CaitZ's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 5

Small Town..

I believe I'm alone with no close meetup spots to attend, what is the best advice you have for me on building my profile?

Benton, KY, USA
6 comments
Level 9

Re: Small Town..

Hi @CaitZ,

Welcome to Local Guide Connect Forum.

You can always host your own meet up by submitting your meet up through Local Guide Meet Up site.

flagnepal acetreks.gif  - Nepal | YouTube
Level 10

@CaitZ Welcome to Local Guides Connect. 

It's likely there could be other Local Guides around your area, but you haven't met them yet. 

For a start I would suggest you could do these.

1. Look up Google Maps for your area, add places and businesses that you find are missing in Maps; and update information for businesses that have changed etc.

2. Continue to write reviews, photos where possible. And when you review places, you can check out others' reviews, and you can see reviews by other Local Guides. You might even find others that you know in your small town.

3. Talk and introduce the Local Guides program to your close friends, so they can be part of the program also. 

4. Soon there after, you should have at least a few friends near you who are Local Guides, and occasionally, you all can plan a small weekend day-trip to a nearby city and place to explore the place, meet new friends, try out new foods etc. 

And in the mean time, you can introduce yourself in our monthly February 2019 introduction page
https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/General-Discussion/Introduce-Yourself-February-2019/m-p/126642...

Level 9

Hi, @CaitZ ; Welcome to Local Guides Connect.

I had the same problem when i started contributing as a local guide.

1.Explore the map of your area

2.Find some business places with reviews

3.Contact the local guides who have reviewed more than one place

4.There is a high chance of those local guides being from your area

******** Still if you are alone, Buckle up your gear and go to the town like real cowboy.

Start shooting photos of places as much as you can, and upload them to the map.

Whenever and where ever you travel, try to take photos and upload to Google Maps

Don't forget to review the places you visit as well.

Wish  you all the very best !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sri Lankan Local Guides

Level 7

And who will be financing it . .

Is google???

Level 9

@nishant4,

It's a bit difficult to understand your question.

Finance what ?

Sri Lankan Local Guides

Former Google Contributor

Hi @nishant4,

I would like to remind you that Local Guides are freely participating in the program and Local Guides contribute because they want to be able to help others via the Google Maps platform.

The Local Guides team has no plans to monetarily compensate any Google Maps contributors for their contributions to Google Maps at this time.

You can find your motivation for this when read this post Why be a Local Guide?, which describes the Program and it benefits.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!