winetravelandsong's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Sitting in the Dead Sea

I finally made it to the Dead Sea. I loved everything about it, except getting salt in my eyes. 

We spent a few hours on Herod's beach as the sun started to set on a scorching hot day. In between floating in the water (and washing the salt out of my eyes) , I took pictures of the unique location and the wonderful light. 

The water is so warm, and so calm that people were floating in it, chatting in it and some even brought their chairs into it! 

I grabbed this picture which I thought encapsulated how people were enjoying the water. I hope you like it! 

2018-10-05 17.27.15.jpg

Herods Hotel Dead Sea, Neve Zohar, Israel
2 comments
Level 10

Re: Sitting in the Dead Sea

@winetravelandsong This is an amazing destination. I personally hope to get the opportunity to visit there some day. From what I have read, the water is of the highest salinity in the world. Does it have any medical properties? If one goes dipping in the salt water, does one need to wash it off before the journey back? Is there tap water available?

Level 7

Re: Sitting in the Dead Sea

Hey Stephen, Apparently it does have some medical properties plus it just makes you feel good! There is so much salt you can pick up fistfuls and give your whole body a scrub!

I believe they say you shouldn't stay too long in the water as all that salt (and bromide, natural chlorine) can leach your skin a little.

There are loads of free showers at the back of the beach. The water is extra strong to wash off all the salt. Plus there are public bathrooms/restrooms to change and dry off. I think tap water was also available 🙂