Buckolujo's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Slovenia, a true gem!

Slovenia is a fantastic hiking destination, accessible to all abilities with a huge number of marked hikes.

The small lake near Kranska Gora in the Julian Alps.The small lake near Kranska Gora in the Julian Alps.

Kranjska Gora is a good base for exploring the northern part of Triglav National Park, or there are mountain huts available for more intrepid explores up the Vrsic Pass.

A view across Triglav National Park in the Julian Alps.A view across Triglav National Park in the Julian Alps.

The scenery in the National Park is stunning, and the variety of hikes makes the park very accessible.  Make sure you pick up a map in one of the tourist information kiosks in the towns to explore. They will also give you a good idea of which kind of routes are suited to your abilities.

The crystal clear waters of the rivers in Slovenia are very inviting - you can swim freely in some of the lakes, particularly Lake Bohinj.  Bled has restrictions and tends to be more polluted, so if you fancy a swim head to Bohinj and find one of the many remote spots.The crystal clear waters of the rivers in Slovenia are very inviting - you can swim freely in some of the lakes, particularly Lake Bohinj. Bled has restrictions and tends to be more polluted, so if you fancy a swim head to Bohinj and find one of the many remote spots.DSC00212.jpg

Make sure you spend time exploring this stunning country!

Clouds forming in the Alpine valleyClouds forming in the Alpine valleyA view over Lake BledA view over Lake Bled

https://www.instagram.com/buckolujo/
Triglav National Park, Slovenia
16 comments
Level 9

Re: Slovenia, a true gem!

Thanks for sharing your photos and thoughts on Slovenia @Buckolujo! I have to agree with you that the country is gorgeous. Sadly I haven't had the chance to visit some of the hikes there, so it is great to see them through your eyes! Are you Slovenian? Or just travelling through? ?

I was very fortunate to visit the country twice in 2014 for holidays and in 2010 for a healthcare conference. Here are some of my photos from Ljubljana and also around. Here's one from the castle, which is situated on one of the highest points in the city.

Sunset from Ljubljana CastleSunset from Ljubljana Castle

I also got to go to Lake Bled as well, absolutely breathing scenery here!

Lake Bled, a cathedral in the middle of the lake.Lake Bled, a cathedral in the middle of the lake.

I also got to visit one of the caves, not quite hiking, but still something that shows the beauty of nature. I believe this was Postojna Cave.

Postojna cavePostojna cave

Please post publicly so others can benefit as well. I do not have private messages. Thanks!
Level 10

Thanks @Buckolujo for sharing with us this beautiful place! It's in my list for the next vacations, I love this Natural Park and camping here!

Bye, 

David

Google Vendor

Hi @Buckolujo,

Thank you so much for sharing! Astonishing photos. I have never been to Slovenia, and after seeing the photos, you made me want to visit it.

I hike a lot, and there isn't better feeling than reaching the top. What do you enjoy the most?

I’m going to change the topic of this post to Travel as it fits better there. This way more people can learn about Slovenia.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 10

@Buckolujothanks for beautiful post! I like Slovenia, it's amazing country!

Former Google Contributor

Wow @Buckolujo,

Thank you for presenting such a breathtaking views here on Connect.

Slovenia is one of my must see countries. I've been told about how beautiful is there from my father who was there years ago. He was really fascinated by this country. 

Could you please share with us, which season would be the best choice to visit Slovenia?

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 7

Wow, the cave looks fabulous! I'm not Slovenian no, just travelling, but would love to return.

We didn't have chance to explore Ljubljana unfortunately, so it will definitely be on the agenda when we return! 

Level 7

Hi, glad you like them! I would highly recommended Slovenia for an outdoor themed trip. 

I very much like the climb down or back from a long day out, you're really able to savour the views more, especially if you are hiking at around sunset. 

Level 7

Hi, we went in the shoulder season - mid June - after much research.

We picked this time as the weather is pleasant, but the volume of visitors is a bit lower than during the peak season. This might make some of the higher altitude routes more challenging due to the presence of ice/snow, but it is well worth it for a more peaceful trip! 

Level 9

Amazing those who are nature lovers,thank you @Buckolujo for sharing a beautiful place...