Kwiksatik's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

So much to contribute!

So... I recently reached Level 10. To be honest, I had forgotten that this community was available online, and I am so glad that I "rediscovered" it. I live in a somewhat-not-too-remote area of the US and while there are a few Google Guides in the area, I have yet to actually really meet one. ^_^ I am amazed at how much being a Guide has encouraged me to take notice of my surroundings - from well-thought-out shop displays to park benches with the prettiest views. I have found myself exploring my city storefront by storefront, and have made so many amazing discoveries in the process. I have meet business owners, heard fascinating stories about the establishment and maintenance of a business in my local economy, and gotten to know my community so much better. Of all the contributions I have made, listing what particular types of goods are available at stores is so important to my local community - we get crazy amounts of snow and the occasional blizzard, and knowing which stores offer curbside, which pharmacies are drive-through, and which stores cater to specific dietary needs can be so helpful to the local community. Most of all, I have been happy to see some of the businesses in town take reviews more seriously than in-person complaints - we even now have "bartender help" code words for women who feel unsafe in some of the local night spots. The availability of this kind of information can provide such a sense of security and save so much time. I am proud to have helped map out my small corner of the world and am so excited to continue contributing!

10.png

Bozeman, MT, USA
5 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: So much to contribute!

Hey @Kwiksatik,

If you rediscovered Connect again then, Welcome back to Connect.

Congrats on reaching level 10, this truly takes some dedication. The idea you had to make lists of the different goods in the stores is great, I like it a lot. I am happy to hear that you are helping your local community and have fun and discover interesting stories in the process. Helping the my local community is the reason I like contributing to Google Maps as well.

If you haven`t done so, why don`t you introduce yourself here:

Best regards,

Georges

Please consider reading this post before sending me a Private Message - Private Messages and Google Moderators
Connect Moderator

Congrats on level 10, @Kwiksatik - an absolutely amazing accomplishment many of us hope to reach. It's clear to see how much your contributions have helped your local community, especially by providing key tips and insights that visitors may not know. And now that you've rediscovered Connect you can extend your expertise with our large online family 🙂 So glad to have you here as an exceptional guide!

Miami, FL | My Profile | #LGMiami | #TeamPixel | #ShopSmall
Connect Moderator

Thank you so much! Glad to be here! ^_^

Connect Moderator

Thank you for all the kind words @GeorgesHR! I will absolutely introduce myself on the April forum! 

Level 5

Congrats....