling to resolve problems like this from the root base without nobody showing helping attitude..

jojo
Level 10

Another recent issue 

I am very sure the place is closed permanently and another is  added. Having full confidence i  tried again and again as permanently closed. It is  again showing not applied. This is a serious issue which not only frustrate but show no  interest further in LG since actual problems never solved and nobody bothers. .That is why we need to sort out basic issues first from the root level before going for advance.Hope the concerned authority  look into it seriously immediately  and  find a solution instead of unnecessary arguments, biased, counter questions, unproductive  time waste and escapism as if no proper authority resulting unsolved forever. Pl take it in the positive way for the welfare of GM. 

https://goo.gl/maps/afaBg5hahjr

jojo
Level 10

Yet another recent issue( confronting so many issues everyday like this,it is an eg. only)

I am very sure the place is be added as Terna Medical College( significant addition) in between Terna Nursing College and Terna Physiotherapy College( an addition very important and useful nobody explored and not bothered) which i did and with great expectation put it for add place.Yet it is showing  not approved.I have the photos even clear it is a Medical College in between besides my first hand knowledge. Having full confidence i  tried again and again .. It is  again showing not applied. This is a serious issue which not only frustrate but show no  interest further in LG since actual problems never solved and nobody bothers. .That is why we need to sort out basic issues first from the root level before going for advance.Hope the concerned authority  look into it seriously immediately  and  find a solution instead of unnecessary arguments, biased, counter questions, unproductive  time waste and escapism as if no proper authority resulting unsolved forever. Pl take it in the positive way for the welfare of GM. 

https://goo.gl/maps/Vb1GS7mDJ4u

jojo
Level 8

Hi @jojo522,

I consider it is not practical to expect long lasting issues be fixed magically.

I am sure you can tell LGs, during the Meet-up, what are the right things to do.  What are known to be problematic and why.

For those systematic issues, I consider it is important to tell people that Maps is not perfect.  Encountering of issues are to be expected.  And finally, tell people where and how to report and seek help.

It is an environment that keeps evolving, such that Maps will always need feedbacks for all the goods and bads of all kinds.

Level 10

Thanks, hope we can highlight these points  during the upcoming  meet up, since  we cannot ignore or neglect it as not practical ,   being the  very base and primary needs of  LG, but to resolve in the long run giving priorities by taking initiative. Agreed nothing will beachieved  magically.unless and until there is an interest from LG making, GM as perfect and accurate as possible from the ground level. Hope for the best

jojo